Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
I'm rude, judgmental, and dislike most people. Ask me a/thin
  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next

oliveoil

Post Sun, Nov 04 2018, 9:52 pm
Why the heck not join the melee?

sequoia

Post Sun, Nov 04 2018, 9:54 pm
When can we meet?

Zehava

Post Sun, Nov 04 2018, 9:54 pm
Can I join the meetup?

mommy3b2c

Post Sun, Nov 04 2018, 9:55 pm
Agree. It’s a lot of fun.

Are you rude irl? Or just on this site?

You actually fascinate me, to tell you the truth.

professor

Post Sun, Nov 04 2018, 9:55 pm
Hi do you like people in general? Do you enjoy reading quietly and being left alone? Are you the same irl as you are online?

oliveoil

Post Sun, Nov 04 2018, 9:57 pm
mommy3b2c wrote:
Agree. It’s a lot of fun.

Are you rude irl? Or just on this site?

You actually fascinate me, to tell you the truth.

I tame it down a little in real life, but most people know how I feel and would recognize me in my posts.

oliveoil

Post Sun, Nov 04 2018, 9:59 pm
professor wrote:
Hi do you like people in general? Do you enjoy reading quietly and being left alone? Are you the same irl as you are online?

I do not like people in general. My default when meeting anyone is dislike, and occasionally (very occasionally) that will change once I get to know them a bit.

I do very much enjoy reading quietly and being left alone.

I am quite similar in real life. I definitely say things that other people would not, and people definitely tell me that my compliments mean a lot because I am so critical and particular in general. But there are some things I"ve said here that I probably would tone done face to face in certain situations.

oliveoil

Post Sun, Nov 04 2018, 10:00 pm
re the meetups - did I mention I'm super anti-social??

mommy3b2c

Post Sun, Nov 04 2018, 10:01 pm
oliveoil wrote:
I tame it down a little in real life, but most people know how I feel and would recognize me in my posts.

Ok. Kind of like Larry David in “curb your enthusiasm”

Anyway, I’d love to meet you.

What is it about most people that makes you dislike them?

Is there a common thread?

I find there is a common thread in people that dislike me. For example, I’ve found that all people who dislike me are people that take themselves too seriously.

So is it like that with people you don’t like? Only in reverse? (If that makes sense)

oliveoil

Post Sun, Nov 04 2018, 10:13 pm
mommy3b2c wrote:
Ok. Kind of like Larry David in “curb your enthusiasm”

Anyway, I’d love to meet you.

What is it about most people that makes you dislike them?

Is there a common thread?

I find there is a common thread in people that dislike me. For example, I’ve found that all people who dislike me are people that take themselves too seriously.

So is it like that with people you don’t like? Only in reverse? (If that makes sense)

I haven't thought about it as in depth as that, but I'd say I have a very low tolerance for irritation and stupidity, and I find most people to be either irritating, stupid, or both.

I also have a lot of sensory issues (smells, tastes, touches) - to a degree that definitely affects my day-to-day life. So a smell that someone else may notice in passing, drives me so crazy I cannot think about anything else until I'm away from it. So the person who someone else might find mildly irritation, I want to squash with a rainboot and sweep out the door.

Two other things possibly worth mentioning:

a) I am don't expect more from others than I give myself. So I dislike most people, but I don't expect them to like or tolerate me either.

b) I actually have a bunch of sensitive stuff in my past that I don't want people to know or ask about or get close to, so when I meet new people I am automatically on guard and not really interested in getting to know them because that means questions in return that I do not want to answer. (wow, getting deep and personal here.)

zaq

Post Sun, Nov 04 2018, 10:15 pm
If you’re rude and judgmental, why would anyone want to ask you anything?

Coffee Addict

Post Sun, Nov 04 2018, 10:19 pm
I always saw you’re rude in your posts. It’s just funny that you admit it! Fascinating! LOL

You’re quite cute, not when you’re rude though Very Happy

groisamomma

Post Sun, Nov 04 2018, 10:20 pm
Okay, since you started this thread...feel free to ignore any questions I ask.

The tone of your posts sometimes come across as biting. If you're that critical irl, how does your family handle it (if you're married and have kids)?

IME people with low tolerance for stupidity in others aren't happy people that can let their guards down and just have fun. Do you ever just dance in the rain or do silly things just for fun?

I have no intentions of making this political, but I have to ask: Many people here preach tolerance for liberals and their ideals, talk about accepting others without judging them, yet you said yourself that you're intolerant of others. How is that not a double standard?

Are your friends and family similar to you? I can't imagine sitting at a simcha alongside a scowling face the whole time. Do you ever pretend on the outside to be something else?

Last edited by groisamomma on Sun, Nov 04 2018, 10:22 pm; edited 1 time in total

oliveoil

Post Sun, Nov 04 2018, 10:21 pm
zaq wrote:
If you’re rude and judgmental, why would anyone want to ask you anything?

Good question. People seem to find it interesting/confusing, I'm not quite sure why.

oliveoil

Post Sun, Nov 04 2018, 10:22 pm
Coffee Addict wrote:
I always saw you’re rude in your posts. It’s just funny that you admit it! Fascinating! LOL

You’re quite cute, not when you’re rude though Very Happy

lol

SuperWify

Post Sun, Nov 04 2018, 10:23 pm
Do you have kids? If so how do you have patience to deal with them? What about a husband?

I get the need for space btw- I need it too sometimes.

Do you like me as a poster- I won’t take offense...

mommy3b2c

Post Sun, Nov 04 2018, 10:25 pm
oliveoil wrote:
I haven't thought about it as in depth as that, but I'd say I have a very low tolerance for irritation and stupidity, and I find most people to be either irritating, stupid, or both.

I also have a lot of sensory issues (smells, tastes, touches) - to a degree that definitely affects my day-to-day life. So a smell that someone else may notice in passing, drives me so crazy I cannot think about anything else until I'm away from it. So the person who someone else might find mildly irritation, I want to squash with a rainboot and sweep out the door.

Two other things possibly worth mentioning:

a) I am don't expect more from others than I give myself. So I dislike most people, but I don't expect them to like or tolerate me either.

b) I actually have a bunch of sensitive stuff in my past that I don't want people to know or ask about or get close to, so when I meet new people I am automatically on guard and not really interested in getting to know them because that means questions in return that I do not want to answer. (wow, getting deep and personal here.)

Interesting.

What’s funny is that I also really can’t stand stupid people. And I am also crazy sensory. (If my kid touches the back of the seat I’m sitting on I have to restrain myself from smacking him in the face. Or if I taste something I don’t like, I’ll vomit.)

And yet, I am the exact opposite of you. I literally like EVERYBODY. Even when they don’t deserve it.

But, I actually do find your posts highly entertaining. That must be the part of me that “gets” you.

oliveoil

Post Sun, Nov 04 2018, 10:28 pm
groisamomma wrote:
Olay, since you started this thread...feel free to ignore any questions I ask.

The tone of your posts sometimes come across as biting. If you're that critical irl, how does your family handle it (if you're married and have kids)?

IME people with low tolerance for stupidity in others aren't happy people that can let their guards down and just have fun. Do you ever just dance in the rain or do silly things just for fun?

I have no intentions of making this political, but I have to ask: Many people here preach tolerance for liberals and their ideals, talk about accepting others without judging them, yet you said yourself that you're intolerant of others. How is that not a double standard?

a) For the most part, with the people I care about and the relationships I want to hold onto, I'm able to hold back. It does occasionally come out and I have to deal with the fallout. But also, with the small group of people I do like/love, it's a lot easier to let the good outweigh the bad.

b) I am definitely not the easygoing let loose type and never have been. I can and do do fun/silly with my kids sometimes.

c) I'm not sure if I'm understanding this question correctly, feel free to ask again if I'm not, but I don't believe in that. I often encourage other people to be more judgmental (they usually roll their eyes and laugh) and I don't think we have to accept everyone and everything.

oliveoil

Post Sun, Nov 04 2018, 10:29 pm
SuperWify wrote:
Do you have kids? If so how do you have patience to deal with them? What about a husband?

I get the need for space btw- I need it too sometimes.

Do you like me as a poster- I won’t take offense...

a) it's definitely a struggle. And I really need time away from the hubbub so that I can keep myself under control. It's not their fault that I am the way I am, so I try to keep that in mind. (I think one of my answers above addresses this too).

b) not particularly, sorry...

NovelConcept

Post Sun, Nov 04 2018, 10:31 pm
"I'm rude, judgmental, and dislike most people."

Are you proud of that?
Page 1 of 7   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next Recent Topics