Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Throw blanket giving off lint

Snow White

Post Thu, Oct 04 2018, 11:28 am
I just purchased a new throw blanket and I noticed it make my clothes very linty. Is there anything to do or just get rid of blanket?

ShishKabob

Post Thu, Oct 04 2018, 11:45 am
I would wash it in it's own load and then dry it with dryer sheets. This should help a lot, however, it still may need a few washings for it to stop 'linting'. Make sure to empty the dryer lint afterwards, it will probably have a full coating of the lint in that color. Good luck!

Snow White

Post Thu, Oct 04 2018, 11:52 am
Ok will try that, thanks

thunderstorm

Post Thu, Oct 04 2018, 11:53 am
The one I have is like faux fur and still causes everyone to get full of lint no matter how many times I've washed it. It definitely is not as bad as it used to be. But on Yom Tov when all my velour robes and my sons sweater was covered in lint I said "Enough, this is going in the garbage" and it was not cheap at all.

studying_torah

Post Mon, Nov 05 2018, 10:56 am
Ha thunderstorm, my furry couch throw covers everything in fuzz. I almost feel like I have a shedding pet.
It cost too much to throw out but I get the feeling.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry