Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
I’m Zehava AMA
Previous  1  2  3

gold21

Post Mon, Nov 05 2018, 9:09 am
Is your favorite subject history?

Do you have more brothers than sisters?

Do you dream of moving somewhere out there, far from the community you affiliate with?

Are you closer to your father than to your mother?

Do your children love meatballs and spaghetti?

Zehava

Post Mon, Nov 05 2018, 9:42 am
gold21 wrote:
Is your favorite subject history?

Do you have more brothers than sisters?

Do you dream of moving somewhere out there, far from the community you affiliate with?

Are you closer to your father than to your mother?

Do your children love meatballs and spaghetti?

One of them
No
No
No
No

Chayalle

Post Mon, Nov 05 2018, 10:17 am
Zehava wrote:
Yiddish, English, and Hebrew

Wow! If you are of chassidish background, how did you learn to read in Hebrew (ETA as opposed to Lashon Hakodesh. I'm assuming you mean books here, not just Tefillah...)?

(I learned to read Hebrew books with the encouragement of my Israeli roommate in seminary. I should've paid more attention to my Swiss roommate, maybe I would've learned to read in yiddish. I can read yiddish on like a 3rd grade level...)

Zehava

Post Mon, Nov 05 2018, 10:31 am
Chayalle wrote:
Wow! If you are of chassidish background, how did you learn to read in Hebrew (ETA as opposed to Lashon Hakodesh. I'm assuming you mean books here, not just Tefillah...)?

(I learned to read Hebrew books with the encouragement of my Israeli roommate in seminary. I should've paid more attention to my Swiss roommate, maybe I would've learned to read in yiddish. I can read yiddish on like a 3rd grade level...)

I’m good at language and I love to read
So I took the high school Hebrew and ran with it

InnerMe

Post Mon, Nov 05 2018, 10:36 am
Zehava wrote:
I’ve always been a square peg in a round hole.
Short of moving to an unpopulated island I will always be different in some way.
whatever goes in inside my mind and whatever image I project because of societal/familial pressure, those two shall never meet. And I’m okay with that.

This post made me sad. And intrigued.
Are you really content that the two shall never meet? Or is it more of a acceptance of reality, and knowledge that it can never happen for you to outwardly move to a square hole?
In addition, what kind of home do you envision your children raising? And would it bother you if they live the lifestyle you present outwardly, but more completely then you?

Zehava

Post Mon, Nov 05 2018, 1:30 pm
InnerMe wrote:
This post made me sad. And intrigued.
Are you really content that the two shall never meet? Or is it more of a acceptance of reality, and knowledge that it can never happen for you to outwardly move to a square hole?
In addition, what kind of home do you envision your children raising? And would it bother you if they live the lifestyle you present outwardly, but more completely then you?

I am really content and happy. I have so much to be grateful for. So much love and joy in my life.
I haven’t come across that square hole yet that I would want to move to. I don’t think it exists. People like me are outsiders in every environment because percentage wise there are so little of us.
I don’t envision my children’s futures. Their futures are for them to decide. Whatever they do I will support them and be proud of their accomplishments.

InnerMe

Post Mon, Nov 05 2018, 1:39 pm
Zehava wrote:
I am really content and happy. I have so much to be grateful for. So much love and joy in my life.
I haven’t come across that square hole yet that I would want to move to. I don’t think it exists. People like me are outsiders in every environment because percentage wise there are so little of us.
I don’t envision my children’s futures. Their futures are for them to decide. Whatever they do I will support them and be proud of their accomplishments.

That sounds nice.
Thanks for the answers Wink
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics