Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
I’m mommy3b2c ask me anything
Previous  1  2  3

mommy3b2c

Post Mon, Nov 05 2018, 11:27 am
InnerMe wrote:
I love your sense of humor. Were you always this funny?
Does your business take up a lot of your energy and time? What made you jump into it and how did you go about actually starting it?
What would you tell someone who wants to start a business?
Is you dh involved in the clothing business?
Do you feel like hashkafically you are raising your children like your parents raised you?

I'm in question mode today. Feel free not to answer.

Thank you! And yes, I was always quite funny. I am very sharp and quick and have a rather dry humor. And I don’t take myself or pretty much anything to seriously.

My business took up a lot of time, but now I have someone who does most of the work, so I don’t spend to much time. A lot of days it’s less then an hour. I just create the clothing designs and photo shoots.

I jumped into it with my husbands encouragement. He is involved in the financial aspect of the business.
I would tell someone who wants to start a business to think long and hard about it and come up with a solid business plan.
Hashkafically I am raising my children pretty similarly to how I was raised. My mom actually went more to the right in the past 10 years, but I wasn’t raised like that. My dad pretty much has the same hashkafa as I do.

mommy3b2c

Post Mon, Nov 05 2018, 12:01 pm
tryinghard wrote:
I don't think this was asked already, but if it was, I apologize: How old are you?

I am 32. I look much younger though. People tend to think I’m in my mid 20s.

Harried mama

Post Mon, Nov 05 2018, 12:29 pm
I'm pretty new here so don't know you well, but I read through some of your old posts to get some kind of clue on what to ask you.

I'm only asking since you wrote to ask you anything, as this may be a personal question that you don't want to answer. Feel free to skip it.

You mentioned in a post a while back that one of your children has some kind of difficult diagnosis. What was he diagnosed with?

Again, I hope this is not out of line and feel free not to answer this if it makes you uncomfortable.

mommy3b2c

Post Mon, Nov 05 2018, 12:32 pm
Harried mama wrote:
I'm pretty new here so don't know you well, but I read through some of your old posts to get some kind of clue on what to ask you.

I'm only asking since you wrote to ask you anything, as this may be a personal question that you don't want to answer. Feel free to skip it.

You mentioned in a post a while back that one of your children has some kind of difficult diagnosis. What was he diagnosed with?

Again, I hope this is not out of line and feel free not to answer this if it makes you uncomfortable.

It’s a very personal question. One that I would never answer. But no worries, I said ask me anything, I didn’t say I would answer everything.

Harried mama

Post Mon, Nov 05 2018, 1:45 pm
mommy3b2c wrote:
It’s a very personal question. One that I would never answer. But no worries, I said ask me anything, I didn’t say I would answer everything.

I hope you're mochel me for asking. I did not intend to be offensive.

mommy3b2c

Post Mon, Nov 05 2018, 1:48 pm
Harried mama wrote:
I hope you're mochel me for asking. I did not intend to be offensive.

No offense taken. I just don’t want to answer.

Iymnok

Post Mon, Nov 05 2018, 2:10 pm
How is he doing though? I was a bit concerned when you posted that he was the one who may have measles.

Seas

Post Mon, Nov 05 2018, 6:02 pm
How would you describe yourself hashkafically?

What's your mode of dress and hair covering?

Is it still 3b or has your family grown since you joined? If it has, have you considered updating your sn?

Seas

Post Tue, Nov 06 2018, 11:52 am
mommy3b2c wrote:

So why bring it up at all (more than once)? You're entitled to your privacy, but what's the point of constantly talking about "my secret"? You either keep that part of your life private, or if you want to be open about it, be open.

mommy3b2c

Post Tue, Nov 06 2018, 12:06 pm
Seas wrote:
How would you describe yourself hashkafically?

What's your mode of dress and hair covering?

Is it still 3b or has your family grown since you joined? If it has, have you considered updating your sn?

Hashkafically I kind of have my own ideas. I was raised “modern heimish.” Meaning we are Hungarian and do many of the chassidish minhagim such as mitzva tanz but the men wear no levush. The women cover their hair with shaitels, wore long sleeves from bas mitzvah, but no socks was fine.

I am a big believer in allowing people to ask questions and come up with answers on their own instead of shoving it down their throats. For example: don’t ban smart phones. Explain the harm in them and let people make a choice coming from a place of power and understanding. I think a large part of the issue with very right wing communities is that they equate things like wearing red nail polish with being Michalel shabbos which leaves kids feeling very confused and unable to differentiate between right and wrong.

I do believe that following actual Halacha is much more important then silly traditions. But I acknowledge that I have a long way to go as my tznius leaves a lot to be desired. (As well as some other aspects of my yiddishkeit) but I am a work in progress and keep on trying.

The way I Dress is usually with a short pencil skirt, leggings, a cute sweatshirt or tee shirt, and sneakers or uggs. I wear a long shaitel when I go out and a snood at home.

My family has not grown as of yet unfortunately, but I daven every day.

I used to be mommy2b2c but changed it when I had my third son.

rgr

Post Tue, Nov 06 2018, 12:09 pm
Seas wrote:
So why bring it up at all (more than once)? You're entitled to your privacy, but what's the point of constantly talking about "my secret"? You either keep that part of your life private, or if you want to be open about it, be open.

Someone else brought it up.
You were the first to bring it up, a while back,
IIRC

mommy3b2c

Post Tue, Nov 06 2018, 12:10 pm
Seas wrote:

The reason why I brought it up was because I was (still am) in a lot of pain and being a more open person I felt the need to share my pain. I felt like this was a safe place to do it because I didn’t really know anyone irl at the time. I didn’t (and still dont) share it with anyone irl for a number of reasons. One of them being, if I told them there’s something wrong, they would insist on knowing what it was. Once I started getting to actually know people on here, I regretted my decision to share so I just stopped talking about it and haven’t done so in a while. Unfortunately, there is no way to take back my words.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics