Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Very interesting quiz on Aspergers for you to take
Previous  1  2  3  4  5

How did you go in the quiz?
I did the quiz and definitely do not have Asperger Syndrome  
 92%  [ 140 ]
I did the quiz and have some signs of Asperger Syndrome OR I already have an ASD diagnosis  
 7%  [ 12 ]
Total Votes : 152

FranticFrummie

Post Wed, Nov 07 2018, 10:29 am
Pewter, I loved you post! I really hate that Aspie and HFA got lumped together, too. They are such different things. Have you read "Aspiegirls"? Great book on how Asperger's presents in girls and women, and takes into account social conditioning.

Kudos to you and your mom for all the hard work you've done. Do you ever find it really exhausting to pretend to be normal all day? How do you relax and just be yourself at the end of the day?

One more question, do you understand humor? My exDH is an Aspie, and when I'd try to tell him a joke, he'd argue with me that my initial assumption was wrong, and that logically it had to be another way. He was never amused by anything.

amother
Pewter

Post Wed, Nov 07 2018, 10:59 am
FranticFrummie wrote:
Pewter, I loved you post! I really hate that Aspie and HFA got lumped together, too. They are such different things. Have you read "Aspiegirls"? Great book on how Asperger's presents in girls and women, and takes into account social conditioning.

Kudos to you and your mom for all the hard work you've done. Do you ever find it really exhausting to pretend to be normal all day? How do you relax and just be yourself at the end of the day?

One more question, do you understand humor? My exDH is an Aspie, and when I'd try to tell him a joke, he'd argue with me that my initial assumption was wrong, and that logically it had to be another way. He was never amused by anything.

Never read that book. Going to now!

My work is very suited to me. I work for myself, by myself do I can just get in my "zone" and be insanely productive (trying not to give too many details here lol) suffice it to say it energizes me so I am able to deal with people when I need to. If I had to be "on" all day I don't think I could handle it. I also work with my hands which is very therapeutic for me. It did take me time to figure out that this is how I needed to structure my life to be happy and functional. Getting my diagnosis really helped me learn to "know myself " in that way.

My husband AND my kids all have a lot of fun telling me jokes. It takes me time to get them and meanwhile they're all rolling. I let them have their fun LOL I do eventually get it though not instinctively (my kids just think mommy doesn't get jokes easily, doesn't stop them from telling them) I tell jokes too, I LOVE puns. Though other people don't always get them, and then I have my fun Wink

ETA: I don't even think my Mother realized what she was doing. She taught me "manners " as she did all my siblings. (Old school I know lol) For me it was amazing because I NEVER would have gotten certain things instinctively.

amother
Plum

Post Wed, Nov 07 2018, 12:20 pm
I scored the popular lucky number;

"21".

Applause

onlyone

Post Wed, Nov 07 2018, 2:27 pm
I scored 39. I am a major introvert, and have a diagnosis of NVLD and ADHD. I have often wondered if I really have Asperger's. My brother has Asperger's, and so does my 8 year old daughter.

amother
Lilac

Post Wed, Nov 07 2018, 2:47 pm
onlyone wrote:
I scored 39. I am a major introvert, and have a diagnosis of NVLD and ADHD. I have often wondered if I really have Asperger's. My brother has Asperger's, and so does my 8 year old daughter.

Nice to see a fellow NVLDer! Your dual diagnosis is not impossible. I have a friend who's husband is ADD, and I helped her figure out that he probably also has NVLD instead of the dispraxia they thought he had.

Either way it's hard because unlike for Asperger's we have no support.

amother
Aqua

Post Wed, Nov 07 2018, 3:17 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:

My son is on the spectrum and he loves jokes and laughs uproariously at them. Often he'll be reading a book and chuckling.

I think your xdh just didn't have a sense of humour. Not everyone does.

amother
Gray

Post Wed, Nov 07 2018, 3:24 pm
amother wrote:
My son is on the spectrum and he loves jokes and laughs uproariously at them. Often he'll be reading a book and chuckling.

I think your xdh just didn't have a sense of humour. Not everyone does.

Mine does too.
And he's very witty himself.
Page 5 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5 Recent Topics