Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Nobo resteraunt Teaneck

amother
Black

Post Tue, Nov 06 2018, 10:02 pm
We'd like to try some new resteraunts. Does it pay the drive from Monsey to Teaneck? Is the food at Nobo good??

Mom23gs

Post Tue, Nov 06 2018, 10:23 pm
Its good. ETC (across the street) is better,but more $$.

ttbtbm

Post Tue, Nov 06 2018, 10:37 pm
We tried Nobo once. I iced every minute. I thought the food was delish! DH not as much but he likes very simple food so it wasn’t his speed. I’d love to go back!

Last edited by ttbtbm on Wed, Nov 07 2018, 7:52 am; edited 2 times in total

mommyhood

Post Tue, Nov 06 2018, 10:40 pm
Etc and Nobo are both yum! Dh prefers Etc I can’t choose.

amother
Black

Post Tue, Nov 06 2018, 10:59 pm
I heard ETC has horrible service & the portions are tiny.

amother
Cerise

Post Wed, Nov 07 2018, 5:15 pm
I personally like nobo more than ect. Yes it is worth the drive, the food is good and the atmosphere is very soft and romantic IMO

amother
Floralwhite

Post Wed, Nov 07 2018, 5:23 pm
Both Nobo and Etc are almost always excellent, and definitely worth the drive from Monsey.

While both are "steakhouses," their menus are very different. Nobo's forte is local and seasonal food, exquisitely prepared. Etc's menu tends to be a bit more eclectic; try the tasting menu, if you dare.

Eg, at Etc., you can order chili and chocolate short ribs. They're amazing, BTW. At Nobo, you get boneless braised bbq short ribs. Also great. But different.

amother
Black

Post Wed, Nov 07 2018, 5:26 pm
Thanx!
How much in advance do we need to make reservations?

amother
Vermilion

Post Wed, Nov 07 2018, 5:27 pm
Nobo is too pricey. This food is good not great.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Wed, Nov 07 2018, 5:36 pm
amother wrote:
Nobo is too pricey. This food is good not great.

I respectfully disagree.

I put it on level with Mike's Bistro or Abigaels. Head and shoulders above anything in Monsey. (I know I'm pretty much alone on this, but I don't like Fireside at all.)

It is the only kosher restaurant that my non-kosher parents have ever praised.

As to price ... that's what a fine restaurant costs.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Wed, Nov 07 2018, 5:37 pm
amother wrote:
Thanx!
How much in advance do we need to make reservations?

On weekdays other than Thursday, probably same day. Otherwise, a few days in advance is usually fine.

thunderstorm

Post Wed, Nov 07 2018, 5:40 pm
I've never been to Nobo but have been to ETC at least four times. I always liked ETC. Wednesday is the busiest restaurant day in Teaneck. Even with reservations you can end up waiting at any of these places on a Wednesday. Unfortunately I learned my lesson the hard way .

amother
Black

Post Wed, Nov 07 2018, 6:19 pm
I'm thinking of going on Thanksgiving. Does is pay or the wait for a table & service will be long?

amother
Vermilion

Post Wed, Nov 07 2018, 6:22 pm
amother wrote:
I respectfully disagree.

I put it on level with Mike's Bistro or Abigaels. Head and shoulders above anything in Monsey. (I know I'm pretty much alone on this, but I don't like Fireside at all.)

It is the only kosher restaurant that my non-kosher parents have ever praised.

As to price ... that's what a fine restaurant costs.

Le Marais is a much better value and much better food. There are full tables of g○yim eating at Le Marais often. They aren't there because someone in the party is kosher.

We went there with 4 adults and 2 small kids, and the bill was over $600. I think that is not a good value. No one had more than 2 drinks.

I liked it much better as the pasta factory.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Wed, Nov 07 2018, 6:32 pm
amother wrote:
Le Marais is a much better value and much better food. There are full tables of g○yim eating at Le Marais often. They aren't there because someone in the party is kosher.

We went there with 4 adults and 2 small kids, and the bill was over $600. I think that is not a good value. No one had more than 2 drinks.

I liked it much better as the pasta factory.

People go to Le Marais because its in the theater district. Although as many times as I've been there (and I work a couple of blocks away, so that's a lot), I've never seen non-Jews without Jewish friends.

The tables are close together. Its loud. The service is not the service that one expects from fine dining.

The food is good. Its fine. But its not great. The dishes aren't unusual or inspired.

Certainly if you don't want to pay for fine dining, Le Marais and Talias are both great bargains. We enjoy them. But the OP didn't ask about them, and didn't asking about mid-range restaurants that offer great value for decent food.

Post Wed, Nov 07 2018, 6:35 pm
amother wrote:
I heard ETC has horrible service & the portions are tiny.

I was just there last week. The service was amazing. As for portion sizes, we usually do their tasting menu so I can’t comment other than to say, they didn’t look small.

thunderstorm

Post Wed, Nov 07 2018, 6:39 pm
1091 wrote:
I was just there last week. The service was amazing. As for portion sizes, we usually do their tasting menu so I can’t comment other than to say, they didn’t look small.

The one time we had to wait a long time for our food , they let us know that the desserts were "on the house"... that was $20 they gave us off our bill. We didn't complain about the long wait. This was offered to us as an apology and I think that's fine service.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics