Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
How long for MMR to work?

shepherdess

Post Sun, Nov 04 2018, 10:54 pm
I rushed to vaccinate my daughter today bec. of the outbreak and also because her Morah would not take her without it.
Now she is telling me that Dr. Shanik says it could take up to 21 days to create immunity. Google says 10 -14 days. anyone have any info? she needs to go to playgroup and I don't
know if I'll be able to reach her doctor's office which is a madhouse at this point!

Thanks.

amother
Smokey

Post Sun, Nov 04 2018, 11:07 pm
I heard around 2 weeks, each body is different , it's an estimate.

amother
Ivory

Post Sun, Nov 04 2018, 11:30 pm
As a playgroup morah myself you have to understand if she's comfortable with 21 days it doesn't matter what Google says. I don't know how old your child is and I don't know what made you choose to wait to vaccinate but you have to respect the teachers wishes at this point even if it's different from your pediatrician. If it's a baby group and your baby just turned 1 then you might be different because your in a funny age bracket but still have to understand where the morah is coming from especially if it's going around the area where you live

amother
Bronze

Post Sun, Nov 04 2018, 11:39 pm
shepherdess wrote:
I rushed to vaccinate my daughter today bec. of the outbreak and also because her Morah would not take her without it.
Now she is telling me that Dr. Shanik says it could take up to 21 days to create immunity. Google says 10 -14 days. anyone have any info? she needs to go to playgroup and I don't
know if I'll be able to reach her doctor's office which is a madhouse at this point!

Thanks.

May I ask... why did you wait so long?

Monsey is having a 21 days quarantine period... which started on Friday.

shepherdess

Post Sun, Nov 04 2018, 11:41 pm
I totally understand where she is coming from. Of course she'd prefer to err on the side of caution when it comes to safety - she is especially nervous because the playgroup is in her own apartment and she has her own baby who is "underage" and was not yet immunized. But you also have to understand where I am coming from. Missing work for 3 weeks? Not really an option, and I don't have the $$ to hire someone privately. If she accepted my child without asking for immunization records it's not so simple to put me out on the street now. My baby is 16 months and just ran late on her well visit. It's not like we chose not to immunize... I made myself crazy today - waited outside a tent for 2.5 hours and BH she got one of the last shots before they ran out. I thought we were good but now it looks like we might not be.

shepherdess

Post Sun, Nov 04 2018, 11:43 pm
I only heard about the issue on Friday and nobody would answer the phones at the doctors office so that is why I waited "so long". I took her sunday morning - the earliest chance I could - despite the fact that I could not reach any of the offices here in Lakewood.

oneofakind

Post Wed, Nov 07 2018, 5:54 pm
check what the board of health says on lakewood scoop. nobody has to sit home after taking the shot. if it's good enough for them, it should be good enough for everybody.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics