Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
AMAs you would like to see
1  2  3  Next

doodlesmom

Post Wed, Nov 07 2018, 5:58 pm
With all the ask me anything threads- I thought it would make sense to start a tread of AMAs you would like to hear from- maybe someone will listen!!

I for one would like to hear from an I am blind AMA thread. ( to help me understand a relative)

MrsDash

Post Wed, Nov 07 2018, 6:06 pm
This is the first AMA thread I’ve opened after seeing the endless barrage of these type of threads. Love this idea! Thumbs Up

daagahminayin

Post Wed, Nov 07 2018, 6:13 pm
“I am Yael, AMA”

keym

Post Wed, Nov 07 2018, 6:21 pm
daagahminayin wrote:
“I am Yael, AMA”

Ooh yeah.

I would love AMA for more exotic jobs. I remember a few months ago, there was a thread about what people do, and there were some fascinating jobs. Parole officer? Quantum physicist? Research scientist? Some that I remembered off the top of my head.

I would love an AMA from someone who switched derachim but that might be too hard to stay emotionally safe.

InnerMe

Post Wed, Nov 07 2018, 6:28 pm
An AMA by Imasoftov

PractclyPerfect

Post Wed, Nov 07 2018, 6:47 pm
doodlesmom wrote:
With all the ask me anything threads- I thought it would make sense to start a tread of AMAs you would like to hear from- maybe someone will listen!!

I for one would like to hear from an I am blind AMA thread. ( to help me understand a relative)

It would be interesting to read, but I doubt a blind person can be on imamother. But I don't know all the technology out so I might be totally wrong.

thunderstorm

Post Wed, Nov 07 2018, 6:54 pm
deg wrote:
It would be interesting to read, but I doubt a blind person can be on imamother. But I don't know all the technology out so I might be totally wrong.
why not. Their computers "read aloud" to them.

Last edited by thunderstorm on Wed, Nov 07 2018, 7:09 pm; edited 1 time in total

gamanit

Post Wed, Nov 07 2018, 6:59 pm
thunderstorm wrote:
why not. Their computers "read allowed" to them.

I think you mean "aloud"

thunderstorm

Post Wed, Nov 07 2018, 7:00 pm
I work in the White House , AMA
I volunteer in a soup kitchen, AMA
I work for the Mossad, CIA, KGB...AMA
I met a Gadol Hador in person, AMA
I am a hoarder, AMA

thunderstorm

Post Wed, Nov 07 2018, 7:02 pm
gamanit wrote:
I think you mean "aloud"

Lol. That's what I mean. Dang, I do that all the time lately.

naturalmom5

Post Wed, Nov 07 2018, 7:04 pm
I am sorry this isn't as glamorous or exotic, but last year I had bariatric surgery and lost over 120 lbs so far.

I would be happy to answer questions if anyone is considering this operation

trixx

Post Wed, Nov 07 2018, 7:04 pm
thunderstorm wrote:
I am a hoarder, AMA

Ha I can volunteer for this one (but not crazy like the TV show)

SuperWify

Post Wed, Nov 07 2018, 7:07 pm
naturalmom5 wrote:
I am sorry this isn't as glamorous or exotic, but last year I had bariatric surgery and lost over 120 lbs so far.

Wow!! That’s very glamourous! Tell me more.

naturalmom5

Post Wed, Nov 07 2018, 7:13 pm
What would you like to know. Basically when I got married I was a size 12, over the years I blossomed to a size 28..

The past 5 years I was in excruciating pain and couldn't walk. My doctors finally insisted I have the surgery done.

thunderstorm

Post Wed, Nov 07 2018, 7:14 pm
naturalmom5 wrote:

What type of surgery did you have? My SIL had the band and she is still very obese but lost about 100 lbs after doing it. However , she never eats and could only eat liquids or it gets "stuck" and she throws up. Even being that restricted she still hasn't dropped another 75 lbs or even 100. She weighs over 300 lbs. I feel terrible watching her starve herself literally and she doesn't lose.
Do you get to eat normally at all?

leah233

Post Wed, Nov 07 2018, 7:15 pm
thunderstorm wrote:
I am a hoarder, AMA

I met both Rav Moshe Feinstein and Rav Yaakov Kamentsky but I don't think you mean my type of meeting.

I said little more than Good Shabbos to them while my father did the rest of the talking.

but you can AMA

happyone

Post Wed, Nov 07 2018, 7:15 pm
I can control myself from chocolate AMA.

Anyone?

thunderstorm

Post Wed, Nov 07 2018, 7:18 pm
leah233 wrote:
I met both Rav Moshe Feinstein and Rav Yaakov Kamentsky but I don't think you mean my type of meeting.

I said little more than Good Shabbos to them while my father did the rest of the talking.

but you can AMA

How old were you? I know someone who has a photo of Rav Moshe leaning over and giving their daughter a Bracha and I think he even had his hand on her, but she was very little like age four.
Was it a planned meeting. Or were you at a simcha or something ?

naturalmom5

Post Wed, Nov 07 2018, 7:24 pm
TS... They don't recommend the band anymore, most Drs don't do it.

I had a procedure where they physically cut your stomach. I only have 20% of my stomach left.

The first 6 weeks you are on liquids, then there are 4 stages. A years after , in theory you can eat every but, since I am full and feel bloated and nauseous after eating what a toddler eats you need to prioritize.

Protein 60 grams a day (its hard trying to hold down shakes) fruit and vegetables, then if there is room some starch

Basically, its a trade-off, do you like to eat, actually I was always very passionate about food.

I miss steaks and ice cream sundaes and pizza..

Or would you prefer to walk and breath...

Cookie Monster

Post Wed, Nov 07 2018, 7:25 pm
happyone wrote:
I can control myself from chocolate AMA.

Anyone?

A thread like this would take bragging to the next level.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics