Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
I am a romance writer...AMA
1  2  3  Next

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Wed, Nov 07 2018, 8:47 pm
I don't know if this is even AMA worthy but I decided to jump on the bandwagon Very Happy I sell my books on Amazon and write under a pseudonym (for obvious reasons). So go for it Smile

sequoia

Post Wed, Nov 07 2018, 8:49 pm
How do you maintain the easy, light style your readers want without going off into philosophical debris?

Fox

Post Wed, Nov 07 2018, 8:50 pm
How did you learn the technical aspects of converting your writing into the correct format; getting cover illustrations; getting reviews . . . it always seemed a bit daunting to me.

amother
Orange

Post Wed, Nov 07 2018, 8:52 pm
Well... the obvious question - if you are a romance writer how do you write sx scenes? Or you don't?

amother
Turquoise

Post Wed, Nov 07 2018, 8:57 pm
How much do you make?

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Wed, Nov 07 2018, 9:02 pm
sequoia wrote:
How do you maintain the easy, light style your readers want without going off into philosophical debris?

I read a lot of what's out there by the more popular authors and just know my audience. They aren't reading books like mine or others like mine for anything philosophical. I also only write for fun and have no desire to get into anything deeper, honestly.

amother
Orange

Post Wed, Nov 07 2018, 9:09 pm
Are you Libi Astaire?

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Wed, Nov 07 2018, 9:09 pm
Fox wrote:
How did you learn the technical aspects of converting your writing into the correct format; getting cover illustrations; getting reviews . . . it always seemed a bit daunting to me.

Facebook groups! I met the woman who does my covers on a Facebook group Smile Also, Youtube! Amazon has a self-publishing service website that helps from Point A to Z. These days, with an Internet connection, it's super easy Smile I also read a lot of interviews of authors because they almost always get asked: "What advice would you give an aspiring writer?" or something along those lines, and the author does give good advice,

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Wed, Nov 07 2018, 9:16 pm
amother wrote:
Well... the obvious question - if you are a romance writer how do you write sx scenes? Or you don't?

I do write them. I should add that I did not grow up frum, so I was exposed to a lot. I was reading Harlequin romances at 14/15. I didn't grow up with the same views on s*x as my ffb friends, and it's really hard for me now to reconcile these two sides of me.

amother
Orange

Post Wed, Nov 07 2018, 9:18 pm
amother wrote:
I do write them. I should add that I did not grow up frum, so I was exposed to a lot. I was reading Harlequin romances at 14/15. I didn't grow up with the same views on s*x as my ffb friends, and it's really hard for me now to reconcile these two sides of me.

Ok, can you please please tell us the name you publish under??? Pretty please with a cherry on the top?

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Wed, Nov 07 2018, 9:19 pm
amother wrote:
How much do you make?

Not enough to quit my day job but it's a nice cushion for some extras. I can eat out for lunch a couple days a week instead of bringing my own LOL

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Wed, Nov 07 2018, 9:21 pm
amother wrote:
Are you Libi Astaire?

No. She writes romance?

amother
Orange

Post Wed, Nov 07 2018, 9:22 pm
amother wrote:
No. She writes romance?

Jewish regency.

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Wed, Nov 07 2018, 9:41 pm
amother wrote:
Ok, can you please please tell us the name you publish under??? Pretty please with a cherry on the top?

Sorry, no can do. Even though I'm anon here and write under a pseudonym, I'd still like it to remain private.

I can recommend you authors though Smile

amother
Orange

Post Wed, Nov 07 2018, 9:52 pm
Delete

amother
Pewter

Post Sun, Nov 11 2018, 1:34 am
How do you promote your books?

How do you pay someone to do your covers while maintaining your anonymity?

amother
Red

Post Sun, Nov 11 2018, 8:34 am
Yes, please recommend authors!

amother
Floralwhite

Post Sun, Mar 01 2020, 2:24 pm
amother [ Dodgerblue ] wrote:
Sorry, no can do. Even though I'm anon here and write under a pseudonym, I'd still like it to remain private.

I can recommend you authors though Smile

Bumping this up.
Dodgerblue or anyone else - Any author recommendations? Not looking for the typical Sandra Brown, Nora Roberts etc. Do you know of authors similar to ShoshaPearl?

amother
Lime

Post Sun, Mar 01 2020, 2:28 pm
amother [ Orange ] wrote:
Jewish regency.

I once read a P & P spin off that was obviously (to me, anyway) written by a frum woman (figured it out by reading her bio, and remembered I had read short essays by the same author in various publications). It really was no different than reading Christian romance type books.
Won't name the author in case it's the same person.

PeanutMama

Post Sun, Mar 01 2020, 2:32 pm
. I looove romance novels.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics