Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Medical billing

oneofakind

Post Thu, Nov 08 2018, 7:40 am
I'm looking at medical billing as a side job. Is it hard or expensive to learn? Can I do it from my house? How much does it pay?

amother
Powderblue

Post Thu, Nov 08 2018, 9:19 am
You want to do it for a company or on your own? it's not hard to learn - the more you practice the better you are but it's not initially difficult - just lots of details to remember. if you are the organized type that's very helpful. I would assume the pay depends on where you are located/working for yourself vs. for a company.....

oneofakind

Post Thu, Nov 08 2018, 9:58 am
I am organized and good at details. I want someone else to drum up business but don't want to deal with an office setting. Is that even possible? Where would I learn how to do it?

amother
Powderblue

Post Thu, Nov 08 2018, 10:21 am
I know of at least one person who does it from home. Would it interest you to work in a setting like that? perhaps such a person may even be willing to let you work for her from your own home. (obviously I don't know for sure:))

oneofakind

Post Thu, Nov 08 2018, 10:29 am
Sounds lovely.

amother
Bisque

Post Thu, Nov 08 2018, 10:30 am
I work for a company and often work from home. As a matter of fact, for the first couple years I worked exclusively from home as I lived in a different country. Obviously it depends who you are working for, but it can be done

Chayalle

Post Thu, Nov 08 2018, 10:31 am
DD does medical billing (for a local company). She says it's not hard but you have to be detailed and accurate. Accuracy is a big deal, if you are not the type to be exact, you will bill incorrectly and have to redo, which is a big deal sometimes....

If you would work for a company, there could be times where they would allow you to work from home, once you are good at it.

oneofakind

Post Thu, Nov 08 2018, 10:42 am
Can anyone list names of companies where I could train and apply for work?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics