Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
AMAs you would like to see
Previous  1  2  3  Next

leah233

Post Wed, Nov 07 2018, 7:34 pm
thunderstorm wrote:
How old were you? I know someone who has a photo of Rav Moshe leaning over and giving their daughter a Bracha and I think he even had his hand on her, but she was very little like age four.
Was it a planned meeting. Or were you at a simcha or something ?

I was about ten by both.

I met Rav Moshe when I went to my grandparents in the Lower East Side for Shabbos. Shabbos morning we would daven in his apartment.

I met Rav Yaakov when I was taken to his house in Monsey. I don't remember details but it must have been planned. We didn't do anything else in Monsey that day

flowerpower

Post Wed, Nov 07 2018, 7:39 pm
happyone wrote:
I can control myself from chocolate AMA.

Anyone?

Me! I’m not a chocoholic. I am a carboholic though.

naomi2

Post Wed, Nov 07 2018, 7:47 pm
I would like to see an AMA about a Giyores. Though I wouldn't ask anything because it's really not allowed.
Also, I would like to see an AMA about someone who is adopted or has an interesting job.

thunderstorm

Post Wed, Nov 07 2018, 7:51 pm
naomi2 wrote:
I would like to see an AMA about a Giyores. Though I wouldn't ask anything because it's really not allowed.
Also, I would like to see an AMA about someone who is adopted or has an interesting job.

Their is an AMA by a giyores. Here is the link:
https://www.imamother.com/foru.....49441

honeymoon

Post Wed, Nov 07 2018, 8:39 pm
happyone wrote:

Anyone?

are you human?

FranticFrummie

Post Thu, Nov 08 2018, 9:52 am
Quote:

New post Today at 3:39 am
happyone wrote:

Anyone?

are you human?

Some people prefer sour candies, and just don't have a taste for chocolate. DD is like that. As I got older, I found that I could have chocolate in the house, and it didn't need to be eaten immediately, especially if I had a plan for it, like making truffles.

Now, turn me loose on some salty carbs, and all bets are off!

etky

Post Thu, Nov 08 2018, 10:34 am
honeymoon wrote:
are you human?

I like chocolate well enough but it doesn't "call me" like some other foods do.
Baked goods are more of a stumbling block for me.
So are roasted nuts. Once I start on them I have a very hard time stopping.

ladYdI

Post Thu, Nov 08 2018, 10:43 am
naturalmom5 wrote:
I am sorry this isn't as glamorous or exotic, but last year I had bariatric surgery and lost over 120 lbs so far.

I would be happy to answer questions if anyone is considering this operation

What procedure did you have done?
I just had my 10 year lap band anniversary! aMa

chatz

Post Thu, Nov 08 2018, 3:18 pm
I would love to see an AMA from someone who successfully works from home with sick kids, especially active toddlers

Mevater

Post Thu, Nov 08 2018, 3:23 pm
Id love to see an AMA (or any other) thread offering how-to advice on:

I became a wildly successful financial success in my 50s or 60s, with an idea many others can follow.

(edited)

Last edited by Mevater on Sat, Nov 10 2018, 9:42 pm; edited 1 time in total

zaq

Post Thu, Nov 08 2018, 3:32 pm
TTYTT I’ve had it up to here with AMA threads and right now the only AMA that is of any interest is the American Medical Association.

rgr

Post Thu, Nov 08 2018, 4:07 pm
zaq wrote:
TTYTT I’ve had it up to here with AMA threads and right now the only AMA that is of any interest is the American Medical Association.

You mean you're not enjoying the threads about not vaccinating AMA (against medical advice)?

Sunny Days

Post Thu, Nov 08 2018, 4:18 pm
chatz wrote:
I would love to see an AMA from someone who successfully works from home with sick kids, especially active toddlers

What would you like to know? Its (nearly) impossible. unless they're napping Smile

sky

Post Thu, Nov 08 2018, 5:06 pm
chatz wrote:

That’s Me.
I definetly work when my kids are home sick. I park them on the couch with pillow and blanket. Books or toys depending on age. Water bottle. A throw up bucket if necessary. Sometimes I’ll pick up sticker books or color by number.

Active toddlers are harder. The longest I kept anyone home full time was until 18 months. At that age it got hard

Now I’m working with an approx 3 month home with me all day and 2 1/2 yr old home for about 2 of my working hours.

I work 2 hours on Friday with a full house of children b’H. School Vacation days are also hard. I typically have a collection of simple crafts or new games to get through the day.

I think it’s possible because that’s all my kids know it’s much more doable the starting cold turkey when they are older.

(I work about 7 hours a day and 5 hours on Friday)

Sunny Days

Post Thu, Nov 08 2018, 5:12 pm
sky wrote:
That’s Me.
I definetly work when my kids are home sick. I park them on the couch with pillow and blanket. Books or toys depending on age. Water bottle. A throw up bucket if necessary. Sometimes I’ll pick up sticker books or color by number.

Active toddlers are harder. The longest I kept anyone home full time was until 18 months. At that age it got hard

Now I’m working with an approx 3 month home with me all day and 2 1/2 yr old home for about 2 of my working hours.

I work 2 hours on Friday with a full house of children b’H.

I think it’s possible because that’s all my kids know it’s much more doable the starting cold turkey when they are older.

(I work about 7 hours a day and 5 hours on Friday)

Is your work mostly computer related or do you need to speak with clients? I find the latter impossible with kids around & sounding unprofessional....
so I'm fine working with a nursing baby or sleeping toddler.

Redbird

Post Thu, Nov 08 2018, 5:16 pm
I can cook quick cheap healthy suppers that my kids actually eat. AMA LOL LOL LOL

Goldie613

Post Thu, Nov 08 2018, 6:10 pm
How about an ask the Shadchan one?

sky

Post Thu, Nov 08 2018, 6:24 pm
gamzehyaavor wrote:
Is your work mostly computer related or do you need to speak with clients? I find the latter impossible with kids around & sounding unprofessional....
so I'm fine working with a nursing baby or sleeping toddler.

Mainly computer and taking to coworkers. Very little customer interaction. I do have lots of meetings and my finger is pretty quick on the mute button.

Yeah it would be impossible to do sales or customer support full time.

Mevater

Post Thu, Nov 08 2018, 8:00 pm
Mevater wrote:
I became a wildly successful financial success in my 50s or 60s with an idea many others can follow.

Being that my AMA idea got liked, and AMA threads have now been officially banned for a year, theres got to be another way to phrase a thread on this topic, should anyone want to share their successes and help others.

Im sure there are Imamothers here who have come close to this sitch.

Emotional

Post Thu, Nov 08 2018, 8:11 pm
Mevater wrote:
Being that my AMA idea got liked, and AMA threads have now been officially banned for a year, theres got to be another way to phrase a thread on this topic, should anyone want to share their successes and help others.

Im sure there are Imamothers here who have come close to this sitch.

Are you gonna elaborate, or is this gonna be "PM me for more info?" Cuz right now I'm guessing that you're selling Mary Kay or Optavia or Herbalife or Melaleuca, etc etc etc...
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics