Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Healthier Cookie Recipe?

cat3

Post Thu, Nov 08 2018, 1:58 am
I'm on weight watchers. Looking for a dessert recipe for shabbos. I'm thinking that one cookie after a meal should work well, since serving size is easily identifiable (but I'm also open to other ideas). Any suggestions?

etky

Post Thu, Nov 08 2018, 2:58 am
I wouldn't describe them as low calorie but I make the oatmeal cc cookie recipe from Busy in Brooklyn. They are oil based. I once calculated them as having 130 calories each (based on 4 dozen cookies for the batch)but if you don't add the chocolate chips they should have even fewer. It's a great and easy recipe.
http://www.busyinbrooklyn.com/.....cipe/

sky

Post Thu, Nov 08 2018, 6:13 am
Are you looking for healthy or low calorie?

The biscotti in the Bais yaakov cook book without nuts is like 100 calories.

Quinoa based cookies

Fruit cobblers - pears or apples with cranberries and an oatmeal based topping

Sugar free jello (that’s my go to Shabbos diet dessert)

Cut fruit

Light popcorn

Baked apples - I once tasted a ww recipe where apples were baked in Diet Coke - they were really good.

cat3

Post Thu, Nov 08 2018, 2:46 pm
I'm looking for relatively low calorie cake/cookie/pie type of dessert.

Thanks for the responses so far. I'll calculate WW points on those cookies, and will google recipes for quinoa cookies. Baked apples are my go to dessert, but looking for something that's more of a treat.

More suggestions would be great!

etky

Post Thu, Nov 08 2018, 3:07 pm
Not a recipe but rather an idea: when I was on WW I would eat a Nature Valley granola bar for dessert - the crunchy type that are parve. It was kind of like having a cookie but for fewer points and it was always ready when I wanted it Smile

mha3484

Post Thu, Nov 08 2018, 3:10 pm
My friends WW leader told her that if you are craving sweets to take out a measuring cup and measure one portion of coco puffs. Either with milk or without but its not as caloric as you would think!

sky

Post Thu, Nov 08 2018, 6:30 pm
I’ve made these quinoa cookies.
https://www.imamother.com/foru.....00101

Or what about muffins. Shani taub blueberry muffin recipe is like 100 calories each.

amother
Bronze

Post Thu, Nov 08 2018, 7:28 pm
sky wrote:
I’ve made these quinoa cookies.
https://www.imamother.com/foru.....00101

Or what about muffins. Shani taub blueberry muffin recipe is like 100 calories each.

These look interesting but is there any way to make them without sugar? Honey would be ok. I don't want to experiment.
I allow myself cchips but that's it for the white stuff.

amother
White

Post Tue, Nov 13 2018, 11:32 am
I’m on weight watchers and if I have no points left I’ll make baked apples. I sprinkle Splenda and cinnamon and baked covered.
If you live near a kosher grocery, sterns has pre packaged danishes sold in a large box. The chocolate danish and the confetti brownie are 6 points each.
Mehadrin Greek yogurt cheese snack is 5 points- it tastes like cheesecake.

PinkFridge

Post Tue, Nov 13 2018, 11:37 am
amother wrote:
I’m on weight watchers and if I have no points left I’ll make baked apples. I sprinkle Splenda and cinnamon and baked covered.
If you live near a kosher grocery, sterns has pre packaged danishes sold in a large box. The chocolate danish and the confetti brownie are 6 points each.
Mehadrin Greek yogurt cheese snack is 5 points- it tastes like cheesecake.

Try the apples with just cinnamon.
Would raisins throw the count off?

amother
Burgundy

Post Tue, Nov 13 2018, 11:47 am
I'm doing Weight Watchers with my sister and she found this muffin recipe. If you make them with oil they're 7 points (depending on how many you get and how many bananas you use), but I sub applesauce and it doesn't make much of a difference in flavor, for 4 points or less depending on size.

1/3 c. oil/applesauce
4 ripe bananas
1/4 c. brown sugar
1 egg
Mix until creamy, then add:
1 Tbsp coffee dissolved in 1.5 Tbsp hot water
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp baking soda
1.5 c whole wheat flour
3/4 c. - 1 c. chocolate chips (can also be reduced to cut down on points)

Mix and bake at 350 for 16-20 minutes.

The oatmeal-raisin cookies on the Quaker Oats container are also 4 points apiece.

amother
White

Post Tue, Nov 13 2018, 11:59 am
amother wrote:
I'm doing Weight Watchers with my sister and she found this muffin recipe. If you make them with oil they're 7 points (depending on how many you get and how many bananas you use), but I sub applesauce and it doesn't make much of a difference in flavor, for 4 points or less depending on size.

1/3 c. oil/applesauce
4 ripe bananas
1/4 c. brown sugar
1 egg
Mix until creamy, then add:
1 Tbsp coffee dissolved in 1.5 Tbsp hot water
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp baking soda
1.5 c whole wheat flour
3/4 c. - 1 c. chocolate chips (can also be reduced to cut down on points)

Mix and bake at 350 for 16-20 minutes.

The oatmeal-raisin cookies on the Quaker Oats container are also 4 points apiece.

Not op/ but I’m always looking for muffin/ cookie WW’s recipes. How many muffins do you get from this recipe? Are they mini size? My carrot muffin recipe is 3 points but they are mini and 1 is not filling.

PinkFridge

Post Tue, Nov 13 2018, 12:01 pm
amother wrote:
Not op/ but I’m always looking for muffin/ cookie WW’s recipes. How many muffins do you get from this recipe? Are they mini size? My carrot muffin recipe is 3 points but they are mini and 1 is not filling.

Make mini muffins. See if you're satisfied with less.

amother
Burgundy

Post Tue, Nov 13 2018, 12:05 pm
amother wrote:

They're full-sized, I usually get 14-16 depending on the size of the bananas. I have them a few times a week with coffee for a snack. Super filling and yum!

amother
White

Post Tue, Nov 13 2018, 12:07 pm
amother wrote:
They're full-sized, I usually get 14-16 depending on the size of the bananas. I have them a few times a week with coffee for a snack. Super filling and yum!

Thank you!!

ra_mom

Post Tue, Nov 13 2018, 12:10 pm
https://www.imamother.com/foru.....67855

https://www.imamother.com/foru.....13477
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise