Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Camp Chaverim Overnight

amother
Salmon

Post Wed, Nov 07 2018, 11:48 am
This camp is coming to Cleveland for an open house. Just wondering what kind of boys go there, from which cities, schools etc.

Thanks!!

amother
Blush

Post Wed, Nov 07 2018, 3:08 pm
I live in Baltimore and Know a lot of hte poeple who work there. All of the directors, The head counselor and the learning director are very beloved rebbeim here and in silver spring.
there are a bunch of boys who go there who are my kids friends. all really nice boys! They are good frum boys , quite a mixture of types. a lot of my kids friends who go there are not super sporty. apparently the camp does a lot of stuff, not just sport. it sounds great!

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Thu, Nov 08 2018, 10:15 pm
My son went there. He really did have a relatively good time. There is more sports than we had anticipated but that's because all camps have to have some sports. But they had less than most other camps. They worked with my son and his quirks. I don't think he would have been happy just about anywhere else. The boys have a blast and the people running the camp are really incredible -- full of ruach, on top of things, sensitive and caring. Boys from Cleveland went there, you can PM me for the name of someone who I was in touch with (a rebbetzin in the community). It seemed to me to have a bunch of out of towners and the Baltimore boys for the most part were from what is considered the less yeshivish school because the other one is still in session at the time. You can reach out to me for more information.

amother
Latte

Post Mon, Oct 24 2022, 10:14 pm
Found this when looking for info on this camp as well. Also from out of town. What type of boys/hashkafas? Anyone know more recent info on it? My son’s pretty sheltered in terms of he doesn’t watch more than just little kid videos here and there and we’re strict on what he reads. But at the same time we’re not what you would call “yeshivish”
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics