Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers
Thumb-sucking 3 year old

amother
Vermilion

Post Thu, Nov 08 2018, 10:12 pm
My three year old still sucks her thumb and I'd really like for her to stop. Her mouth is already misshapen from it and the doctor said if she stops soon it could still go back to normal. The only advice I've gotten is to not push her too hard because it could backfire, but no advice on how to make it work.
Please help!

amother
Lemon

Post Thu, Nov 08 2018, 10:15 pm
Following my 4.5 year old won’t stop
I’m ready to bring on the bad tasting nail polish , I’ve had it ! Mad

amother
Vermilion

Post Thu, Nov 08 2018, 10:30 pm
I read about that, it's not just a bad taste right then it leaves a bad taste in the mouth for a long time after, I don't want her to be in a bad mood all the time

nchr

Post Thu, Nov 08 2018, 10:39 pm
Gloves.

sky

Post Thu, Nov 08 2018, 11:05 pm
My daughter stopped on her own when she was about 5, primary. She loved her thumb. She had so much will power. She’d really stop but then at night she’d start sucking from habit and fall off the wagon

We used the nail polish but she got used to it

putting something on her finger worked the best. Like a band aid or pony tail holder. Ultimately she stopped that way.

She also had a major reward promised but 3 is probably to young to do it for a reward. I don’t know how to get a 3 year old to stop always. They really love their thumb.

On the good side her speech is way better then any of my kids who had pacifiers.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers