Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
I buy ALOT of prepared food

onlyone

Post Thu, Nov 08 2018, 5:53 pm
And there is a reason why I do. AMA

amother
Scarlet

Post Thu, Nov 08 2018, 5:56 pm
What is a lot?

hodeez

Post Thu, Nov 08 2018, 6:00 pm
What's the reason?

amother
Beige

Post Thu, Nov 08 2018, 6:07 pm
Who cares?
BTW it’s A LOT, two words. Unless ALOT is netspeak for Any Lousy Old Type.

SuperWify

Good for you for doing what you got to do!

What’s the reason?

onlyone

Because I hate preparing alot of meals, or should I say cooking. And we do not not have any cleaning help because I don't work, so my husband says that since I don't work we can't afford it. But he doesn't mind that I buy prepared food. Buying prepared food helps me alot because I do everything around the house. I cook a bit too, but only a tiny bit.
I buy alot of healthy prepared food. Often organic, no preservatives added, lower sodium.
Prepared food is my thing!

onlyone

Post Thu, Nov 08 2018, 6:12 pm
You asked what's alot? Well I buy prepared food every week, generally several times. I buy soup, hummous, sometimes artificial crab ready made, quinoia, tabouli. I know how to make most of these things, and I sometimes make soup, but overall find it's too much work. And that since I hate cooking I deserve to buy alot of prepared food to supplement, and also because I do everything everything else in the house.

SuperWify

Post Thu, Nov 08 2018, 6:15 pm
onlyone wrote:
You asked what's alot? Well I buy prepared food every week, generally several times. I buy soup, hummous, sometimes artificial crab ready made, quinoia, tabouli. I know how to make most of these things, and I sometimes make soup, but overall find it's too much work. And that since I hate cooking I deserve to buy alot of prepared food to supplement, and also because I do everything everything else in the house.

Who makes chummus from scratch?

What about shabbos?

onlyone

Post Thu, Nov 08 2018, 6:19 pm
I used to sometimes make hummous from scratch. Its easy but I don't feel like it. Shabbos is also mostly prepared food, which is fine with all of us(my husband and kids)
I'm loving these AMA threads! And I'm loving this one because it's something I rarely talk about. Only a few people irl know. My mother, my best friend and another close friend. My mother buys alot of prepared food too.
Where we live Kosher prepared food is very easily accessible. We live in a city with a very large Jewish population.

zaq

Post Thu, Nov 08 2018, 9:09 pm
LADIES! It’s A LOT. Like a man named for Avraham’s nephew. NOT ALOT. There is no word ALOT in the English language, and if there is, it’s probably Native American or Hawaiian and doesn’t mean “a large quantity”.

There is a word ALLOT, which means to determine who gets how much. As in, the school will allot the appropriate number of books to each class. But when you mean mucho, mucto, harbeh, beaucoup, or a sach, it’s A LOT. Like a small parcel of land.

oliveoil

Post Thu, Nov 08 2018, 9:15 pm
You could probably get a lot more bang for your buck by paying for cleaning help and doing the cooking yourself. And often a cleaning person is happy to help with the food prep too. But if you hate cooking so much and you have the money, knock yourself out. I can't relate.

amother
Royalblue

Post Thu, Nov 08 2018, 9:19 pm
//Who makes chummus from scratch? //

I do Smile

Its really good! I use the recipe in the BY cookbook.
I recently started to peel the chickpeas (Smitten Kitchen website idea). Its even better!

But I like storebought too, so go for it OP!

onlyone

Post Thu, Nov 08 2018, 9:34 pm
My husband wont let Me get cleaning help.
He doesn't really mind me buying prepared food. And it's not all the time, just often.
I could be spending alot of money on prepared food, but I don't mind that.
If it's an extra, it's our only extra. We NEVER go on vacations

Raisin

Post Fri, Nov 09 2018, 2:44 am
Maybe you could make a budget one week where you buy prepared food, the next week where you make everything from scratch. See how much you save. If you are saving a lot, discuss with your husband how cleaning help would make more sense.

You are an adult, you shouldn't need permission to get a cleaning lady if you need one, you can afford one, and it will save you money.

dankbar

Post Fri, Nov 09 2018, 3:03 am
Prepared food can be expensive for a family often. Cleaning help might be cheaper.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics