Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
I'm a high school principal. Ask me anything!
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6

amother
Orange

Post Fri, Nov 09 2018, 12:38 am
amother wrote:
It has a preschool and elementary school. One class per grade for now (younger grades have 2 so we will have to expand later on).

HS has 1 class per grade, too?
Do you accept all your 8th graders, barring serious behavior/emotional issues you feel you can't deal with?
Do you rather have most of elementary kids continuing on to your HS or get "fresh blood"? If the latter, why?

amother
Pumpkin

Post Fri, Nov 09 2018, 11:09 am
amother wrote:
HS has 1 class per grade, too?
Do you accept all your 8th graders, barring serious behavior/emotional issues you feel you can't deal with?
Do you rather have most of elementary kids continuing on to your HS or get "fresh blood"? If the latter, why?

Yes
Yes

I think it is a fair policy. Families are invested in the school from the beginning. There are always some girls who leave and others who join so it creates a good balance.

In one of my shmoozes with the new 9th graders I was asking them about this. They said they feel very responsible to make the new girls feel welcome. To them it must look like they are a cohesive group from before. They wanted the new girls to know that they are also still adjusting!
Page 6 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6 Recent Topics