Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
S/O How much for a family of 5 a month?
Previous  1  2

dancingqueen

Post Fri, Nov 09 2018, 1:17 pm
Sorry but it’s weird that dh is spending 50 bucks a day on takeout while you and the kids eat tuna and eggs. Something is off there.

amother
Maroon

Post Fri, Nov 09 2018, 1:39 pm
I don't know how one can spend 50 bucks on takeout in one day? Why can't he take sandwiches or coffee from home? When my husband spent lots of money on takeout I started preparing food for him. Got him a nice thermos so he has hot coffee (making coffee at home costs 90% less than buying outside). I make him salad, pack separate dressing, sandwiches, couscous salad, pasta salad .. stuff like that. That really reduced our expenses. Of course it's easier to buy but it's not worth it in my opinion.

amother
Goldenrod

Post Sat, Nov 10 2018, 7:48 pm
I am listening to everything all of you are saying . I said how much he spends because I can't do anything about that. It's a given, he is stubborn and irrational on that. He feels entitled to it. It's 2 meals a day for him, he just has coffee for breakfast. He spends that much because healthier choices cost more and he wants to lose weight. I tried on that front and got nowhere .
I am not the most organized but I am trying to remember all prices and I am having a hard time keeping track of it all. Any even small tips I will appreciate.

amother
Green

Post Sat, Nov 10 2018, 9:45 pm
It seems like he must get a restaurant dinner every night because all you're serving for dinner is eggs or tuna & it's not filling him. If you would try to serve chicken that you make yourself it would still be cheaper than buying ready made food. With a pack of ground meat for $10-15 you can make 20 patties. For a few dollars you can buy a pack of franks....where as ready you would pay at least 3-4 dollars per hotdog. If you buy ready pastrami sandwich you will pay $10-15 per sandwich & you can buy entire package of pastrami that could feed more than one sandwich for $6-8 dollars.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics