Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Chanukah
Attn all creative moms! Looking for cool party idea

amother
Tangerine

Post Wed, Oct 31 2018, 7:48 am
I like to make a Chanukah party each year for my kids, and always do a really cool theme. Looking for some fun creative ideas!
Just to give you an idea, we’ve done glow in the dark, carnival theme, Chinese theme. Young kids and teens.

Thinking maybe ocean theme? I try to transform the room and also have a fun activity or 2. Already done cook off competition, air brushing, scratch off lottery tickets, carnival games, Chinese auction.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

TIA

amother
Honeydew

Post Wed, Oct 31 2018, 8:47 am
Wow! Good for you. Sounds fun!! Ocean theme sounds cute.
I was thinking maybe an emoji (faces), snow/winter, farm, or healthy foods theme?
Hatzlacha!!

rgr

Post Wed, Oct 31 2018, 8:56 am
Youi didn't say your location, but gou can look for ideas similar to this.

Crayon art, Lakewood
https://instagram.com/letscray.....7y22b

Soap making, monsey
https://instagram.com/sculpaso.....xgihf

Cookie kits, cookie sand art, nj
ttps://instagram.com/sprinkledpinknj?utm_source=ig_profile_share&igshid=11s2ant0t0fiy

amother
Tangerine

Post Wed, Oct 31 2018, 3:19 pm
rgr wrote:
Youi didn't say your location, but gou can look for ideas similar to this.

Crayon art, Lakewood
https://instagram.com/letscray.....7y22b

Soap making, monsey
https://instagram.com/sculpaso.....xgihf

Cookie kits, cookie sand art, nj
ttps://instagram.com/sprinkledpinknj?utm_source=ig_profile_share&igshid=11s2ant0t0fiy

Thanks not looking to hire someone. We always do it ourselves.

flowerpower

Post Wed, Oct 31 2018, 4:18 pm
Art party- you can paint a chanukah cookie( stores sell) or on a canvas
Donut party- make a lot of small donuts and let them decorate with icing and toppings
Emoji party- I have ideas if you want to do it

Oriental Trading has a lot of party stuff for these themes.

amother
Pearl

Post Wed, Oct 31 2018, 6:09 pm
I am also looking for cool party ideas but for my office and family one.
Office one we did paint night two years ago and chopped last year I need a really good idea. My boss wanted to transform the office to a haunted house but I think it's too hard.

Ridethewaves

Post Thu, Nov 08 2018, 6:00 pm
amother wrote:
I like to make a Chanukah party each year for my kids, and always do a really cool theme. Looking for some fun creative ideas!
Just to give you an idea, we’ve done glow in the dark, carnival theme, Chinese theme. Young kids and teens.

Thinking maybe ocean theme? I try to transform the room and also have a fun activity or 2. Already done cook off competition, air brushing, scratch off lottery tickets, carnival games, Chinese auction.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

TIA

Hey sorry coming in late u sound like a super cool mom! Can you tell me what you did for the glow in the dark party??

For ocean theme maybe set up a lifeguard chair with photo stand? Lots of props. Can you get a water sculpture? (I love these things:) milkshakes with umbrellas.

Or do a candyland party with real life candy props etc

amother
Coral

Post Fri, Nov 09 2018, 5:39 am
Minute to win it.
Using household items make a race.
For example, unwinding a roll of toilet paper
Watch on YouTube for ideas

amother
Mauve

Post Fri, Nov 09 2018, 6:57 am
We did Minute to Win It for our family Chanukah party last year and it was a huge hit! Most of the supplies can be bought at the dollar store or are readily available around the house. If you are interested and want specific game ideas, let me know.

amother
Cerulean

Post Fri, Nov 09 2018, 7:51 am
amother wrote:
We did Minute to Win It for our family Chanukah party last year and it was a huge hit! Most of the supplies can be bought at the dollar store or are readily available around the house. If you are interested and want specific game ideas, let me know.

Can you share more details?

amother
Mauve

Post Fri, Nov 09 2018, 8:31 am
Prepare a list of games and required supplies before the party. You can ask for volunteers to participate in each game (2 or 3 people) or randomly pulls names out of a box. We had people volunteer, but limited who coudl participate based on how hard the specific game was, e.g. we need two cousins between the ages of 12-14 or two people under age 7, etc.

I found it helpful to set up two long folding tables and chairs ahead of time on one side of the room and then have everyone sit facing the tables. Some of the games are easier played at that height.

Here are some sample games:

1. Give each player a stack of 21 plastic cups (or more, if you want it be harder) to form into a pyramid. Whoever finishes first wins. If it collapses, you start over until someone wins.
2. Give each player a box of full tissues and race to see who can empty it first by pulling the tissues out one by one.
3. Give each player a plate with cotton balls (the same number for each) and an empty plate. Put a bit of vaseline on their noses. The players have to use their nose to transfer the cotton balls into the empty plate.
4. Have players stand or sit with their heads back and put an Oreo-type cookie on each player's forehead. Without using their hands, they have to move around their face muscles to get the cookie into their mouth. The kids had no problem eating the ones that fell on the floor Smile
5. Players are given a bowl with 6 ping pong balls and an empty bowl. Using only a plastic spoon and their mouth (no hands!), they need to transfer all the balls into the empty bowl.
6. This game is for 4 players. Have two pairs stand facing each other, 10 feet apart. Give each pair two blown-up balloons. They pair that keeps them up in the air the longest wins.

It's really fun just to compete, but if you want you can have prizes too. I got of bunch of things from the dollar store and wrapped them so no one could see what they were. Every time someone won a game, they got to pick a prize. It's hilarious when the 5 year old boy gets a spatula and Bubby wins silly putty. The kids usually end op trading and I also wrapped up some packages of chocolate chanukah gelt, which works for everyone.

amother
Tangerine

Post Fri, Nov 09 2018, 9:42 am
Ridethewaves wrote:
Hey sorry coming in late u sound like a super cool mom! Can you tell me what you did for the glow in the dark party??

For ocean theme maybe set up a lifeguard chair with photo stand? Lots of props. Can you get a water sculpture? (I love these things:) milkshakes with umbrellas.

Or do a candyland party with real life candy props etc

We got a black light that made everything white in the room glow purplish. Lots of glow sticks. Glow in the dark cutlery. Black tablecloth and plates and then put a glow stick around the plates and cups. Also tonic water will glow with black light so filled a pitcher with it. Ask had color changing night lights as center PCs. It came out really cool.

amother
Powderblue

Post Fri, Nov 09 2018, 1:06 pm
Create an escape room. It’s a bit of work but lots of fun. I never tried it yet but saw tons of ideas online how to create it.

dankbar

Post Sat, Nov 10 2018, 8:27 pm
If you do a water theme you can do activity games & crafts with pool noodles, tuna cans. U can do a boat. U can create a sailboat from two slices of cantaloupe for setting. One is for boat & one as sail pinned to boat with skewer. U can do pirates, treasures, nets, fishing rods games. U can serve sushi. Fish platters like smoked fish & lox. Fish shaped croutons for soup. Fishsticks in shape of fish. Jelly fish. Chocolate candies that look like pebbles. Pretzels sticks with long string licorice for fishing rods. Blue jello for water. Tin pail with rock candy for ice & jelly fish in the buckets. Tuna/white fish salads. I think there's a game called sardines not sure....u can give them flippers & snorkels for scuba diving. Games to find seashells in the sand. Water fights. Blow the candle with water gun races. Bob the apple in water races. Sponge the clown with wet rag or sponge. Water for planting....cupcake plants. Ice cream in planter with leaves on pineapple on top for a plant....

dankbar

Post Sat, Nov 10 2018, 8:30 pm
To do crafts from pool noodles you need to cut them into small pieces you can then create robots,aliens or monsters from them

dankbar

Post Sat, Nov 10 2018, 8:32 pm
You can do obstacle courses from pool noodles like jump over them. Swing on them. Cut into pieces upright & create maze or toss the ring games etc

dankbar

Post Sat, Nov 10 2018, 8:33 pm
U can hang them from ceiling like punching bags
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics