Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
WhatsApp statuses- to each their own...

amother
Olive

Post Sat, Nov 10 2018, 7:55 pm
But why on Earth would someone post pictures of her kids taking a bath???? For all her contacts to see!
If you find it all cute, send the picture to your husband, mother and mother in law. Noone else cares to see.

Post the strange status posts you've experienced....

momX4

Post Sat, Nov 10 2018, 8:06 pm
I have seen someone post a weird status. I assumed it was a mistake.

amother
Coffee

Post Sat, Nov 10 2018, 8:09 pm
I have a contact who posts random Good nights and asks if anyone wants to come over and visit. I wouldn't think it was so weird if it was someone I actually knew and could assume she sent it to the people she's friends with... But I don't know her! I texted her once for something small over 2 years ago.

Amelia Bedelia

Post Sat, Nov 10 2018, 10:21 pm
amother wrote:
I have a contact who posts random Good nights and asks if anyone wants to come over and visit. I wouldn't think it was so weird if it was someone I actually knew and could assume she sent it to the people she's friends with... But I don't know her! I texted her once for something small over 2 years ago.

A WhatsApp status is not a message sent to people. A status is posted to the profile and is viewable by all contacts who also have you saved as a contact in their phone. I'd suggest you delete her from your contacts if you have nothing to do with her, and then you won't be able to view her statuses.

singleagain

Post Sat, Nov 10 2018, 10:28 pm
What's the big deal? So what if the picture is of their kids and their staus is a reason shower thought.... Why does it bother you?

zaq

Post Sat, Nov 10 2018, 10:31 pm
Presumably she didn't get her children's consent. IMHO people have no business taking nude pix of their kids altogether, as in future it will only embarrass them. How happy would you be if you found out random people have nude childhood pix of you?

amother
Coffee

Post Sat, Nov 10 2018, 10:33 pm
Amelia Bedelia wrote:
A WhatsApp status is not a message sent to people. A status is posted to the profile and is viewable by all contacts who also have you saved as a contact in their phone. I'd suggest you delete her from your contacts if you have nothing to do with her, and then you won't be able to view her statuses.

No WhatsApp has a status feature which is similar to Instastories and you can choose which contacts are able to view your status. I'm not referring to the line by your name that says "Hey there! I'm using Whatsapp" or "Available" which is customizable as well

singleagain

Post Sat, Nov 10 2018, 10:35 pm
I'm not saying I agree that bath pictures should be posted online... But almost every kid who has baby pictures had some of bath time.

As to consent. You can make that argument for everything a parent does for their kids. Into a certain age, it's not the kids consent that matters.

Again not that I agree, but as this that is titled "to each their own" so I don't understand why the op is saying that then making a big deal when it's not her own

amother
Slategray

Post Sat, Nov 10 2018, 10:40 pm
Child abusers exist. How would you feel if a child molester gets hold of the clip you posted and ma*turbates to it? Once it's out there, ppl can find it.

Amelia Bedelia

Post Sat, Nov 10 2018, 10:54 pm
amother wrote:
No WhatsApp has a status feature which is similar to Instastories and you can choose which contacts are able to view your status. I'm not referring to the line by your name that says "Hey there! I'm using Whatsapp" or "Available" which is customizable as well

And btw, the "line by your name" that you're referring to is viewable by anyone, even if they're not in your contacts.

amother
Seashell

Post Sun, Nov 11 2018, 12:02 am
I didnt know people over 20 do status updates.
Anyway, it's available for all to see unless you specifically block them. Most teens block their mom and dad, for example. But people dont go through all their contacts blocking.
I do get status updates from random contacts. I 'mute' them, which means they appear faded at the bottom of the page, and dont open up automatically.
This is important to do if you dont want these random people seeing that you read their status every time. Because they can see it very easily.

Amelia Bedelia

Post Sun, Nov 11 2018, 12:10 am
amother wrote:
I didnt know people over 20 do status updates.
Anyway, it's available for all to see unless you specifically block them. Most teens block their mom and dad, for example. But people dont go through all their contacts blocking.
I do get status updates from random contacts. I 'mute' them, which means they appear faded at the bottom of the page, and dont open up automatically.
This is important to do if you dont want these random people seeing that you read their status every time. Because they can see it very easily.

Only if you each have each other saved in each other's contacts.

amother
Babyblue

Post Sun, Nov 11 2018, 12:27 am
I can choose from my contacts who I want should see my status or not. I only have family & close friends on that list. The rest of my contacts can not see my status.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette