Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Bnos Penina Lakewood
1  2  Next

mommyla

Post Tue, Dec 29 2015, 5:29 pm
Where is Bnos Penina? How long has it been around? What's the oldest grade?

I don't have girls in school yet but trying to learn whatever I can before application time creeps up on me...

amother
Powderblue

Post Tue, Dec 29 2015, 5:58 pm
mommyla wrote:
Where is Bnos Penina? How long has it been around? What's the oldest grade?

sky, I'm so curious about which school you send to. Sounds great!

I don't have girls in school yet but trying to learn whatever I can before application time creeps up on me...

Bnos Penina's this is the first year they have an 8th grade.

They have help for children who need it. I know that my DD was having difficulties in some areas and the principal notified me and put a plan in action. B"H we were successful.

They have extras for Rosh Chosesh. Every year they have a school fair, each year a different topic. Math, science, history, geography. The whole school gets involved in this. Also every year they have a topic that they focus on in Limudei Kodesh, these topics include middos, serving Hashem etc. They have art classes, music. They have very nice school library where the kids can go and borrow books.

It is a small school where every child is known by the principal. The principal hires staff to make sure the curriculum is sound.

Like all the schools in Lakewood, there is staffing and resources from the Board of Ed for children who qualify.

mommyla

Post Tue, Dec 29 2015, 6:29 pm
Thanks Powderblue!

amother
Red

Post Tue, Dec 29 2015, 7:01 pm
This school sounds perfect for what Im looking for. Thank you everyone!

amother
Orchid

Post Tue, Dec 29 2015, 9:12 pm
amother wrote:
Bnos Penina's this is the first year they have an 8th grade.

They have help for children who need it. I know that my DD was having difficulties in some areas and the principal notified me and put a plan in action. B"H we were successful.

They have extras for Rosh Chosesh. Every year they have a school fair, each year a different topic. Math, science, history, geography. The whole school gets involved in this. Also every year they have a topic that they focus on in Limudei Kodesh, these topics include middos, serving Hashem etc. They have art classes, music. They have very nice school library where the kids can go and borrow books.

It is a small school where every child is known by the principal. The principal hires staff to make sure the curriculum is sound.

Like all the schools in Lakewood, there is staffing and resources from the Board of Ed for children who qualify.
who ever you are you described Bnos Penina amazingly ! Thank you from amother!! You forgot to mention BP has a very nice lunch lady who tries to make whole wheat bread taste delicious!!

naturalmom5

Post Wed, Feb 10 2016, 4:17 pm
I don't have daughters and know nothing about the school, but Mrs paskez was my neighbour for many years. She's a very special person ..

Will take her over many of the other school owners any day of the week

japmom

Post Wed, Feb 10 2016, 4:20 pm
naturalmom5 wrote:
I don't have daughters and know nothing about the school, but Mrs paskez was my neighbour for many years. She's a very special person ..

That's why I chose Bnos Penina as my girls second home!!

Emotional

Post Wed, Feb 10 2016, 4:28 pm
My girls' needs are addressed with caring, sensitivity, and optimism.
Need I say more?

amother
Copper

Post Tue, Feb 20 2018, 10:29 pm
naturalmom5 wrote:

Mrs. Paskesz was my teacher for many years.

If all teachers would be like her there would be LESS CHILDREN OFF THE DERECH.

The majority of teachers are academically and socially successful, and have the gift of the gab
and the right body language to be chosen by principal type of people ( to teach our precious neshomas). They have no clue how to appreciate a sensory child,
a high strung child, a hyperactive child, A child who doesnt hear the lesson material the first time. [b]If you would peruse the cameras in the classrooms you would see what I mean.[/b]

Mrs. Paskesz is a hero!! A true Ehrliche person, treating every human being as somebody special.

balibusta

Post Wed, Feb 21 2018, 6:49 am
I actually was at a high school play and I pointed out who a girl that looked like a v fine happy wholesome girl and I was told her name and that she came from
Bnos penina and is in ninth grade now

balibusta

Post Wed, Feb 21 2018, 6:51 am
I also have a neighbor that goes there and her girls seem v smart and well rounded

Cmon be nice

Post Wed, Feb 21 2018, 7:36 am
FYI this year the primary class is full BH

amother
Hotpink

Post Wed, Feb 21 2018, 8:03 am
My sil sends her daughter there and is very happy!

sweet

Post Sun, Nov 11 2018, 12:23 pm
Any updated information on Bnos Penina?
How many girls in each class?
What type of families send there? And is it a very fancy school?

amother
Sapphire

Post Sun, Nov 11 2018, 12:27 pm
The newer families/ lower grades are trending in a more chassidish direction.
Not a very fancy crowd at all. Of course with some exceptions.

amother
Firebrick

Post Tue, Jan 22 2019, 5:21 pm
I hear they’re opening parallel classes next year, so the school must now be doing well..!

amother
Scarlet

Post Tue, Jan 22 2019, 7:34 pm
The principal is very chassidish and I've heard she is a wonderful person. The school is obviously not as chassidish as her.

amother
Firebrick

Post Tue, Jan 22 2019, 8:22 pm
Thats so interesting that you would say the principal is chassidish and the school is not.

At least 90% of the students are from Boro Park originally, which I think is great.
I can't wait to send my daughter there next year iyh.

amother
Scarlet

Post Tue, Jan 22 2019, 8:24 pm
amother wrote:
Thats so interesting that you would say the principal is chassidish and the school is not.

At least 90% of the students are from Boro Park originally, which I think is great.
I can't wait to send my daughter there next year iyh.

I wrote that the school is not as Chassidish as her. Not that it is not chassidish, although I was surprised when I found out.

amother
Sapphire

Post Tue, Jan 22 2019, 10:30 pm
Proud Bnos Penina parent here. This is our seventh year with the school.
Mrs. Paskesz is not "very" chassidish, as you described. She's heimish with a bit of a chassidish lean.
Really it doesn't matter. The school has been wonderful. The first grade currently has two full classes.
Yes it is true that the school is becoming more chassidish, at least in the lower grades. Parents have been asking for more of a yiddish-speaking curriculum. If I had a baby girl now, I would be very conflicted whether or not to send her to Bnos Penina in five years. I have been so happy with the school and its chinuch, but we are as "kalteh litvak" as you can get. No chassidish blood in my family. ☺
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics