Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Does your lower-elementary age child like school?
Previous  1  2

invisiblecircus

Post Sun, Nov 11 2018, 7:41 am
My first grade DD loves school but hates doing her homework.
Have you asked your DD why she hates it? Does she like her morot? Is she having problems with other children in the class? Does she find the work difficult?

amother
Pumpkin

Post Sun, Nov 11 2018, 9:38 am
OP here. I see that it really varies.
I am trying to figure out if my DD really hates it or if it's just a "thing" to say amongst her class. She goes happily every day. She sometimes comes home moody, but every day different. She loves her Hebrew teacher, but doesn't like the English teacher. Anytime someone asks her how's school, she says "I hate it, it's so boring and stupid". She was in tears when she realized that there is school on Chanukah (she thought she was being off for entire Chanukah, but really only 2-3 days off). I will get in touch with her teachers to find out how she is in school. She is generally an easy going kid.

amother
Ecru

Post Sun, Nov 11 2018, 6:15 pm
I don’t think I would ever have said I like school. I’m sure I always said I hate it. I was mostly an A student without working terribly hard, wasn’t bullied, liked the teachers who cracked jokes, hated the humorless ones, liked reading, hated arithmetic...but overall if asked I would have said I hated it. I don’t think I really did, I just never liked being told what to do, and I REALLY didn’t like getting up in the morning. Do kids ever actually admit to liking school?
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics