Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Sheitel Help

Sammy Girl

Post Sun, Nov 11 2018, 2:04 pm
What do I need to know before washing my sheitel on my own? Any tips greatly appreciated.

Ruchel

Post Sun, Nov 11 2018, 2:49 pm
Depends on material and quality. But I generally just wash it in water with shampoo and let it dry.

Sammy Girl

Post Sun, Nov 11 2018, 2:50 pm
Does it make any difference which shampoo I use?

sub

Post Sun, Nov 11 2018, 3:00 pm
Yes it does. Try pantene pro v. Shampoo and conditioner. Or shampoos for treated hair. Use warm water don't shmush it be gentle. Comb the conditioner in while the wig is on a foam head. Rinse under running water while gently combing. Dont pull hard. Soak up excess water by rolling in towel. Let it dry on a bottle not on a head

PassionFruit

Post Sun, Nov 11 2018, 6:30 pm
1. Wash the shaitle on the head, not in the sink. If you do it in the sink there is a very high risk of the hair going through the net the wrong way. pin it on the head with pins at each ear and each corner of the nape of the neck. Brush it out gently. Put a pin where the part should be so you can keep it there.
2. Pantene is fine. Biologe is great.
wet hair. add shampoo. wave your fingers from the roots to the ends, but do not scrunch the hairs up. Do the same from the nape of neck towards the inside of the shaitle. wash bangs extra well
3. wash out shampoo. water should be warm, not hot.
4. Repeat step 2 and 3
5a. put conditioner is the middle and bottom of the shaitle, pretty thick. Put a tiny touch in the bottom of the bangs. Do not put it at the part, roots, or top of bangs. Let it sit for at least 2 minutes and the wash out.
5b. comb out the shaitle gently, at a 45 degree angle (you dont want to mess up the net by doing 90 degrees)
6. lift up the roots and bangs a bit so it is not flat down with no volume
7. if you plan on wearing the shaitle straight, leave as it. if you plan on curling it, scrunch the bottoms a bit
8. If you plan on wearing it with natural curls, add it a bit of mousse to the scrunch
9. let the shaitle dry 100% before touching it with a blow dryer or other styling tool.
10. When completely dry, including the net, brush out (if straight) or scrunch until more natural looking.
11. use a spray heat protectant, for example this https://pantene.com/en-us/prod.....pray. A spray is better than a serum. Use this liberally, all over, when blow drying, when using a curling iron, when using a flat iron. Any heat tool should be used at medium heat, not high. It takes three seconds to cinch hairs beyond repair, so follow these rules.

renslet

Post Sun, Nov 11 2018, 7:13 pm
Binah has a great video on YouTube, I follow it every time.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels