Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
SAT Paper Registration form 2018

amother
Smokey

Post Thu, Sep 13 2018, 3:05 pm
How do you get the paper application (needed for registering for a Sunday class)? While the College Board can mail it to me, they say it will take 4-6 weeks, and I need it sooner.

Any ideas? I've already tried all the local high schools.

amother
Pewter

Post Thu, Sep 13 2018, 3:13 pm
amother wrote:
How do you get the paper application (needed for registering for a Sunday class)? While the College Board can mail it to me, they say it will take 4-6 weeks, and I need it sooner.

Any ideas? I've already tried all the local high schools.

Do your local high schools include any Modern Orthodox high schools? All of our MO high schools have it (along with a letter from the principal stating that the student is a Shabbat observer).

If not, try the Seventh Day Adventists. They also take the SAT on Sunday.

madys

Post Thu, Sep 13 2018, 3:56 pm
I agree, try a more modern school, or even a public school.

For the Sunday test, you need to submit a letter with it.

amother
Smokey

Post Thu, Sep 13 2018, 4:02 pm
madys wrote:
I agree, try a more modern school, or even a public school.

For the Sunday test, you need to submit a letter with it.

Thanks! I have the letter, I just need the registration form. Humm, no one seems to have it. (I'm wondering if it's because it's the beginning of the school year)

Is there another option?

amother
Pewter

Post Thu, Sep 13 2018, 4:10 pm
amother wrote:
Thanks! I have the letter, I just need the registration form. Humm, no one seems to have it. (I'm wondering if it's because it's the beginning of the school year)

Is there another option?

Again, have you asked MO/Conservative high schools? In NY, that includes. HAFTR. HANC.
North Shore. Schechter. Central. MTA. Ramaz. Heschel SAR. Westchester Hebrew High. Flatbush. DRS. Frisch. I've forgotten a few. I guess its possible that they won't give it to strangers, but every one of them has the form, guaranteed. And the guarantee is because I know students at every one of those schools who has obtained the form.

amother
Smokey

Post Fri, Sep 14 2018, 2:17 pm
amother wrote:
Again, have you asked MO/Conservative high schools? In NY, that includes. HAFTR. HANC.
North Shore. Schechter. Central. MTA. Ramaz. Heschel SAR. Westchester Hebrew High. Flatbush. DRS. Frisch. I've forgotten a few. I guess its possible that they won't give it to strangers, but every one of them has the form, guaranteed. And the guarantee is because I know students at every one of those schools who has obtained the form.

Hmm, I'm not from New York. The schools I've contacted claim not to have it.

anon for this

Post Sat, Sep 15 2018, 10:05 pm
amother wrote:
Hmm, I'm not from New York. The schools I've contacted claim not to have it.

Maybe you can try contacting one of the listed schools and asking them to mail you a form.

perquacky

Post Sat, Sep 15 2018, 11:10 pm
There's no form. Follow these instructions and get a letter from a rabbi. My son is in public high school and had no trouble applying to take the SAT and the ACT on Sunday.
https://collegereadiness.colle.....sting

amother
Periwinkle

Post Sat, Sep 15 2018, 11:18 pm
perquacky wrote:
There's no form. Follow these instructions and get a letter from a rabbi. My son is in public high school and had no trouble applying to take the SAT and the ACT on Sunday.
https://collegereadiness.colle.....sting

Register by Mail
The first time you register for Sunday testing, you must register by mail.

Here’s how:

Get the Student Registration Booklet for the SAT and SAT Subject Tests from your high school counselor.
Enter the number 01000 for your first-choice test center code and leave the second choice blank.
Include the signed letter from your religious leader with the registration form.
Mail your registration and payment by the late registration deadline (for mailed registrations). If you’re testing outside the United States, your documents must be delivered by the deadline for international registration.

amother
Smokey

Post Sun, Sep 16 2018, 1:30 pm
Thanks, everyone!
It arrived at my door a week later (they claimed 4-6 weeks) Smile

Thanks!

amother
Khaki

Post Sun, Nov 11 2018, 11:14 pm
Bumping this up. OP, where did you end up getting the paper registration?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics