Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
My daughter's teeth

amother
Linen

Post Mon, Nov 12 2018, 8:29 am
I recently noticed that my 9 year old daughter's front teeth (both top and bottom) are transparent in some parts of the teeth and pretty yellow on the rest of the teeth. I also noticed that the bottoms of the top teeth as well as the tops of the bottom teeth are bumpy, not straight. I googled this. What came up was the bumps on children's front teeth are perfectly normal. They are called mamelons. Anyone ever heard of this? Apparently the teeth that have mamelons will be slightly transparent because the mamelons are supposedly very thin. I just really hope that it's not that the enamel of her teeth are eroding away. We are going to the dentist next week, so of course I will bring this to his attention. I'm asking on here to see if anyone has ever experienced this with their kids teeth so I don't keep freaking out for the next week. Thank you all in advance for your responses.

nchr

Post Mon, Nov 12 2018, 8:58 am
Mamelons are normal and should wear away completely or almost entirely. Also, d when ppl pay tens of thousands of dollars (can even be 50-100k) for veneers they are specially made to include a transparent ombre like look (if dentist and lab are good) so maybe you're describing something else?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics