Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Not yeshivish yeshiva h.s. with dorm and...

amother
Amethyst

Post Mon, Nov 12 2018, 10:21 am
in the NY, NJ area preferred and...

He needs help with his academics. He is not a strong learner, specifically secular studies. I don't know if he has a diagnosis, but we are having it checked out now.

amother
Aubergine

Post Mon, Nov 12 2018, 11:12 am
what do u consider "not yeshivish"? If he needs to wear white shirts, would that be too yeshivish? Theres a yeshiva in lkwd for low academic boys that excellent, not sure if too yeshivish. Its definitely not very yeshivish.

leah233

Post Mon, Nov 12 2018, 11:51 am
I don't know why your son needing help with academics requires a not yeshivish school, to what degree he needs help, or what you consider not Yeshivish.

Therefore I might be ridiculously off with this suggestion but maybe look into Belle Harbor.

Last edited by leah233 on Mon, Nov 12 2018, 11:56 am; edited 1 time in total

doctorima

Post Mon, Nov 12 2018, 11:54 am
Shaarei Arazim in Monsey is worth looking into.

amother
Amethyst

Post Mon, Nov 12 2018, 12:05 pm
amother wrote:
what do u consider "not yeshivish"? If he needs to wear white shirts, would that be too yeshivish? Theres a yeshiva in lkwd for low academic boys that excellent, not sure if too yeshivish. Its definitely not very yeshivish.

Wearing white shirts is too yeshivish. Now he wears jeans and a t-shirt. I'm fine with a school having a dress code and not allowing jeans though. I do have family in Lakewood for boarding, but do they have a dorm and what's it called?
leah233 wrote:
I don't know why your son needing help with academics requires a not yeshivish school, to what degree he needs help, or what you consider not Yeshivish.

Therefore I might be ridiculously off with this suggestion but maybe look into Belle Harbor.

The academics have nothing do to with yeshivish, it has to do with hashkafa, but they're both needed. Does Belle Harbor have a dorm?
doctorima wrote:
Shaarei Arazim in Monsey is worth looking into.

Does it have a dorm?

amother
Maroon

Post Mon, Nov 12 2018, 12:08 pm
I believe MTA has a dorm. It's Yeshiva University's high school. In manhattan, definitely not yesheivish. When my brothers went there many years ago it was big mix in terms of the boys.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics