Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
How much did you spend on a diamond Kallah bracelet NY area?
Previous  1  2  3

How much did you spend on a Kallah bracelet?
Under $1000  
 25%  [ 31 ]
$1100-2000  
 30%  [ 37 ]
$2100-3000  
 25%  [ 31 ]
$3100-4000  
 10%  [ 12 ]
$4100-$5000  
 4%  [ 5 ]
Over $5000  
 3%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 120

amother
Periwinkle

Post Mon, May 28 2018, 7:22 am
Pitifully sad that they need to overspend when you can buy a nice one for a decent price.

Bnei Berak 10

Post Tue, May 29 2018, 3:25 am
cnc wrote:
Do people really follow the takanos?

I guess serious chassidim DO follow the takanot. If you really really want something I guess you are allowed to splurge all you want after the wedding.

amother
Mauve

Post Tue, May 29 2018, 4:13 am
9k and 10k gold is not fake gold or gold plated!

It is real gold with lower fineness and it is perfectly legal to call it gold. Precious metals used in jewellery and giftware manufacture are always used as an alloy. The precious metal must be mixed with other elements to give it the necessary properties such as flexibility to produce a desirable and durable article.

10k is the minimum standard sold in USA which is 417 parts gold where as in UK, Australia and other countries 9k is the minimum sold which is 375 parts. Some countries allow 8k gold too like Greece and Denmark.

The lower fineness doesnt make it fake or gold plated. In the UK our gold must be hallmarked to confirm it meets the legal standard.

Your 14k jewellery is 585 parts and even your 18k jewellery is only 750 parts pure gold.

Only 24k gold is real pure gold (even that is not 1000 parts more like 995 - 999) and really that is more for Indian jewellery and gold bars.

The more parts pure gold the softer the metal.

Here in UK, 9ct gold jewellery is very normal and perfectly acceptable and seen as real gold (maybe not in the jewish community tho for some reason).

Im just responding to comments of those that said 9k and 10k jewellery is fake.

I never heard of this diamond bracelet thing before imamother but in our community a jewellery gift is given to the kallah at the engagement from the chossons parents. Not necessarily a bracelet or diamonds. Could be a necklace or earrings etc.

amother
Ruby

Post Wed, May 30 2018, 7:21 pm
amother wrote:
9k and 10k gold is not fake gold or gold plated!

It is real gold with lower fineness and it is perfectly legal to call it gold. Precious metals used in jewellery and giftware manufacture are always used as an alloy. The precious metal must be mixed with other elements to give it the necessary properties such as flexibility to produce a desirable and durable article.

10k is the minimum standard sold in USA which is 417 parts gold where as in UK, Australia and other countries 9k is the minimum sold which is 375 parts. Some countries allow 8k gold too like Greece and Denmark.

The lower fineness doesnt make it fake or gold plated. In the UK our gold must be hallmarked to confirm it meets the legal standard.

Your 14k jewellery is 585 parts and even your 18k jewellery is only 750 parts pure gold.

Only 24k gold is real pure gold (even that is not 1000 parts more like 995 - 999) and really that is more for Indian jewellery and gold bars.

The more parts pure gold the softer the metal.

Here in UK, 9ct gold jewellery is very normal and perfectly acceptable and seen as real gold (maybe not in the jewish community tho for some reason).

Im just responding to comments of those that said 9k and 10k jewellery is fake.

I never heard of this diamond bracelet thing before imamother but in our community a jewellery gift is given to the kallah at the engagement from the chossons parents. Not necessarily a bracelet or diamonds. Could be a necklace or earrings etc.

Thank You! A poster on the first page commented on 10K not being gold/being gold plated and I cringed. So thanks for taking the time clarify that. (Not that you will change anyones opinion on 10K 'realness'...)
I am satmar and didnt receive bracelet or ring. At the time when the takanos were originally enforced, most abided. With time the standards started creeping back up. Out of my 11 siblings, my sil and I are the only ones that didnt receive bracelet or diamond. We got married '11-'14. By now I can say most 'balbatish' kallahs do get bracelets but not real diamonds in the ring. My younger siblings got bracelets.

amother
Burlywood

Post Fri, Jun 01 2018, 3:25 pm
I voted under 1000 but am not in NY.

Zahava

Post Fri, Jun 01 2018, 5:01 pm
Someone way up-thread mentioned buying at the jewelry exchange for better prices. Can you elaborate? Can anyone just shop for jewelry there? And where is "there"? In buildings on 47th street in Manhattan or only in storefronts?

Thank you!

amother
Coral

Post Mon, Nov 12 2018, 3:53 pm
Any diamond experts here?
This bracelet is really beautiful but want to know quality. Thx

Cheiny

Post Mon, Nov 12 2018, 4:00 pm
amother wrote:
My English in laws paid over $2,000 for my bracelet.

However, they aren’t what you would call yeshivish.

My sisters all got bracelets at least over $1,000. Lakewood, yeshivish.

I think the entire concept of “musts” concerning wedding gifts is ridiculous.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics