Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Music and Performing Arts
Need Russian speaker to check transcription/singable English

Choirmistress

Post Tue, Nov 13 2018, 10:28 am
I would like someone fluent in Russian to check, and confirm or correct:
my Cyrillic rekeyboarding (from a website's PDF of the actual sheet music) of the folk song I previously posted a query about (back in August), which I have since finally identified, and of which I requested a copy from an official archive;
my transcription of the above into Latin alphabet characters (I.e., how accurately my spelling reflects the proper Russian pronunciation); and
my translation into rhyming, rhythm-matching, singable English.
The first two of the above are arranged in two parallel columns on one side of a letter-sized sheet; the translation comprises the back side of the sheet.
Anyone willing to have a go should simply post a response here, and I will send her the MSWord file comprising the two pages.
Thanks in advance to anyone willing to check the original composer's and my lyrics.
Original Russian title: Na Opushke Lesa; Tune: earliest known version of "The Little Bird".
Regards and kol tuv,
Choirmistress.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Music and Performing Arts