Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
Unpopular Opinions
  1  2  3  16  17  18  Next

gingertop

Post Tue, Nov 13 2018, 2:28 pm
My very unpopular opinion is that frum literature is good. I read whatever I can get my hands on so I'm not saying this as a prude.
I love-hate the s-ex, blood, and gore that is prevalent everywhere else. Frum literature is a safe place for me. Good character development because there can't be much of a plot. Excellent writing. No crutches.

What's your terrible take? Can't beat mine lol.

sequoia

Post Tue, Nov 13 2018, 2:30 pm
None of the books I read have sеx, blood, and gore. Where are they “prevalent”?

mommy3b2c

Post Tue, Nov 13 2018, 2:30 pm
And most frum literature bores me to death. Sometimes I’ll find historical fiction interesting.

gingertop

Post Tue, Nov 13 2018, 2:36 pm
sequoia wrote:
None of the books I read have sеx, blood, and gore. Where are they “prevalent”?

Pretty much everywhere. Only exception I can think of from recent books I've read is the Daniel Silva mossad thrillers.

groovy1224

Post Tue, Nov 13 2018, 2:38 pm
My unpopular opinion:

I think pom pom hats (especially on newborns) look stupid. There I said it!

gingertop

Post Tue, Nov 13 2018, 2:39 pm
mommy3b2c wrote:
And most frum literature bores me to death. Sometimes I’ll find historical fiction interesting.

I guess the boring factor is what I like about it. Nice and calm.

Interestingly, I find the trend to have at least one historical serial ongoing in every magazine a copout from good writing. It's like if there is enough research there then the story must be amazing. Sometimes it is. I like history but I wish it was served straight at least half the time.

InnerMe

Post Tue, Nov 13 2018, 2:43 pm
groovy1224 wrote:
My unpopular opinion:

I think pom pom hats (especially on newborns) look stupid. There I said it!

Well, than my unpopular opinion is that I think they look absolutely adorable on practically anyone. They add some funk and spice in life.

Sleepymama

Post Tue, Nov 13 2018, 3:03 pm
I think long peyos and a beard is s*xy. (My husband is litvish so long peyos isn't in my stars, alas!). I also wish that shabbos robes were a thing in my community. I think they're so pretty!

zaq

Post Tue, Nov 13 2018, 3:26 pm
You asked for it. I think putting froufrou-laden headbands on infant girls who are practically bald is ridiculous. It just accentuates the baldness and is about as cute as nezem zahav be'af chazzir.

groovy1224

Post Tue, Nov 13 2018, 3:26 pm
InnerMe wrote:
Well, than my unpopular opinion is that I think they look absolutely adorable on practically anyone. They add some funk and spice in life.

Yours is the popular opinion!

InnerMe

Post Tue, Nov 13 2018, 3:29 pm
groovy1224 wrote:
Yours is the popular opinion!

Well, considering your post got 9 likes and mine got 1, it turns out mine is the unpopular opinion! LOL

Seas

Post Tue, Nov 13 2018, 3:32 pm
gingertop wrote:
My very unpopular opinion is that frum literature is good. I read whatever I can get my hands on so I'm not saying this as a prude.
I love-hate the sx, blood, and gore that is prevalent everywhere else. Frum literature is a safe place for me. Good character development because there can't be much of a plot. Excellent writing. No crutches.

What's your terrible take? Can't beat mine lol.

I'm curious whether you've ever read quality goiysh novels that you can compare.

groovy1224

Post Tue, Nov 13 2018, 3:38 pm
InnerMe wrote:
Well, considering your post got 9 likes and mine got 1, it turns out mine is the unpopular opinion! LOL

Haha that may be, but the pom hat has become so ubiquitous I'm starting to think they'll be adding it to the typical newborn stats questionnaire:

How big was your baby at birth?

C-section or v-ginal?

What color pompom?

LOL

gingertop

Post Tue, Nov 13 2018, 3:38 pm
Seas wrote:
I'm curious whether you've ever read quality goiysh novels that you can compare.

I'm not comparing as much as I'm being contrarian on the usual "frum lit is so awful". I think it can be quite good without the discomfort that comes with the quality secular literature.

I did say this was my unpopular opinion!

L25

Post Tue, Nov 13 2018, 3:46 pm
zaq- I actually recently read that babies shouldn't wear headbands for more then a few minutes

https://www.babygaga.com/15-ba.....bies/

Ruchel

Post Tue, Nov 13 2018, 3:57 pm
I think pompon bonnets on adults are terrible, it's unpopular online lol (here you'd not see adults with them).

I also think the frummie look is s-xy lol - except the beard at least on most men.

flowerpower

Post Tue, Nov 13 2018, 4:25 pm
InnerMe wrote:

I love that look!! More than bonnets or headbands.

flowerpower

Post Tue, Nov 13 2018, 4:26 pm
I’m afraid to share mine because I don’t want to hurt anyone🤨

thelioness

Post Tue, Nov 13 2018, 4:39 pm
Mine us live and let live , seems unpopular .

SuperWify

Post Tue, Nov 13 2018, 4:47 pm
This might mske my popularity levels drop significantly. But regardless, I have a few...

- medications and vaccines aren’t poison and are very important at times but they definitely are not without risks.

- fall wigs with tight beanies ontop look utterly ridiculous to my eyes.

- it’s very important to look good and dress put together.

- a husband must do everything to please his wife in the bedroom but that doesn’t doesn’t mean DW is off the hook...!

-mental health should stop being pushed under the rug. People should start to talk and stop the shame.

- if you have an opinion say it under your (user)name! Stop hiding or we won’t get to know you, Amother!!!!
Page 1 of 18   1  2  3  16  17  18  Next Recent Topics