Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
Why did you choose your username?
1  2  3  4  Next

PassionFruit

Post Tue, Nov 13 2018, 8:12 pm
a different thread (about favorite foods) got me thinking about this. I chose passionfruit because I am passionate, strong, and opinionated, while still being creative, inspired, and sweet.

ineedalamborghi

Post Tue, Nov 13 2018, 8:15 pm
Mine was totally on a whim, I'm not even into cars. But I didn't realize it would get cut off and I just never got around to asking Yael to switch it. Besides I didn't have a better idea of what I should change it to.

OutATowner

Post Tue, Nov 13 2018, 8:15 pm
The first time I logged on here there were a lot if usernames with NY in it. And I thought, I'm proud to be an out of towner!

Metukah

Post Tue, Nov 13 2018, 8:24 pm
Because I'm sweet. Duh.

(dh's nickname for me)

Frumwithallergies

Post Tue, Nov 13 2018, 8:27 pm
Much of my life has revolved around my children's allergies. It has overwhelmed me at times, and has helped strengthen my resolve, resilience and emunah. BH one child has just lately grown out of egg and dairy anaphylactic allergies, much later than expected, but I still have allergy-riddled children at home.... it's kinda funny, because there are so many different facets to my life, work, education, etc, but the allergies follow me everywhere and through everything!

Edited for typos.

Last edited by Frumwithallergies on Wed, Nov 14 2018, 6:58 am; edited 1 time in total

SnowLeopard

Post Tue, Nov 13 2018, 8:34 pm
Because I’m full of it

Water Stones

Post Tue, Nov 13 2018, 8:41 pm
Our first date was waking by the coast and I kept picking up seashell, so that’s what he calls me when he is wanting to be sweet in private.

Boca00

Post Tue, Nov 13 2018, 8:42 pm
When I joined, my relative and I made up to try to see if we could figure each other out. I wanted to throw her off so she would think I'm some girl from Boca born in the year 2000 (teen bride, whatever). She figured me out right away though lol.

Sorry, guys. I'm from Miami Beach, not Boca, and I was born in '91.

smileforamile

Post Tue, Nov 13 2018, 8:42 pm
Seashells wrote:
Our first date was waking by the coast and I kept picking up seashell, so that’s what he calls me when he is wanting to be sweet in private.

Aw, that's sweet:)

smileforamile

Post Tue, Nov 13 2018, 8:43 pm
Mine was on a whim. The phrase must have been in my head for some reason or another. Maybe because I had just gotten married and was on cloud 9...Smile

Sunny Days

Post Tue, Nov 13 2018, 9:27 pm
So I should remember that this too shall pass...
when I signed up I had a different username to reflect the amount of kids I currently had. but was really silly, so finally changed it last year.

Ravenclaw

Post Tue, Nov 13 2018, 9:38 pm
I feel like mine is obvious, however if you didn't read Harry Potter you might think it is super weird so I may as well explain it for those of you who didn't read HP. In the book people are divided into houses according to personality type, and Ravenclaws love learning, they think outside the box, believe in speaking their mind, and are creative and unique. SOmetimes they are even seen as eccentric, but they wear that badge proudly.
That's me in one word. Oh, and I love books so like being able to refer to an old favorite...

Tzutzie

Post Tue, Nov 13 2018, 9:47 pm
Childhood nickname.
My brother and father still call me that at times. LOL

Just then I had opened an email tzutzie@gmail.com. my brother didn't realize I have access to Web and that I know my way around it (first week on my new job. Out of 12th grade not even 18 years old! LOL!!!)
He was spooked out who is emailing him with this name? It went on for a while. Then his wife figured it out. Lol!!!
Soon after that I got married and my friend told me about this website. That day I was laughing with my brother about this. And so tzutzie it is!

Last edited by Tzutzie on Wed, Nov 14 2018, 7:55 am; edited 2 times in total

happy12

Post Tue, Nov 13 2018, 10:04 pm
No matter what goes on I try to remain happy and see the positive in things.

MommyM

Post Tue, Nov 13 2018, 10:41 pm
I became a mommy shortly before I joined. Smile

Frumwithallergies

Post Tue, Nov 13 2018, 10:42 pm
Ravenclaw wrote:
I feel like mine is obvious, however if you didn't read Harry Potter you might think it is super weird so I may as well explain it for those of you who didn't read HP. In the book people are divided into houses according to personality type, and Ravenclaws love learning, they think outside the box, believe in speaking their mind, and are creative and unique. SOmetimes they are even seen as eccentric, but they wear that badge proudly.
That's me in one word. Oh, and I love books so like being able to refer to an old favorite...

Coming from a HP-obsessed house (DD 10 and DD7 and even DD 4!), I love your name! Stay true to yourself Very Happy

Laiya

Post Tue, Nov 13 2018, 10:47 pm
Leah was taken Smile

singleagain

Post Tue, Nov 13 2018, 10:55 pm
I'd just gotten divorced and joined bc my mom told me about the divorce forums where I was able to find support. I'm still single so the name stays

Chana Miriam S

Post Wed, Nov 14 2018, 12:07 am
It’s my name. Lol.

Sleepymama

Post Wed, Nov 14 2018, 3:10 am
I'm so curious about some of the other names out there. Like why seas? Why olive oil?
Mine is pretty obvious.
Page 1 of 4 1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics