Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
SAM girls coat?

Chaya123

Post Tue, Nov 13 2018, 9:58 am
My daughter, age 13, ladies size, is asking me for SAM coat. I see on Amazon costs over $400. Anyone knows where I can get good deal?

amother
Scarlet

Post Tue, Nov 13 2018, 10:16 am
$400 is a good deal for a SAM coat. You wont find a much better price. Maybe check on Ebay if you can find a slightly used.

married2020

Post Tue, Nov 13 2018, 10:30 am
Check Bloomingdales I think they have a 25$ off every 100 sale

Chaya123

Post Tue, Nov 13 2018, 10:37 am
What's the difference between a SAM and S13?

married2020

Post Tue, Nov 13 2018, 10:39 am
Chaya123 wrote:

S13 is their cheaper line

married2020

Post Tue, Nov 13 2018, 10:40 am
Chaya123 wrote:

Century 21 has a big selection of s13 if she’s interested in that

Tziril Miriam

Post Tue, Nov 13 2018, 11:16 am
Where I live, the popular coats are Canada Goose. They cost about double what a SAM coat costs, but they go down to the hip so they are a bit warmer than SAM. But fashion coats do not have hidden zipper pockets and all the expedition features that are useful in actual winter weather. Also, these popular coats are often stolen. They are not worth buying unless conforming to arbitrary kids' fashion and displaying affluence are your priorities.

Some very good coats, especially factoring in cost, are available online from Lands End and LL Bean.

I recommend outerwear in light and bright colors instead of black, to increase your visibility to drivers, especially pending and after dusk.

amother
Bisque

Post Tue, Nov 13 2018, 11:33 am
My daughter was also asking for a Sam or s13 coat. Costco online had a nice s13 one for $60. They were double everywhere else I looked.

INSPIREME

Post Tue, Nov 13 2018, 11:37 am
https://www.costco.com/S13-Ladies'-Down-Puffer-Jacket.product.100404483.html

$60 for an S13 coat in Costco

Chaya123

Post Tue, Nov 13 2018, 11:37 am
amother wrote:
My daughter was also asking for a Sam or s13 coat. Costco online had a nice s13 one for $60. They were double everywhere else I looked.

Thanks but I don't have Costco account Sad

amother
Mustard

Post Tue, Nov 13 2018, 12:50 pm
If anyone wants the s13 coat in black size s I have an extra one I got for $115 I’m planning to return!

amother
Cyan

Post Tue, Nov 13 2018, 1:25 pm
You don't need Costco membership to order the coat. I ordered it and I think there was a $5 or so extra fee for non members.

amother
Slategray

Post Tue, Nov 13 2018, 1:31 pm
What other coats are in style? Not just the brands like what styles?

Chaya123

Post Tue, Nov 13 2018, 2:14 pm
amother wrote:
You don't need Costco membership to order the coat. I ordered it and I think there was a $5 or so extra fee for non members.

Is it this? https://www.costco.com/S13-Lad......html
It says member only product.

amother
Magenta

Post Tue, Nov 13 2018, 3:41 pm
I bought my girls the s13 coat. Similar to one on amazon but I ordered from a different website. This is the style my kids were begging for. The coats look really nice but are not so warm. They are feather filled but not heavy at all. The coat was $69. I was happy to save the money at first but it might have been more worth it if I had spent $180 (cost of the real coat I wanted) and my girls would be toasty warm all winter long.

Chaya123

Post Tue, Nov 13 2018, 3:43 pm
amother wrote:
I bought my girls the s13 coat. Similar to one on amazon but I ordered from a different website. This is the style my kids were begging for. The coats look really nice but are not so warm. They are feather filled but not heavy at all. The coat was $69. I was happy to save the money at first but it might have been more worth it if I had spent $180 (cost of the real coat I wanted) and my girls would be toasty warm all winter long.

Which site did you order from? can you provide link?

amother
Magenta

Post Tue, Nov 13 2018, 3:59 pm
Chaya123 wrote:
Which site did you order from? can you provide link?

The coats I ordered are not in stock anymore. Here is similar coat from this website:
https://www.sierratradingpost......0down

Even though they are 60% down filled, it’s duck filled and that’s not as warm as goose filled. I allowed my girls to keep the coats as long as they agree to wear their old very warm coats on the freezing days.

allthingsblue

Post Tue, Nov 13 2018, 4:04 pm
I have an S13 coat (I hate the brand name- reminds me of MS 13) and it is very warm. Especially when paired with gloves, scarf and hat. You can probably find them for a good price at lord and taylor b

amother
Denim

Post Tue, Nov 13 2018, 4:12 pm
amother wrote:
The coats I ordered are not in stock anymore. Here is similar coat from this website:
https://www.sierratradingpost......0down

Even though they are 60% down filled, it’s duck filled and that’s not as warm as goose filled. I allowed my girls to keep the coats as long as they agree to wear their old very warm coats on the freezing days.

Lightweight doesn't mean not warm. I have a cheap lightweight jacket I bought originally as an in between coat and it is very warm. If I wear it when it's 50-60 degrees even open I am hot in it.

amother
Magenta

Post Tue, Nov 13 2018, 8:46 pm
amother wrote:
Lightweight doesn't mean not warm. I have a cheap lightweight jacket I bought originally as an in between coat and it is very warm. If I wear it when it's 50-60 degrees even open I am hot in it.

They are not warm. Fine for a chilly day in the high 40’s/50’s but definitely won’t keep kids warm on a freezing day
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics