Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
Unpopular Opinions
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6 16  17  18  Next

MiracleMama

Post Tue, Nov 13 2018, 6:37 pm
zaq wrote:
You asked for it. I think putting froufrou-laden headbands on infant girls who are practically bald is ridiculous. It just accentuates the baldness and is about as cute as nezem zahav be'af chazzir.

Glad I'm not the only one.

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, Nov 13 2018, 6:37 pm
I think that unattractive people have better marriages. Because they had to look past traditional Western beauty standards and get to know the person underneath.

Some of the happiest marriages I know of are with wives that are overweight, frumpy, and not pulled together. They are excellent wives and mothers, faithful, patient, and kind.

Not to say that attractive women aren't wonderful people as well, but if a bochur is smitten with the fact that you are a size 2, very trendy, and your parents can support him, how is he going to get to know the real girl underneath all the surface stuff?

I also think that the music at simchas is WAY too loud. It physically hurts my ears, wears me out, and makes me want to run away instead of staying for dessert and dancing. I can't even talk to the person who's face is one foot away from mine, even if we're both yelling. Why is this acceptable?

oneofakind

Post Tue, Nov 13 2018, 6:53 pm
Cilantro is awful but I love dill anything.

NovelConcept

Post Tue, Nov 13 2018, 6:56 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:

I also think that the music at simchas is WAY too loud. It physically hurts my ears, wears me out, and makes me want to run away instead of staying for dessert and dancing. I can't even talk to the person who's face is one foot away from mine, even if we're both yelling. Why is this acceptable?

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please people, TURN IT DOWN!!!!!!!!!

mommy3b2c

Post Tue, Nov 13 2018, 6:58 pm
tigerwife wrote:
My unpopular opinion is that fashion is an acceptable creative hobby. It doesn’t make you shallow or a blind follower any more than cooking or art does. And following fashion is not the same as following every trend and keeping up with the Joneses.

This. I love fashion but I don’t blindly follow every trend. And I am definitely a very “out of the box” person.

dovebird

Post Tue, Nov 13 2018, 7:06 pm
My unpopular opinion is that toilet paper gets hung under and not over. Apparently everyone likes it the other way. I don’t care about research and blah blah, it just makes more sense to hang it my way! LOL

keym

Post Tue, Nov 13 2018, 7:09 pm
mommyla wrote:
The Doona is a stupid stroller. Good concept, poor execution. It’s too short, too heavy, won’t fit in a shopping cart (I always feel bad for the moms shlepping them in the supermarket while pushing the cart with the other hand). And so expensive!

Ooh. I totally agree. It also doesn't have a basket underneath so you have to buy the Doona diaper bag, etc.

boots

Post Tue, Nov 13 2018, 7:09 pm
My unpopular opinion is that there is too much separation in most orthodox communities between boys and girls and it is not healthy or natural.

Last edited by boots on Tue, Nov 13 2018, 7:13 pm; edited 1 time in total

oneofakind

Post Tue, Nov 13 2018, 7:12 pm
My unpopular or maybe popular opinion is that every teacher and Rebbi needs training on discipline and how to handle kids with behavior problems. Even special education teachers with degrees (from normal colleges) have virtually no training how to handle a kid with Adhd. I was shocked when I heard this.

keym

Post Tue, Nov 13 2018, 7:16 pm
I have another opinion.
Families should aim for neat houses. But this organizing craze with organizing equipment etc is driving me crazy, not necessary, and creating yet another superwoman pressure. Its not enough the toys have to be picked up, the house has to be gleaming. And that's not enough, everything must have a Place with nothing out of Place. And if there is a paper on the table and not in the Paper Box, you are a Lousy Housekeeper with failure branded across your forehead. Who needs it?

Sebastian

Post Tue, Nov 13 2018, 7:22 pm
sky wrote:
Yes! Someone who is struggling financially told me she will buy this for her daughter. And I was like please don’t. She lives 3 flights up. Babysitter will be down a flight of steps. She may not even be taking a car to the babysitter. Can’t go shopping normally. Babies out grow so quickly. It’s heavy and a few people have told me they hate the tires. I was saying please save your money for a carriage she can use for years.

Another my own opinion: graco carriages are great. They can be both a snap and go (some weight the same, same fold) and then can become a car carriage. And you have a toddler and infant you can switch off. I used mine for years. And they are cheap!
Double schwinns are amazing walking strollers. They can hold lots of kids. Lasts years. But because it’s so cheap people are scared off.

ita about the doona! It doesn't even have a basket.

I have a graco car stroller that was originally my snap and go lol. I paid $50 for it.

NovelConcept

Post Tue, Nov 13 2018, 7:24 pm
dovebird wrote:
My unpopular opinion is that toilet paper gets hung under and not over. Apparently everyone likes it the other way. I don’t care about research and blah blah, it just makes more sense to hang it my way! LOL

I think it makes more sense to not use toilet paper at all...

Not like that sounds, lol.
Tissue! I was reared on the roll, but later in life I wizened up.

Toilet paper is a real pain in the.... nevermind.

Ravenclaw

Post Tue, Nov 13 2018, 7:33 pm
boots wrote:
My unpopular opinion is that there is too much separation in most orthodox communities between boys and girls and it is not healthy or natural.

That’s interesting. Can you expand? Am curious.

Ravenclaw

Post Tue, Nov 13 2018, 7:34 pm
NovelConcept wrote:
I think it makes more sense to not use toilet paper at all...

Not like that sounds, lol.
Tissue! I was reared on the roll, but later in life I wizened up.

Toilet paper is a real pain in the.... nevermind.

Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter

Laiya

Post Tue, Nov 13 2018, 7:36 pm
Homework in younger grades is not beneficial, pits parents against their kids, and we'd all be better off without it.

preciousmommy

Post Tue, Nov 13 2018, 7:43 pm
Laiya wrote:
Homework in younger grades is not beneficial, pits parents against their kids, and we'd all be better off without it.

Yes! I hate homework. I do understand that it's helpful for my children to practice their reading skills, but I really don't have the time to help them in my short and hectic afternoons, and they need a chance to relax and play before it's time for supper, showers, and bed!

sky

Post Tue, Nov 13 2018, 7:54 pm
Laiya wrote:

I think that’s the popular opinion.

Personally I like doing homework with kids. Like kriyah or math practice or reading or spelling. It gives us some forced one on one and insight in theit day. Like it makes me stop and connect. Everyone thinks I’m crazy.

rim

Post Tue, Nov 13 2018, 8:09 pm
Passion fruit, almost thought it was me writing my thoughts.

oakandfig19

Post Tue, Nov 13 2018, 8:11 pm
1) I believe in ghosts (or whatever you want to call it)

2) men *can* control themselves. They do not need to have relations alll the time.

3) on a similar note, we have extremely low standards for men in Jewish communities. They're basically portrayed as babies who constantly want to have s*x

4) tznius and shomer negiah/yichud do not prevent assualt. People who abuse don't care about halacha.

5) Gluten is not healthy for anyone (at least in large quantities)

6) the kollel lifestyle is unsustainable

7) high standards of living in frum communities are completely unsustainable

8) there's nothing wrong with shells

9) anti vaxxers aren't evil murderers.

Last edited by oakandfig19 on Tue, Nov 13 2018, 8:18 pm; edited 1 time in total

happymom123

Post Tue, Nov 13 2018, 8:16 pm
ra_mom wrote:
My unpopular as a foodie opinion is that cilantro tastes like soap and raw celery not that much better.

Cilantro tasting like soap is genetic! You aren't crazy Wink
Page 5 of 18   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6 16  17  18  Next Recent Topics