Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Shabbos and Supper menus
Need a brisket recipe

Cheiny

Post Tue, Nov 13 2018, 10:21 pm
Anyone have a good brisket recipe that’s not sweet/no fattening or sugary ingredients? Thanks!

ahuva06

Post Tue, Nov 13 2018, 10:26 pm
This recipe is from yeshiva meon hatorah's cookbook and is really delicious

4 lb. brisket
1 cup chicken broth
1 cup jellied cranberry sauce
1/4 cup flour
1 large onion, sliced
4 cloves garlic, chopped
3/4 tablespoon dried rosemary
salt and pepper to taste
12 oz baby bella mushrooms, cleaned and halved.

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

Whisk broth, cranberry sauce, and flour together.

Pour into a large roasting pan. Add sliced onions, chopped garlic and rosemary.

Season roast with salt and pepper. Place on top of onions in roasting pan. Spoon cranberry mixture over the meat.

Bake covered 2 1/2 hours.

Add mushrooms and bake covered another 45 minutes.

Cool. Slice thinly across the grain.

Reheat in sauce before serving.

Enjoy!

Cheiny

Post Thu, Nov 15 2018, 9:35 pm
ahuva06 wrote:
This recipe is from yeshiva meon hatorah's cookbook and is really delicious

4 lb. brisket
1 cup chicken broth
1 cup jellied cranberry sauce
1/4 cup flour
1 large onion, sliced
4 cloves garlic, chopped
3/4 tablespoon dried rosemary
salt and pepper to taste
12 oz baby bella mushrooms, cleaned and halved.

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

Whisk broth, cranberry sauce, and flour together.

Pour into a large roasting pan. Add sliced onions, chopped garlic and rosemary.

Season roast with salt and pepper. Place on top of onions in roasting pan. Spoon cranberry mixture over the meat.

Bake covered 2 1/2 hours.

Add mushrooms and bake covered another 45 minutes.

Cool. Slice thinly across the grain.

Reheat in sauce before serving.

Enjoy!

Thanks so much, looks great, but I’d like something without much sugar (cranberry sauce).

PinkFridge

Post Thu, Nov 15 2018, 9:40 pm
My recipe calls for ketchup but I've used tomato sauce. Or you can use diluted tomato paste.
Take large sheet of foil. Slice onion. Place roast on top. Smear about 1/4 c. or so of ketchup on top of it. Sprinkle a few Tbsp. of onion soup mix on top. Cover tightly, bake for a few hours.

amotheranon

Post Thu, Nov 15 2018, 10:15 pm
Brisket
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
Water
One sauteeted onion chopped
Onion powder
Garlic powder
Salt
Pepper
Paprika
Carrots chopped

Rub brisket with dry spices. Add onions on top. Put in pan. Add the soy sauce and balsamic vinegar. Add more water to make sure it's covered. Add carrots. Cover tightly. Bake at 350 for 5-6 hours.

serenity8843

Post Fri, Nov 16 2018, 3:43 am
This one is diet friendly!

Bubbe’s Brisket
https://www.kosher.com/recipe/.....-5023

From Kosher.com...I made it and it came out so soft and succulent. The flavor is great, but sorta basic...like not complex. I think sugary ingredients give more depth of flavor. Though I've found that soy sauce, which is low calorie/low sugar pairs well with briskets.

jewishmom6

Post Fri, Nov 16 2018, 9:01 am
amotheranon wrote:
Brisket
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
Water
One sauteeted onion chopped
Onion powder
Garlic powder
Salt
Pepper
Paprika
Carrots chopped

Rub brisket with dry spices. Add onions on top. Put in pan. Add the soy sauce and balsamic vinegar. Add more water to make sure it's covered. Add carrots. Cover tightly. Bake at 350 for 5-6 hours.

I do something similar its called Savory brisket that goes something like this, I dont remember exactly off hand..
I make a mixture of 1 T. onion powder, 1 T. garlic powder, chili powder, salt, paprika.
rub brisket with spices. put in pan and bake for 1 hr then make a mixture of 1/2 C water and 1/2 C soy sauce and pour over brisket bake additional 2 hrs.
My husband loves this one, its to the spicey side.

Cheiny

Post Fri, Nov 16 2018, 11:46 am
serenity8843 wrote:
This one is diet friendly!

Bubbe’s Brisket
https://www.kosher.com/recipe/.....-5023

From Kosher.com...I made it and it came out so soft and succulent. The flavor is great, but sorta basic...like not complex. I think sugary ingredients give more depth of flavor. Though I've found that soy sauce, which is low calorie/low sugar pairs well with briskets.

Thanks so much, but what can I use instead of beef broth?

Cheiny

Post Fri, Nov 16 2018, 11:47 am
jewishmom6 wrote:
I do something similar its called Savory brisket that goes something like this, I dont remember exactly off hand..
I make a mixture of 1 T. onion powder, 1 T. garlic powder, chili powder, salt, paprika.
rub brisket with spices. put in pan and bake for 1 hr then make a mixture of 1/2 C water and 1/2 C soy sauce and pour over brisket bake additional 2 hrs.
My husband loves this one, its to the spicey side.

This looks great. Thank you!

jewishmom6

Post Fri, Nov 16 2018, 12:05 pm
Cheiny wrote:
This looks great. Thank you!

this is the recipe. I found it online.
Savory Brisket:⠀ ⠀ Ingredients:⠀ 3 lb. beef brisket⠀ ½ tbsp chili powder⠀ ½ tbsp garlic powder⠀ ½ tbsp onion powder⠀ ½ tbsp ground black pepper⠀ ½ tbsp brown sugar⠀ ½ tbsp meat tenderizer, optional (if you don’t use, cook meat for extra 40 min)⠀ ¼ cup soy sauce⠀ 1 cup water⠀ 14oz can crushed pineapple or pineapple tidbits⠀(I skip this) ⠀ Preheat oven to 350°F. In a medium bowl, mix chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, black pepper, brown sugar and meat tenderizer. Season brisket on all sides with spice mixture and place in roasting pan. Bake for 1 hr. Remove from oven and lower temp to 300°F. Mix soy sauce and water and pour liquid into pan. Sprinkle meat with crushed pineapple. Cover pan tightly with foil and bake for 2 ½ more hours. Cool for 30 min before slicing.

levlongnprosper

Post Sat, Nov 24 2018, 7:22 pm
My go to's are:

Smokey Brisket

- rub brisket with salt, black pepper, smoked paprika (not regular), onion powder, and garlic powder.

- In an ideal world, sear it on all sides first, but half the time I skip this.

- Put in in the oven on a lower temp covered at first, and uncovered at the end until you reach your desired doneness.

Onion Brisket

- Sear brisket (or other cut of meet)

- In pan, sautee vidalia onions until they become soft and start to caramelize

- Layer carrots and potatoes at the bottom of a baking dish or slow cooker, and put the meat on top, and cover with the onions

- If desired, drizzle a little silan on top (or maple syrup) or add in a few dried dates. It doesn't make the dish taste sweet but adds a certain fullness to the flavor

- cook in oven or slow cooker until desired doneness
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Shabbos and Supper menus