Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers
Little girl with thin & fine but easily tangled hair

Emotional

Post Wed, Nov 14 2018, 7:55 am
What can I do? Her hair gets knotted so easily, and when I try to brush it ever so gently, her screams could wake the dead. I've tried a bunch of detanglers, with results that are only so-so... any tried-and-true, foolproof methods?

amother
Chartreuse

Post Wed, Nov 14 2018, 8:10 am
Cut it into a short bob with bangs, you wont have to brush it, And she'll probably look adorablae!!! Its so easy for little girls.

Emotional

Post Wed, Nov 14 2018, 8:14 am
amother wrote:
Cut it into a short bob with bangs, you wont have to brush it, And she'll probably look adorablae!!! Its so easy for little girls.

Her hair is already fairly short, although I suppose a trim might help... but what about "bed-head"? She wakes up with a tangled mush in the back. Her hair so fine.

amother
Chartreuse

Post Wed, Nov 14 2018, 8:40 am
In the morning, spray her hair with water and brush it with the softest brush.

amother
Lemon

Post Wed, Nov 14 2018, 8:56 am
Emotional wrote:
Her hair is already fairly short, although I suppose a trim might help... but what about "bed-head"? She wakes up with a tangled mush in the back. Her hair so fine.

I've got the same problem with my daughter, but nothing has worked either. None of the detangling products work for her.

Having her brush her hair multiple times a day has helped a bit, specifically brushing her hair thoroughly before going to bed. I'm open to a magic trick though, so I'll be following this thread .

ra_mom

Post Wed, Nov 14 2018, 9:03 am
We us No More Tangles spray every morning.
As soon as she's out of the bath her hair needs to be brushed out and back.
Brush before bed too.

amother
Taupe

Post Wed, Nov 14 2018, 9:11 am
Would a conditioner help?

Emotional

Post Wed, Nov 14 2018, 9:12 am
Thanks all!

amother
Bisque

Post Wed, Nov 14 2018, 9:23 am
Braids, if it's long enough. Loose braid for sleeping, tighter during the day.

workout geek

Post Wed, Nov 14 2018, 10:04 am
You can try a brush called Wet Brush. It works much better for my girls. It is a gentler brush. You can order from Amazon or I just got one from Nordstrom Rack.

Redbird

Post Wed, Nov 14 2018, 11:18 am
Another vote for the Wet Brush. You can also buy special satin pillowcases that prevent tangling.

singleagain

Post Wed, Nov 14 2018, 11:04 pm
Brush her hair starting at the bottom and working your way up to the roots. I have very long, very fine hair and if I brush from the top of my head down, that just makes the knots bigger and hurt more. Also I do it in smaller sections. In sections and from bottom up helps reduce knots

singleagain

Post Wed, Nov 14 2018, 11:07 pm
Also, I hold a section and only brush below my fist.... I find it helps reduce tugging at the scalp
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers