Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
A meme that vaccine-choice proponents can appreciate
Previous  1  2

gittylove

Post Wed, Nov 14 2018, 5:16 pm
People die from strept throat too. A vaccine for strept throat is in the process of being developed.
I vaccinate but all the extra shots they are putting into our children is getting insane.
I keep pushing off the flu shot for my 3 year old. Its mandatory in nyc for children under 5! Why?

I thought measels is dangerous! But I'm not old enough to knw forsure.

I'm sure in 2035 they will convince my kids strept shot will prevent deaths. As they say with the flu.

Sebastian

Post Wed, Nov 14 2018, 5:23 pm
amother wrote:
The point is that the actual disease confers real immunity. This would mean that mothers who had the actual disease will give birth to children who are immune for the first few months at least. I don't know if that's true of immunized mothers, but I doubt it.

Childhood diseases were mostly all benign in childhood.

So why did they create the vaccines? It's a very simple answer, and has a haskama from no less than King Solomn, the wisest of all men:

לִשְׂחוֹק עֹשִׂים לֶחֶם וְיַיִן יְשַׂמַּח חַיִּים וְהַכֶּסֶף יַעֲנֶה אֶת הַכֹּל.

I had chicken pox as a kid. My immunity to chicken pox is low. I doubt I will be passing down any immunity to my kid.

southernbubby

Post Wed, Nov 14 2018, 6:06 pm
penguin wrote:
Probably because their pharmaceutical lobby is not as powerful as the one in the US.
Do they give all the other ones given in the US?

could also be that government run medicine skimps on care

amother
Jade

Post Wed, Nov 14 2018, 6:09 pm
southernbubby wrote:
could also be that government run medicine skimps on care

It's the only vaccination that isn't given. I think they genuinely don't consider it necessary.

amother
Cerise

Post Wed, Nov 14 2018, 7:49 pm
its called "strep" as in "strep throat"
antibiotics cure strep. You go to the doctor, have a strep test, and then take oral antibiotics for like ten days. Then it is cured.

Viruses like measles do not have a cure. Antibiotics do not cure or address these viruses.

measles can have serious side effects like permanent deafness, male sterility, and other serious consequences

(vaccine choice? seriously? like pro choice abortion r"L? that meme is anti vaccination and pretty illiterate even undermines those few people who may have a necessary reason not to vaccinate tho then ya they have to stay in during an outbreak etc)

you do not have to give a flu vaccination if you don't want to -- tho as for NY law I have no idea
not every illness is the same
for example, I cannot imagine people are not vaccinating against polio!

amother
Burgundy

Post Wed, Nov 14 2018, 8:02 pm
amother wrote:
fyi its called "strep" as in "strep throat"

Strep/strept is short for streptococcus bacteria that we test for by swabbing the throat.

nchr

Post Wed, Nov 14 2018, 8:06 pm
Chayalle wrote:
My sister told me she has a patient whose child recently had the chicken pox - under her eyelids, in her throat, etc...the poor child really suffered, and the mother regrets not having given the vaccine.

My younger sister was also very sick when she had the chicken pox, at age 2 1/2. I still shudder to remember it. When I gave my kids the vaccine, it was not because I work. It was because of the memories I associate with the pox.

I had a very bad case of the chicken pox when I was four years old.. had them down my throat, in my eye and in my urethra; however, I think my case was considered pretty average since I wasn't covered in too many pox, just had them in bad locations.

Still, measles is much heavier for the immune system to handle - it completely overwhelms the immune system through infecting the dendritic cells and subsequently the lymphatic system and t and b cells so it spreads all over the body and to multiple organs. Therefore, when ppl compare it to chicken pox, it doesn't do the virus justice because it's worse. A lot of ppl have had easy experiences with chicken pox so they brush off measles, but that is simply not the case.

nchr

Post Wed, Nov 14 2018, 8:07 pm
amother wrote:
Strep/strept is short for streptococcus bacteria that we test for by swabbing the throat.

The correct short form is Strep, but I see why ppl could be mistaken. Doesn't matter.

FranticFrummie

Post Wed, Nov 14 2018, 8:14 pm
I had whooping cough when I was 9, and I can still remember very clearly that feeling of my chest collapsing and not being able to get air in. I seriously thought I was going to die. I can imagine that must be what water-boarding feels like.

If they ever come up with a vaccine for mono and glandular fever, I would give it to DD in a heartbeat. I got it 11 years ago, and it caused a rare condition called myalgic encephalomyelitis. Basically, it's like chronic fatigue, times 100, and it never goes away.

imasoftov

Post Thu, Nov 15 2018, 3:49 am
InnerMe wrote:
To me the meme looks more like satire, actually mocking the anti vaccine population.

poeslaw

southernbubby

Post Thu, Nov 15 2018, 6:00 am
nchr wrote:
I had a very bad case of the chicken pox when I was four years old.. had them down my throat, in my eye and in my urethra; however, I think my case was considered pretty average since I wasn't covered in too many pox, just had them in bad locations.

Still, measles is much heavier for the immune system to handle - it completely overwhelms the immune system through infecting the dendritic cells and subsequently the lymphatic system and t and b cells so it spreads all over the body and to multiple organs. Therefore, when ppl compare it to chicken pox, it doesn't do the virus justice because it's worse. A lot of ppl have had easy experiences with chicken pox so they brush off measles, but that is simply not the case.

Somehow the body usually mounts an immune response to measles or the virus can only live in the body for a period of time after incubating. It is not rabies or Ebola or HIV. Of course in fetuses, infants, and people who are sick or malnourished, the immune response to measles can come too late.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics