Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Giving Gifts
Leap Pad for 8 year old

ttbtbm

Post Wed, Nov 14 2018, 5:46 pm
I was thinking of getting a leap pad for my 8 year old niece. Does anyone have one for their 8 year old? Would you recommend? Can she use as is or will my sister in law have to buy more games for it? I don’t want to put my sister in law to have to spend money on my gift to make it usable for her daughter.

amother
Pewter

Post Wed, Nov 14 2018, 5:50 pm
I have it. You need to buy expensive games for it. My kids are not happy with one game, I had to buy a lot of expensive games for the leap pad.

FranticFrummie

Post Wed, Nov 14 2018, 8:20 pm
DD had one at that age, and she got 4 games with it. She played with it CONSTANTLY! Oh my gosh, she loved that thing so much, she carried it with her everywhere. She didn't even notice that they were learning games, she was just having fun.

If you have a Facebook page for your town, you can always see if there is anyone willing to sell games cheap, or trade with you when the games get too boring. Sometimes you can get used games on Craig's List or at Game Stop stores.

Do NOT buy games off of Ebay. There are fake ones being made in China, and there's no actual game on them, it's just a piece of plastic shaped like a game, with the counterfeit label on it.

amother
Ecru

Post Wed, Nov 14 2018, 9:39 pm
Thank you. It seems like it may end up being more of a burden to my sil.

asmileaday

Post Wed, Nov 14 2018, 10:40 pm
Do not get it. I got it and returned it. Every game was at least $10.
Instead I got the Amazon fire for kids. There should be great deals now around black Friday. It comes with a 1yr subscription to Amazon freetime which gives access to thousands and thousands of videos games and books.

ttbtbm

Post Wed, Nov 14 2018, 11:10 pm
asmileaday wrote:
Do not get it. I got it and returned it. Every game was at least $10.
Instead I got the Amazon fire for kids. There should be great deals now around black Friday. It comes with a 1yr subscription to Amazon freetime which gives access to thousands and thousands of videos games and books.

SIL isn’t into iPads and all that. I figured a leap pad would be ok because it’s an educational toy. I’m not sure she will be happy with the fire.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics