Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Has the anti-vax R' Yeshiva changed his position this week?
1  2  Next

amother
Seafoam

Post Wed, Nov 14 2018, 8:50 pm
Has the anti-vax Rosh Yeshiva changed his position this week?

I cant believe that this Rosh Yeshiva is silent now that there are babies in the ICU.

The Rosh Yeshiva either chose to continue being anti-vax and is giving reasons, or he became pro-vax.

Someone has to know what one of the biggest Gdolim of all time is saying in regard to the Measles Outbreak this week.

Notsobusy

Post Wed, Nov 14 2018, 9:39 pm
I haven't heard anything. But according to the Lakewood Scoop, someone who had measles was in a BMG bais medrash and exposed everyone who was there at the time. BMG put out a notice letting people know they may have been exposed and urging people who are not vaxxed to please go get vaccinated immediately.

I just realized you might not be referring to the BMG rosh yeshiva who is anti-vax. But I haven't heard anything about him or the other rosh yeshiva.

Sebastian

Post Wed, Nov 14 2018, 9:43 pm
I assume he didn't.

amother
Seafoam

Post Wed, Nov 14 2018, 9:46 pm
Notsobusy wrote:
I just realized you might not be referring to the BMG rosh yeshiva who is anti-vax. But I haven't heard anything about him or the other rosh yeshiva.

WHAT?

I wasnt aware that there IS an Anti-Vax Rosh Yeshiva in Lakewood, NOW, being that R' Uren Reich, R' Shneur Kotler's son on law, is on tape begging people to trust their doctors and vaccinate, taken this week I believe. I saw it on Yeshivaworld.

OOTBubby

Post Wed, Nov 14 2018, 9:50 pm
There is an anti-vax RY in BMG, but there is another one who I think OP is referring to; one of the most prominent gedolim in the US.

amother
Seafoam

Post Wed, Nov 14 2018, 9:59 pm
OOTBubby wrote:
but there is another one who I think OP is referring to; one of the most prominent gedolim in the US.

YUP

No Imamothers from that community who would know what he has said this week? Im sure hes being asked about it.

amother
Seashell

Post Wed, Nov 14 2018, 10:51 pm
amother wrote:
YUP

No Imamothers from that community who would know what he has said this week? Im sure hes being asked about it.

A family member of mine spoke to his wife last week and she said she can't tell us what to do since there was lots of pressure from the schools and health Dept. but the rosh yeshiva is very very against it even in this outbreak.

Honestly guys....don't u think u have brought this outbreak up enough times already???? I think it's majorly out of hand....the sinas chinam that has erupted has been utterly disgusting. The way ppl are acting is sick.

amother
Coral

Post Wed, Nov 14 2018, 11:21 pm
I hate to say this, but is it going to take an anti-vaxxer's close family member dying of measles to change their tune? My MIL said she had a friend whose 3-year-old died of measles because she wasn't vaccinated- an otherwise healthy child. My MIL told me that she doesn't know how her friend could live with herself.

Last edited by amother on Fri, Jul 12 2019, 10:14 am; edited 1 time in total

ra_mom

Post Wed, Nov 14 2018, 11:37 pm
amother wrote:
Has the anti-vax Rosh Yeshiva changed his position this week?

I cant believe that this Rosh Yeshiva is silent now that there are babies in the ICU.

The Rosh Yeshiva either chose to continue being anti-vax and is giving reasons, or he became pro-vax.

Someone has to know what one of the biggest Gdolim of all time is saying in regard to the Measles Outbreak this week.

Nobody is changing their stripes.

amother
Seafoam

Post Wed, Nov 14 2018, 11:40 pm
amother wrote:
A family member of mine spoke to his wife last week and she said she can't tell us what to do since there was lots of pressure from the schools and health Dept. but the rosh yeshiva is very very against it even in this outbreak.

Honestly guys....don't u think u have brought this outbreak up enough times already???? I think it's majorly out of hand....the sinas chinam that has erupted has been utterly disgusting. The way ppl are acting is sick.

I hope you realize no one is being catty here. This frustration and disgust didnt come about because the party planner chose awful flowers for the wedding, and it ruined all the pictures.

This is a life and death situation and no one knows whose newborn will suffer next..

amother
Red

Post Thu, Nov 15 2018, 5:07 am
I’d be very surprised if he changed his opinion just because of an outbreak. There’s an outbreak every few years. He’s been around a long time.

amother
Seafoam

Post Thu, Nov 15 2018, 7:16 am
amother wrote:
I’d be very surprised if he changed his opinion just because of an outbreak. There’s an outbreak every few years. He’s been around a long time.

Were there as many cases of Measles at one time, in the last 50 years?

amother
Chocolate

Post Thu, Nov 15 2018, 1:34 pm
BMG is not anti vax, one of the roshei yeshivas wife is anti.

amother
Burlywood

Post Thu, Nov 15 2018, 1:48 pm
If you truly believe understand that vaccinations contain many toxic chemicals and DNA from humans and various animals, because you have done the research and read the unbaised studies (as opposed to the biased studies funded by pharmaceutical companies) you do not change your mind, because the dangers of vaccination remain.

Do some children get very sick and die from "vaccine preventable diseases"? Yes, unfortunately. [Some children are killed in car crashes caused by people who text and drive. Why aren't we seeing huge campaigns about that?]

Do some children get very sick and some die from vaccines? Ask the mothers of girls who got Gardasil and dies. Okay, "WE" are not giving Gardasil. Ask the mothers how saw their children deteriorate after each vaccination, while being told by the doctors not to worry, it's not the shots.

There are at least 4% of the adult population who are not immune because their vaccines wore off. Is everyone being tested? No. But you want me to put my child at risk.

I am willing to keep my child home. But I do think an immuno-compromised child needs to be home because of all those adults, not because of my child. (It happens my children were partially vaxxed when I was younger and more naive. But I mostly refused all the newer shots. My son claimed that my husband sneaked some of the younger ones out of school to the doctor, because some of them have Hepatitis or HIB on their charts and I know I didn't give those.)

My point is I hope those who know what they are talking about are not changing their minds because of hysteria which is being promoted by Rich Roberts and other pharmaceutical executives.

keym

Post Thu, Nov 15 2018, 1:52 pm
amother wrote:
If you truly believe understand that vaccinations contain many toxic chemicals and DNA from humans and various animals, because you have done the research and read the unbaised studies (as opposed to the biased studies funded by pharmaceutical companies) you do not change your mind, because the dangers of vaccination remain.

Do some children get very sick and die from "vaccine preventable diseases"? Yes, unfortunately. [Some children are killed in car crashes caused by people who text and drive. Why aren't we seeing huge campaigns about that?]

Do some children get very sick and some die from vaccines? Ask the mothers of girls who got Gardasil and dies. Okay, "WE" are not giving Gardasil. Ask the mothers how saw their children deteriorate after each vaccination, while being told by the doctors not to worry, it's not the shots.

There are at least 4% of the adult population who are not immune because their vaccines wore off. Is everyone being tested? No. But you want me to put my child at risk.

I am willing to keep my child home. But I do think an immuno-compromised child needs to be home because of all those adults, not because of my child. (It happens my children were partially vaxxed when I was younger and more naive. But I mostly refused all the newer shots. My son claimed that my husband sneaked some of the younger ones out of school to the doctor, because some of them have Hepatitis or HIB on their charts and I know I didn't give those.)

My point is I hope those who know what they are talking about are not changing their minds because of hysteria which is being promoted by Rich Roberts and other pharmaceutical executives.

So to ask directly. Do you live in an affected area? Have you kept your children home from school and playgroup and out of the groceries, playgrounds, shuls etc the past 3-4 weeks?

Mevater

Post Thu, Nov 15 2018, 1:55 pm
Like Rabbi Dr Akiva Tatz said on the tape I heard, when a large group of people stop vaccinating, and 20 years later they realize that all the suspected associated conditions and diseases occur in EQUAL numbers to unvaccinated children, there will no longer be an anti-vax movement, and everyone will vaccinate.

FranticFrummie

Post Thu, Nov 15 2018, 1:56 pm
Has anyone been to BMG lately? I haven't been in a while, but when I was on a tour the study hall was so crowded, the boys were packed in like sardines. You could not have gotten another shtender in there if you turned it sideways and stuck it in a corner. It was a major fire hazard, I have no idea how they'd get everyone out in an emergency.

Now imagine someone with measles in that room for hours and hours a day?

Are other yeshivas crowded like this?

amother
Black

Post Thu, Nov 15 2018, 1:59 pm
amother wrote:

Wow. Your dh feels a need to secretly vaccinate your kids and you're proud of the state of affairs.

mommy9

Post Thu, Nov 15 2018, 2:14 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:
Has anyone been to BMG lately? I haven't been in a while, but when I was on a tour the study hall was so crowded, the boys were packed in like sardines. You could not have gotten another shtender in there if you turned it sideways and stuck it in a corner. It was a major fire hazard, I have no idea how they'd get everyone out in an emergency.

Now imagine someone with measles in that room for hours and hours a day?

Are other yeshivas crowded like this?

According to the letter they put out it wasn't a student of theirs who has measles.
Also if it's been a while, theyve built more buildings and it's probably not as crowded now

keym

Post Thu, Nov 15 2018, 2:16 pm
mommy9 wrote:
According to the letter they put out it wasn't a student of theirs who has measles.
Also if it's been a while, theyve built more buildings and it's probably not as crowded now

The date on the letter is Nov 6- election date. So going into BMG could have been those "get out and vote" people.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics