Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Yet another mother in need of stroller advice

amother
Blonde

Post Tue, Nov 13 2018, 4:18 pm
So here's the situation. My baby is four months old, since he's born we've just been using a doona since we live in an area where we drive everywhere. It's been amazing. BUT at some point we will need to buy a regular full size stroller as he'll outgrow the doona soon... I know it's going to be an investment as good strollers aren't cheap. I'm willing to invest money if its a worthwhile stroller that can also serve as a double for when I have another child (Gd willing) I'm leaning toward an uppababy vista but I heard the bassinet and toddler seat dont configure so well together... so would need to order the car seat part seperately, making it an even bigger expense. Thoughts?

mha3484

Post Tue, Nov 13 2018, 4:21 pm
I have the 2015 vista I only use it as a single and I like it alot but two big drawbacks are 1) the straps are a huge pain to adjust and 2) the toddler seat is smallish. I had a child outgrow it a few months before his 3rd birthday which was fine for me because I dont keep them in the stroller much past that age but others will do differently. Hes pretty average height also.

Not sure I would buy it a second time if I were to get a new stroller.

flowerpower

Post Tue, Nov 13 2018, 5:09 pm
What are you looking for exactly? A stroller for the car? Will you walk on the street with it?

serenity8843

Post Tue, Nov 13 2018, 5:16 pm
I have the Bugaboo Donkey. It's definitely a huuuge investment yet it's such a pleasure to use. Right now I use it for just one child and have a super convenient side basket next to the bassinet. When the time comes and I'll need to use it as a double stroller, it can expand to create space for another seat. I actually saw a mom with twin babies today and she had the bugaboo donkey.

trixx

Post Tue, Nov 13 2018, 5:46 pm
You have time til you outgrow the Doona. They say one year but it goes by height/weight. We were in it for a good few months past that but baby was also little.

amother
Blonde

Post Fri, Nov 16 2018, 12:38 pm
Only seeing these responses now.. thanks everybody. I need it to be a regular convenient stroller, not too hard to take into a car, to have extra storage space so I can take it with me shopping (this is the one annoying aspect to the doona) And potentially one that can be converted into a double if I need. Also not something that costs more than a month of my rent. Probably a lot for me to expect...

flowerpower

Post Fri, Nov 16 2018, 12:56 pm
I have a Cruz and very happy with it. I use of for walking and for traveling. It has a big basket on the bottom. If you buy last years carriage then it’s cheaper. Check out Albeebaby.com. They have good sales sometimes.

amother
Seafoam

Post Fri, Nov 16 2018, 1:21 pm
As a mother who bought many strollers I can tell you if I were to buy a new stroller in your situation I would buy an Uppababy vista , I would use it as a single and as a double just for long trips !
Why? Because you can add a bassinet or second seat (which I did) I didn’t use the bassinet for long so I wouldn’t count it as a deal maker/breaker but realize that You must put the bassinet in the bottom seat which is not practical for the crying baby spitting out the pacifier and me bending down every few steps to put it back in .
Second ,, the bottom seat goes up to 32 lb and it is smaller than the top one . It means younger sibling must be in the bottom the whole time.
Third ,, because of the weight distribution steering Uppababy as a doble is quite hard !
What I did was buy a side by side for long trips and left the Uppababy as a single!
It’s really up to you , vista goes for 850 around and Cruz for 500 but Cruz cannot be converted to a double.
And then again consider that the board might be useful for short trips .
👍🏻 May you make the right choice !

Sebastian

Post Fri, Nov 16 2018, 2:04 pm
Vista is expensive and horrible for the car since it is large and heavy. It makes an awful double. I would look into more light weight strollers and get a separate double

I have a vista a d love it but I m not in the car much

Sebastian

Post Fri, Nov 16 2018, 2:11 pm
Look into the britax b agile

amother
Tangerine

Post Fri, Nov 16 2018, 2:15 pm
If you are not concerned with the status symbol aspect (which is a personal decision), you could look at the graco uno2duo.

amother
Tan

Post Fri, Nov 16 2018, 2:33 pm
I have a Vista and use it as a double and I’m very happy with it. You do need to buy the upper seat adapters to put the bassinet on top of you want to use as a double or if you want the children facing back to back. If you put the bassinet on the bottom then you need to by lower seat adapters, which I don’t have. I Love the bassinet and my baby slept in it for a reolpng time. I don’t find it heavy at all especially since I had City Select before. Mine is 2017 and straps are very easy to adjust and baby and toddler are both very happy in it.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics