Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Has anyone used Midwood Orthodontics (Dr Klapper & Zarabi)?

momto8

Post Sun, Mar 09 2014, 11:35 am
Has anyone used Dr. Klapper or Dr. Zarabi for their kid's braces? What was your experience with them and also how do they compare pricewise to other orthodontists? I have no idea what braces today should cost.

amother

Post Sun, Mar 09 2014, 7:39 pm
Has anyone used them or heard of them? I'm having a very hard time finding out any info on them.

amother

Post Sun, Mar 09 2014, 8:57 pm
I used Klapper many years ago.
He seems to be a perfectionist. I had my braces on for seven years- I was boiling mad! My teeth were not soooo bad so I don't know what took so long. My siblings had enough after a few years and insisted that he take them off even if it's not done. Be prepared to wait forever in his office.
I have no idea about price - that was my parents domain.
Good luck!

manhattanmom

Post Sun, Mar 09 2014, 9:23 pm
I am passed that stage myself (got my braces off at least 15 years ago) and DID NOT use Dr. Klapper. But a few of my friends did--and all I remember is that they had braces on for YEARS. As in, I was the first in my class to have braces (on in 4th grade, off in 6th, wore retainers, etc. for a long time afterwards.) And the second 2 girls in my class to have braces were with Dr. Klapper--got them on in 5th grade, and off in High School--like literally on for 7-8 years. which really should NOT be. Now, yes, in 20 years, lots of things can change and hopefully there have been advances in orthodontics as well, but it did seem excessive.

Isn't it funny, the little things we remember.

amother

Post Sun, Mar 09 2014, 9:49 pm
I dont live in Brooklyn. My DD has terrible teeth. I went to 2 different practices for quotes. Each orthodontist had their own solution to the problem. We decided to go with the one that costs slightly more. He was flexible with the payment plan. We pay less every month for a looooooong time. Our total cost is $5,500. I heard that in Brooklyn it is cheaper.

amother
Blue

Post Sat, Jan 16 2016, 11:11 pm
Anyone used them recently?

amother
Blue

Post Mon, Feb 22 2016, 8:44 pm
Bump

amother
Azure

Post Sat, Nov 17 2018, 6:49 pm
Anyone used Dr Zarabi recently or has any info to offer?

amother
Sienna

Post Sat, Nov 17 2018, 8:41 pm
My sisters have their braces by him and they are very happy
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics