Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Rav Elyashiv on Vaccine

amother
Floralwhite

Post Fri, Nov 16 2018, 2:06 pm
See the book
The Value of Human Life
Risk in Medicine and Surgery: A halachic approach

Page 158 159

If you want to get a PDF of this page from Rabb Tatz's book referenced above email
allisfromabove@gmail.com
I will email you the PDF

amother
Floralwhite

Post Fri, Nov 16 2018, 2:14 pm
If you really need to know right now
Rav Eliashiv told Rabbi Akiva Tatz
It is permitted to force the family [not physically] but by giving a firm and clear ruling that they are obliged to give the vaccine.
The reason is that it is considered normal.
Today, throughout the world, even in the far reaches of the third world, children are vaccinated against these diseases. It is normal practice.
Rav Elyashiv went so far to say that you do not immunize these children it would be considered negligence
Remember:
Rav Elyashiv was POSEK HADOR
Speak with appropriate respect!

amother
Seashell

Post Sat, Nov 17 2018, 9:51 pm
Interesting
What does he say about vaccinating a child who had vaccine reactions after every vaccine. It was small reaction but notisable until he ended up in ER from a booster needing medical intervention such as nebulizer and steroids loads of tears and prayers for recovery. Now the school threaten to kick him out if he doesn’t get mmr booster and this after the school agreed to except medical exempt. He attended that school for 6 years. Now what just because I cried and prayed and he was recovered doesn’t mean I should push him in harms way AGAIN for his body it’s not good. What does your RAV say about that

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Sat, Nov 17 2018, 10:02 pm
Even if you have a valid reason not to vaccinate you still need to keep your child home during an outbreak. For his safety and the safety of everyone else. And rav elyashiv is not just "her" rav, he was the accepted posek hador. That makes him your rav too.

amother
Bronze

Post Sat, Nov 17 2018, 10:05 pm
amother wrote:
Interesting
What does he say about vaccinating a child who had vaccine reactions after every vaccine. It was small reaction but notisable until he ended up in ER from a booster needing medical intervention such as nebulizer and steroids loads of tears and prayers for recovery. Now the school threaten to kick him out if he doesn’t get mmr booster and this after the school agreed to except medical exempt. He attended that school for 6 years. Now what just because I cried and prayed and he was recovered doesn’t mean I should push him in harms way AGAIN for his body it’s not good. What does your RAV say about that

So sorry you have to go through that. you definitely are in a tough position. You might just have to wait it out and homeschool until the situation settles down. Obviously you can’t vaccinate but the school needs to to do what is best for the majority. we are all davening to hakadosh baruch who that he should please remove this source of machlokes quickly

amother
Ivory

Post Sat, Nov 17 2018, 10:07 pm
amother wrote:
Interesting

I am no posek, but I would imagine that if a child had documented negative reactions from vaccines, that would be a different situation. I’m sorry; I think your child’s school should accept a medical exemption in this case. Though they may be justified in asking him to stay home during an outbreak.

I am very pro-vaccine, by the way.

amother
Lawngreen

Post Sat, Nov 17 2018, 10:11 pm
amother wrote:
I am no posek, but I would imagine that if a child had documented negative reactions from vaccines, that would be a different situation. I’m sorry; I think your child’s school should accept a medical exemption in this case. Though they may be justified in asking him to stay home during an outbreak.

I am very pro-vaccine, by the way.

I was just going to say that. I would think most schools should accept a medical exemption, but not when there is an outbreak. It's unfortunate, since the child did nothing wrong, but other children cannot be endangered in this situation.

Last edited by amother on Thu, Jul 11 2019, 7:35 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Seashell

Post Sat, Nov 17 2018, 11:19 pm
Sorry to pop your bubble saddlebrown but I only worship HASHEM. This rav is not running my life I am. Therefore all decision will be made by me according to my GOD’s ruling. I already got slapped in face by following someone advices/rulings and as I see my life changed forever not theirs. I am very careful as to were my kids go even vaccinated ones. I do absolutely no play dates. Last time I had play date all my kids came down with coxsaki virus and there is no vaccine for that you know. And if his school has outbreak I will be first to keep him home far from illness.

amother
Seashell

Post Sat, Nov 17 2018, 11:21 pm
amother wrote:
So sorry you have to go through that. you definitely are in a tough position. You might just have to wait it out and homeschool until the situation settles down. Obviously you can’t vaccinate but the school needs to to do what is best for the majority. we are all davening to hakadosh baruch who that he should please remove this source of machlokes quickly

Thankyou. I also pray and ask hashem to stop the outbreak. I am terrified from all illnesses. Even common cold

teachkids

Post Sun, Nov 18 2018, 6:48 am
There is a big difference between a real medical exemption and every other type of exemption.
Real medical exemption= this child has a reaction to vaccine and it can't be isolated to an ingredient in just that vaccine so we can't vaccinate him. That is 100% valid and the type of child we need herd immunity for. If there's an outbreak he may be asked to stay home, but he shouldn't be forced to be vaccinated.
Fake medical exemption: my neighbor had a reaction or his sister with an egg allergy had a reaction so I'm afraid to vaccinate him.
"Religious" exemption: I am afraid to vaccinate so I found a Rabbi who said I don't have to.
Those last 2 categories are the ones everyone is annoyed at because they're the ones that defeat herd immunity and put the kids from the first category into danger.

ROFL

Post Sun, Nov 18 2018, 9:25 am
My son had a terrible reaction to measles and DPT Do a blood test he may have the titers proving that he is covered.
I did immunize my other children after my son had a horrible reaction.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics