Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
Anyone with info on lev tahor
1  2  Next

Zehava

Post Sat, Nov 17 2018, 8:55 pm
Please anyone with any personal info on lev tahor send an email to this address. I’m trying to get this into mainstream media and this woman is willing to help me. You can stay anonymous by creating a new email address or emailing from one that doesn’t have your name in it.

fgold035@gmail.com
TIA!

crust

Post Sat, Nov 17 2018, 9:09 pm
What type of info would be helpful?

Zehava

Post Sat, Nov 17 2018, 9:29 pm
crust wrote:
What type of info would be helpful?

Anything really but personal accounts, and personal accounts of encounters with members would great.
As well as names and contact info of former members and those with inside information.

imasoftov

Post Sun, Nov 18 2018, 2:01 am
Zehava wrote:
Please anyone with any personal info on lev tahor send an email to this address. I’m trying to get this into mainstream media and this woman is willing to help me. You can stay anonymous by creating a new email address or emailing from one that doesn’t have your name in it.

fgold035@gmail.com
TIA!

I'm sure it's someone who would make good use of the information, and furthermore I don't have any info, but if I did, I think I'd want to know who I was emailing it to before I did so.

Zehava

Post Sun, Nov 18 2018, 6:31 am
imasoftov wrote:
I'm sure it's someone who would make good use of the information, and furthermore I don't have any info, but if I did, I think I'd want to know who I was emailing it to before I did so.

And you’d be able to pm me and ask
This is for the amothers who want to remain anonymous

Simple1

Post Sun, Nov 18 2018, 6:38 am
Of course this cult and its abuse has to stop!!! But I would be wary of bringing it to the mainstream media. The media and it's followers have a way of twisting things to suit their agenda. Even more so with anything connected to Orthodox Jews. Bringing it to the media is the last thing we need.

Zehava

Post Sun, Nov 18 2018, 6:43 am
Simple1 wrote:
Of course this cult and its abuse has to stop!!! But I would be wary of bringing it to the mainstream media. The media and it's followers have a way of twisting things to suit their agenda. Even more so with anything connected to Orthodox Jews. Bringing it to the media is the last thing we need.

IMO this is pikuach nefesh
And if anyone out there can help we cannot afford to pass it up out of fear for our image.

iyar

Post Sun, Nov 18 2018, 6:58 am
Simple1 wrote:

This.

There are people within the orthodox Jewosh community with the funds and connections to put an end to this terrible situation if they want to.
I don't think it's wise to involve the media.
The mainstream media is busy enough letting everyone know that orthodox Jews are a danger to society because they don't vaccinate their children.

Ravenclaw

Post Sun, Nov 18 2018, 7:01 am
Simple1 wrote:

Following the scandal with the Catholic Church, Ben Shapiro eloquently explained the situation by saying that when an institution calls out evil inside its walls, that is its best defense. Look, it’s not like mainstream media doesn’t know about this. As long as other Orthodox Jews are covering up for them and protecting them though... we are basically showing that we do not disapprove. When we call out evil in our own institution, we are showing that our institution is not evil and recognizes when something must be done.
I feel the same way about moleatation btw. Know it’s off topic, but it’s not like non-Jews don’t know that abuse happens in our communities... our silence, however, is deafening.

Simple1

Post Sun, Nov 18 2018, 7:13 am
Ravenclaw wrote:
Following the scandal with the Catholic Church, Ben Shapiro eloquently explained the situation by saying that when an institution calls out evil inside its walls, that is its best defense. Look, it’s not like mainstream media doesn’t know about this. As long as other Orthodox Jews are covering up for them and protecting them though... we are basically showing that we do not disapprove. When we call out evil in our own institution, we are showing that our institution is not evil and recognizes when something must be done.
I feel the same way about moleatation btw. Know it’s off topic, but it’s not like non-Jews don’t know that abuse happens in our communities... our silence, however, is deafening.

There are many, many other ways to call out evil. And more effective than the media - which BTW is in the business of entertaining, not helping.

And we're not covering it up - it's in our own publications.

Last edited by Simple1 on Sun, Nov 18 2018, 7:18 am; edited 1 time in total

Simple1

Post Sun, Nov 18 2018, 7:16 am
iyar wrote:
This.

There are people within the orthodox Jewosh community with the funds and connections to put an end to this terrible situation if they want to.
I don't think it's wise to involve the media.
The mainstream media is busy enough letting everyone know that orthodox Jews are a danger to society because they don't vaccinate their children.

Exactly what I was thinking. In fact, with vaccines, there are people calling it out WITHIN our community without going mainstream.

Zehava

Post Sun, Nov 18 2018, 7:17 am
Simple1 wrote:
There are many, many other ways to call out evil. And more effective than the media - which BTW is in the business of entertaining, not helping.

This is what they say about molestation in the Frum community. This is what they say about everything they’d like to keep under wraps.
But the fact is we don’t have the kind of time to wait and find out if indeed it is more effective.
Media makes people aware and puts pressure on politicians.
Are you waiting for the media to report on a mass suicide?

crust

Post Sun, Nov 18 2018, 7:44 am
Zehava wrote:
Are you waiting for the media to report on a mass suicide?

This
And as if it was not in the media yet. There are documentaries and youtube videos and whatnot all over about them.

Can we do something constructive

iyar

Post Sun, Nov 18 2018, 7:46 am
Just to be clear, I’m not advocating against contacting law enforcement authorities, child protection services, health care professionals and the like when there are problems within our community that require intervention.
The media isn’t the way to go. There is far more likelihood of causing harm than of producing any benefit.

crust

Post Sun, Nov 18 2018, 8:19 am
iyar wrote:
Just to be clear, I’m not advocating against contacting law enforcement authorities, child protection services, health care professionals and the like when there are problems within our community that require intervention.
The media isn’t the way to go. There is far more likelihood of causing harm than of producing any benefit.

It seems like people dont get the severity so let's try to put this in perspective.

Would you say the same before Leiby was found? Would you say the media isn't the way to go?

I remember telling someone that day; "you are naive if you think that this child is simply lost.
Someone has him and with every minute that passes there might not be whom to save."

This person, someone big in the Jewish media, told me; "you are exaggerating. He probably fell asleep under a garbage can."

I'm writing this because I think that you are underestimating the power of a cult. They were programmed to obey.

What will you say if one day you hear that they obeyed when told to commit suicide?
Don't think this is an exaggeration.

crust

Post Sun, Nov 18 2018, 8:30 am
Zehava wouldn't Mrs. Teller be a good source? Or the excommunity that helped her?

Zehava

Post Sun, Nov 18 2018, 8:53 am
crust wrote:
Zehava wouldn't Mrs. Teller be a good source? Or the excommunity that helped her?

She would
Is there any way to contact them?

leah233

Post Sun, Nov 18 2018, 9:10 am
crust wrote:
It seems like people dont get the severity so let's try to put this in perspective.

Would you say the same before Leiby was found? Would you say the media isn't the way to go?

I remember telling someone that day; "you are naive if you think that this child is simply lost.
Someone has him and with every minute that passes there might not be whom to save."

This person, someone big in the Jewish media, told me; "you are exaggerating. He probably fell asleep under a garbage can."

I'm writing this because I think that you are underestimating the power of a cult. They were programmed to obey.

What will you say if one day you hear that they obeyed when told to commit suicide?
Don't think this is an exaggeration.

How would the media have helped with Leiby?

More importantly a mass hostile media focus , many of whom will be motivated by anti Semitism (it would be naïve to think otherwise here too) could very possible end up as the cause of a mass suicide.

Remember the Branch Davidians and other such cults who ended up that way after a major media focus and "rescue" attempts.

Sebastian

Post Sun, Nov 18 2018, 9:13 am
Crust all the publicity with leiby may have been why Levi aron panicked and killed him
If the cult leaders fear they're gonna lose control they may plan a mass suicide

Last edited by Sebastian on Sun, Nov 18 2018, 9:18 am; edited 1 time in total

crust

Post Sun, Nov 18 2018, 9:17 am
Sebastian wrote:
Crust all the publicity with leiby may have been why Levi aron panicked and killed him

Thats what I was telling the person I spoke with.
On the contrary, if not for the media, he could've taken off with him to no mans land.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics