Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
Anyone with info on lev tahor
Previous  1  2

shshsh

Post Sun, Nov 18 2018, 12:22 pm
Machla Abramowitz from Mishpacha is in touch with many ex-members and would probably also have a really good opinion on he mainstream media question.

smile12345

Post Sun, Nov 18 2018, 12:38 pm
crust wrote:
Thats what I was telling the person I spoke with.
On the contrary, if not for the media, he could've taken off with him to no mans land.

I'm confused.
So do you think it should be in the media or not?
If you think being in the media caused him to get killed then obviously it's better without. At least they would have still had the chance to save him.
The same could also be applied to this situation as well - perhaps we need behind the scenes lobbying with the right people, in order to save them.

pause

Post Sun, Nov 18 2018, 12:43 pm
To me, it sounds like mainstream media is not the way to go. Panic and hysteria never help anyone. A fully thought-out strategy must be planned by cult-busting experts and executed by those are capable of seeing it through.

crust

Post Sun, Nov 18 2018, 12:50 pm
smile12345 wrote:
I'm confused.
So do you think it should be in the media or not?
If you think being in the media caused him to get killed then obviously it's better without. At least they would have still had the chance to save him.
The same could also be applied to this situation as well - perhaps we need behind the scenes lobbying with the right people, in order to save them.

Its a catch 22 situation.

In this case, they are already in the media so, unfortunately, this is not really a question anymore.

In 2018, how will you lobby with the right people without media coverage?
I'm not trying to be right here so dont take this as an argument. I'm trying to be practical.

Save whatever is possible is what I say.

Last edited by crust on Sun, Nov 18 2018, 12:57 pm; edited 2 times in total

flowerpower

Post Sun, Nov 18 2018, 12:51 pm
Zehava wrote:
IMO this is pikuach nefesh
And if anyone out there can help we cannot afford to pass it up out of fear for our image.

MainstreAm media won’t help a bit. Just add a lot more anti semitism. Go to askanim and don’t leave until they come up with something instead.

crust

Post Sun, Nov 18 2018, 12:53 pm
flowerpower wrote:
MainstreAm media won’t help a bit. Just add a lot more anti semitism. Go to askanim and don’t leave until they come up with something instead.

Like?

crust

Post Sun, Nov 18 2018, 12:55 pm
pause wrote:
To me, it sounds like mainstream media is not the way to go. Panic and hysteria never help anyone. A fully thought-out strategy must be planned by cult-busting experts and executed by those are capable of seeing it through.

True. Can you show Zehava to the bolded?

Sebastian

Post Sun, Nov 18 2018, 12:55 pm
They need to hire thugs to smuggle the children out. Having the Gov involved just makes them flee. Including the children who were married off. The adults are a lost case unless they leave on their own.

crust

Post Sun, Nov 18 2018, 12:59 pm
Sebastian wrote:
They need to hire thugs to smuggle the children out. Having the Gov involved just makes them flee. Including the children who were married off. The adults are a lost case unless they leave on their own.

Right. Who's the they? We are all equally mechiyuv to save them. Zehava is really ready.

Can you show Zehava how to do the bolded?

smile12345

Post Sun, Nov 18 2018, 12:59 pm
Has anyone here been in touch with those who orchestrated the Teller rescue and are trying to bring more awareness?

There's likely more of a chance of success if there is a united effort with those who have been in the trenches, rather than everyone doing their own thing.

crust

Post Sun, Nov 18 2018, 1:04 pm
smile12345 wrote:
Has anyone here been in touch with those who orchestrated the Teller rescue and are trying to bring more awareness?

There's likely more of a chance of success if there is a united effort with those who have been in the trenches, rather than everyone doing their own thing.

Meanwhile, nobody is doing anything yet. All Zehava needs is info.

bunchagirlies

Post Sun, Nov 18 2018, 4:01 pm
Teller rescue was mainly orchestrated by her brother from montreal, the ex-cult members (the converts) and some people from NY. YES-SATMAR!!!!!!
Mrs. Teller and her children are hidden away, as their lives are in danger, should Lev Tahor,and the children's father, try to come get them.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics