Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
I hate hate cooking!
1  2  Next

amother
Forestgreen

Post Sun, Nov 18 2018, 3:37 pm
Who can sympathize with me that they also do not find any enjoyment in cooking for their family.

Cheiny

Post Sun, Nov 18 2018, 3:39 pm
amother wrote:
Who can sympathize with me that they also do not find any enjoyment in cooking for their family.

I don’t mind cooking at all. What I’d suggest is, try focusing on easy recipes (you can make delicious stuff with minimal ingredients and work) and that might alleviate some of your pressure.

FranticFrummie

Post Sun, Nov 18 2018, 3:54 pm
How do you feel about cleaning?

I'd be happy to double recipes for all of my cooking, and trade you if you come clean my house. I'm a really good cook, but a lousy housekeeper.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Sun, Nov 18 2018, 3:56 pm
I actually enjoy cleaning!

thunderstorm

Post Sun, Nov 18 2018, 3:57 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:
How do you feel about cleaning?

I'd be happy to double recipes for all of my cooking, and trade you if you come clean my house. I'm a really good cook, but a lousy housekeeper.

Me too!

thunderstorm

Post Sun, Nov 18 2018, 3:58 pm
amother wrote:
I actually enjoy cleaning!

I guess it's one or the other . I love to cook and hate housekeeping and cleaning .

amother
Seashell

Post Sun, Nov 18 2018, 4:02 pm
I'm with you. I believe I should only be responsible to make supper twice a week. I could handle that, more than that is a chore.

What I try to do is cut back where I can. For example, it will never be fun for me to make salad dressings like it is for some of my friends. Therefore, my fridge is stocked with some beautiful black bottles Wink

Raisin

Post Sun, Nov 18 2018, 4:09 pm
I like cooking. In theory. But I dislike the mess it makes and I do not like cleaning. Also I really find it hard to come up with things everyone in my family likes and will eat.

4pom

Post Sun, Nov 18 2018, 4:09 pm
Thought I disliked cooking but this thread made me realize I dislike cleaning the kitchen after with all the dishes etc... If someone else cleaned Id gladly cook...
or maybe its just both. Id clean if someone else cooked too.
But Id prefer cooking. Its both together that I get overwhelmed by.
I also have a challenging kitchen to work in.
Is this off point?
If someone else cleaned up for you would you dislike it yoo?

amother
Green

Post Sun, Nov 18 2018, 4:15 pm
amother wrote:

Im with you!! I really hate it.
I wish it was practical to hire a cook rather than a cleaning lady.
I dont love cleaning but I dont have that dread for it that I do for cooking.
But I really value preparing a hot meal for my family so im always in a state of guilt for not doing it or grumblin when I am.

teachkids

Post Sun, Nov 18 2018, 4:16 pm
I love cooking, but avoid it cuz I can't deal with cleaning up after...

amother
Mustard

Post Sun, Nov 18 2018, 4:36 pm
amother wrote:

Me! Me! Me! Me! I absolutely hate cooking. I wish I can afford a cook - that's a dream of mine.

ahuva06

Post Sun, Nov 18 2018, 4:40 pm
thunderstorm wrote:
I guess it's one or the other . I love to cook and hate housekeeping and cleaning .

Me too!

isrmss91

Post Sun, Nov 18 2018, 4:56 pm
I am with you. I cook because I have to, not because I want to. Take out is way to expensive and not very healthy with all the additives and salt.
When I cook for Shabbos, I make extra, so I can serve the leftovers the rest of the week. otherwise, I will just make things that can be pretty much thrown in a baking dish in the oven. I will make chicken and rice in one baking dish. Chicken with potatoes, Pasta with sauce. easy stuff, that doesn't have me staying in the kitchen long. I guess I also dislike the resulting mess. I try to put spices, etc away, but somehow, things tend to stick around.

sub

Post Sun, Nov 18 2018, 5:10 pm
Me. I’d rather just buy something. When they were younger I did it because I had to. Luckily for me hubby and kids love it and they have taken over

Raisin

Post Sun, Nov 18 2018, 5:16 pm
in reality I like eating and I like hot food so pretty much cook a fresh meal daily. (hate most leftovers and only eat them so they won't got to waste)

Wasted on husband who is baffled as to why I don't just serve cereal and milk.

daagahminayin

Post Sun, Nov 18 2018, 6:33 pm
I pretty much like cooking, I just don’t like:

- cooking while little people keep asking me for things
- cooking while never knowing how much time I have before a baby wakes up or needs to be fed/changed
- cooking while holding baby
- cooking with time constraints e.g when it’s almost dinner or Shabbos and I have to make a few things
- cooking when I’m so hungry and have to wait however long it is until the food is ready!

Fox

Post Sun, Nov 18 2018, 6:37 pm
I hate cooking to an almost pathological degree. If I suddenly became independently wealthy, the only major change I would make in my lifestyle would be to have my meals prepared.

I'm not sure why I hate it so much, but I certainly empathize!

zaq

Post Sun, Nov 18 2018, 6:39 pm
Cooking is like sewing on buttons: something I do out of necessity while wearing a T-shirt emblazoned with “I’d rather be reading”.

etky

Post Mon, Nov 19 2018, 12:49 am
I love cooking and everything to do with the kitchen - anything food related actually.
Cooking is really my main creative outlet so in that way it's almost like a hobby too.
I'm enjoying it so much more now that the kids are older - I really relate to the poster who talked about the difficulty of cooking under pressure with little kids around.
I don't really mind the clean up per se and I do it as I cook so there's never really a huge mess to clean up. Still, it does make the cooking process longer and much more tiring.
I need a sous chef and another section of kitchen where he/she could operate.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen