Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars
Pressure cooker/ Instant Pot
Previous  1  2

Gerbera

Post Tue, Nov 20 2018, 1:33 pm
smileforamile wrote:
Following. I'm thinking of getting the 6-in-1 (I don't need the yogurt maker) in the 6 quart for my family of 4. I just want to know if it's worth it.

Also, do you think it will go on sale for $50 on Amazon (or anywhere) on Black Friday or Cyber Monday?

The 8 quart is in the Walmart Canada flyer for Black Friday for $49.98 cdn dollars - so may very well be in the US as well.

smileforamile

Post Tue, Nov 20 2018, 4:53 pm
zohar wrote:
I just made a delicious, fall off the bone chicken last night. It too under 1/2 hr. From start to finish. The chicken practically melts in your mouth!

Recipe, please? What size Instant Pot, and what setting?

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Tue, Nov 20 2018, 5:41 pm
It went to $49 Prime Day and even afterwards, so likely it will be Black Friday/Cyber Monday as well unless they decide to heavily discount a different model. They definitely will have one on Amazon for cheap; they do every year.

smileforamile

Post Tue, Nov 20 2018, 6:11 pm
Hashem_Yaazor wrote:
It went to $49 Prime Day and even afterwards, so likely it will be Black Friday/Cyber Monday as well unless they decide to heavily discount a different model. They definitely will have one on Amazon for cheap; they do every year.

Thanks. That's what I'm hoping for.

seeker

Post Tue, Nov 20 2018, 7:50 pm
mha3484 wrote:
I think people compare the two appliances because they both offer a certain convenience. A crockpot lets you put your ingredients in and come the end of the day a hot meal is ready. The Instant Pot lets you make a meal in a shorter time period then your standard cooking options. So I think some people ask if I have one do I need the other.

I think the reason for comparing is that slow cooker actually is one of the features instant pot lists, and that's what a crock pot does. Also, they both supposedly can let you put your food in at the beginning of the day and have it ready at the end - just with different mechanisms, if I understand correctly. So it's a valid question, and the answer is "hopefully no" because the crock pot does it by maintaining a low heat for a long time, while the instant pot if I'm understanding correctly (I don't have one) can be programmed to wait, and then cook, and then keep warm for given amounts of time.

zohar

Post Tue, Nov 20 2018, 8:05 pm
Mommyg8 wrote:
Chicken is the one thing I haven't made successfully yet. Can you share your recipe? Thanks!

I based it on a crock pot chicken recipe I make.
Two large onions in half rings on bottom of pot.
Four chicken thighs
Season with salt, pepper, garlic and onion powder and paprika. (I used smoked paprika this time.) For instapot, I added 1 cup chicken broth. (Not necessary in crock pot). Used poultry setting 13 min. 10 minutes npr. Remove chicken from pot. Change setting to saute and add bartenura gnocchi to gravy. Cook 3-5 minutes.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars