Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
My Baby Wears Cloth Diapers. AMA.
Previous  1  2  3

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Mon, Nov 19 2018, 7:07 pm
amother wrote:
Do cool that you use cloth! I don't but my parents used only cloth until their youngest child. I myself was never in a disposable.
We used to have the cutest diaper pins and rubber panties!

I think my mother still has them somewhere!

Oh I don't use those cloth diapers! Mine have snaps and are used basically like a disposable aside for washing. (my pocket diapers get stuffed straight out of the dryer before I pack them away) Some people use prefolds and covers which is similar but not quite the same. Even cloth has changed with time.

aliavi

Post Wed, Nov 21 2018, 7:28 pm
amother wrote:
Personally prefer menstrual cup but for postpartum I did use some. I also used disposable depending on situation (disposable pads are easier for on the go)

Thumbs up for the menstrual cup. I had various issues with pads, including irritation.

aliavi

Post Wed, Nov 21 2018, 7:31 pm
happy12 wrote:
Do you use reusable pads for yourself?

Not the OP here, but I have used cloth pads and liners and wasn’t so impressed with the bulk. They also don’t attach with sticky stuff so can be something to consider for Shabbos for some.

amother
Teal

Post Thu, Nov 22 2018, 1:02 am
I use cloth diapers. Cotton prefolds inside a pocket diaper as a cover. The diapers were less than $2 each and the covers were $4 each. My cloth diapered kid potty trained almost 1 year younger. I switched because I was spending over $200 month on diapers (3 kids with sensitive skin in natural diapers) and I could think of much better things to do with $200 a month. I spent $200 to start, between diapers, covers, a pail and liners for the pail.

Cotton doesn't get a buildup, so no rashes. I use a lot of bleach. My laundry bill didn't go up. I had less leaks and stopped washing as much bedding. I wash about 2 times a week. The extra soap was negligible. It's easier than I though it would be and I should have done it years ago

Anonymous because I'm a little evangelical about this IRL and my friends will recognize me.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics