Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Embarrassing hobbies you won't tell anyone about
  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

amother
Babypink

Post Wed, Nov 21 2018, 8:00 pm
I would never tell anyone IRL that I write fanfiction. What are your embarrassing hobbies?

amother
Pumpkin

Post Wed, Nov 21 2018, 8:04 pm
Lol and I read way too much fan fiction Wink

amother
Rose

Post Wed, Nov 21 2018, 8:05 pm
Pray tell, what is fanfiction? And where do you publish?

oneofakind

Post Wed, Nov 21 2018, 8:06 pm
I read murder mysteries. Nothing wrong with that but it doesn't fit my persona.

thunderstorm

Post Wed, Nov 21 2018, 8:11 pm
How can someone be ashamed of their hobbies? It's my biggest pride and joy. I let everyone know how much time I spend doing what I love doing instead of doing what I need to do.

zaq

Post Wed, Nov 21 2018, 8:41 pm
Imamother, though I wouldn’t dignify it by calling it a hobby. It’s more of a weakness.

amother
Rose

Post Wed, Nov 21 2018, 8:47 pm
My hobby is home improvement projects. But why would that be embarrassing?

amother
Coffee

Post Wed, Nov 21 2018, 8:51 pm
I also write fanfiction! And nobody knows, not even dh (he knows I read fanfiction. He just doesn't know I write it).

zaq

Post Wed, Nov 21 2018, 8:52 pm
amother wrote:
My hobby is home improvement projects. But why would that be embarrassing?

It’s ok. You don’t HAVE to have an embarrassing hobby. It won’t help get you a better seat in a restaurant or anything.

ectomorph

Post Wed, Nov 21 2018, 8:55 pm
I read fanfiction and way too many forums

amother
Babypink

Post Wed, Nov 21 2018, 8:56 pm
amother wrote:
I also write fanfiction! And nobody knows, not even dh (he knows I read fanfiction. He just doesn't know I write it).

Same here. He doesn't even know I read it.

amother
Rose

Post Wed, Nov 21 2018, 8:56 pm
zaq wrote:
It’s ok. You don’t HAVE to have an embarrassing hobby. It won’t help get you a better seat in a restaurant or anything.

This is very funny in light of the fact that I do not step foot in restaurants....

amother
Babypink

Post Wed, Nov 21 2018, 8:59 pm
I am also embarrassed by the fact that I get so "into" entertainment that I spend time and energy writing about it...

Cheiny

Post Wed, Nov 21 2018, 10:45 pm
amother wrote:
I would never tell anyone IRL that I write fanfiction. What are your embarrassing hobbies?

Playing panda pop.

amother
Pumpkin

Post Wed, Nov 21 2018, 11:36 pm
Ok so now you amothers have to share your fanfiction!
What do you write about?
Some of stories I've read have been written really well. I often wonder why the author doesn't write their own things to publish.
You might have a real talent that you can take from being a hobby to something more

amother
Ivory

Post Thu, Nov 22 2018, 12:04 am
I'm a sports fan. I would be embarrassed if my more yeshivish friends knew.

Last edited by amother on Thu, Jul 11 2019, 11:29 am; edited 1 time in total

imasoftov

Post Thu, Nov 22 2018, 2:42 am
I might not post about all my interests (let's expand this to interests as I wouldn't call being a fan of something a hobby unless it requires something more active than sitting in front of the TV or even going to a stadium) to avoid being identified, there may be a lot of MO women in Jerusalem who can learn Gemara but if you add civil war re-enactor and harpsichord rebuilding (I lied about those) it wouldn't be hard to figure out who I am.

IRL I'm not embarassed by my interests although if you are bored by them I'll find something else to talk about because I realize that you might not be as awesome have other interests yourselfand if I've already said "awesome" (I'm also not embarassed to be a fan of John and Hank Green even though most of their audience much younger than me)

“Nerds like us are allowed to be un-ironically enthusiastic about stuff…nerds are allowed to LOVE stuff, like jump up and down in the chair, can’t control yourself, love it.” -John Green

amother
Lemon

Post Thu, Nov 22 2018, 3:27 am
I spend way more time daydreaming than I'd like to admit.

Also looking at pictures of pretty things on Pinterest.

Sleepymama

Post Thu, Nov 22 2018, 3:33 am
If any of you fan fiction writers happen to be laazov of the Frum Harry Potter fan fiction, you should be proud -that stuff is amazing!!

etky

Post Thu, Nov 22 2018, 3:34 am
imasoftov wrote:
I might not post about all my interests (let's expand this to interests as I wouldn't call being a fan of something a hobby unless it requires something more active than sitting in front of the TV or even going to a stadium)

I agree - to me a hobby implies something more active and perhaps creative, than a pastime or interest.
I have many of the latter - including a nice sized, carefully curated fragrance collection that I enjoy adding to (budget allowing Confused ) - but nothing that I feel qualifies as a full-fledged hobby.
I guess cooking/baking is the closest I get to that but I'm not sure it qualifies either because it is also a necessary household chore that I perform as part of everyday family life.
IDK, maybe I'm being too restrictive in my definition...
Page 1 of 6   1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics