Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
S/O against the rules to attack an ima?
Previous  1  2  3  4  5

smileforamile

Post Wed, Nov 21 2018, 9:57 am
Delete

Last edited by smileforamile on Thu, Jul 11 2019, 11:57 am; edited 1 time in total

jkl

Post Wed, Nov 21 2018, 10:01 am
Cheiny wrote:
Couldn’t agree more! It seems that many times any opinion which is reflective of the Torah, is met with disdain. Sad.

Couldn't agree more! Its seems that many times any opinion which is equally reflective of the Torah, introduced by MO (or non RW communities), it's met with disdain. Sad!

essie14

Post Wed, Nov 21 2018, 10:04 am
little neshamala wrote:
Not sure I agree. Ive often posted, clearly saying im right wing-yeshivish, and my post would be straight up leaning to the right, stick up for halacha, etc etc.

Ive never felt bashed. People always discuss the issue pretty respectfully with me.

Probably because I dont say ridiculous things and cloak them as halacha, while throwing in a "source" that I interpreted incorrectly.

Exactly!

southernbubby

Post Wed, Nov 21 2018, 10:19 am
It's interesting how angry, hurt, or excited people get over comments from people whom they will never meet IRL and who don't even know who they are.

This site is only interesting because of the variety of opinions that come from a variety of perspectives.

I can only appreciate recipes, due date forums, and stroller reviews so much.

I do come on here, however, for the eye opening ideas that come from so many sources.

I can't say that I 'get along' with all of the posters and one of them came out and said that she was largely anti-social and liked very few people so I realized that it wasn't only me.

I think that it is one thing to attack an idea and another to attack the person themselves. Cursing people out, calling them names, insulting them or their derech, or ascribing to them sentiments that they didn't express at all, make the thread derail, go south, and get locked because it then evolves from a discussion to a fight.

shabbatiscoming

Post Wed, Nov 21 2018, 3:28 pm
Cheiny wrote:
If you learn the halachot of lashon hara, you’ll know that “reading it on a FRUM website” is not evidence of anything and one is not allowed to accept as fact what they read in the press about a Jew. If you don’t like the facts you’d have to take it up with Hashem.
When I wrote that it was from a frum website, that was to make a point to seas because she said she never trusted the israeli authority. I was showing her that this wasnt a story about a frum family found on haaretz (a very anti religious site). That was my ownly point about where this story was found.

I was not taking that as evidence. But Im not going to get into this with you either as there is no way we are going to agree as I do not see talking about abuse, in any way shape or form, to be lashon hara. It has to be brought out into the open.

Seas

Post Wed, Nov 21 2018, 5:47 pm
little neshamala wrote:
Not sure I agree. Ive often posted, clearly saying im right wing-yeshivish, and my post would be straight up leaning to the right, stick up for halacha, etc etc.

Ive never felt bashed. People always discuss the issue pretty respectfully with me.

Probably because I dont say ridiculous things and cloak them as halacha, while throwing in a "source" that I interpreted incorrectly.

OK I'll bite. Callousness can be in the eye of the beholder, so there's no point in arguing whether I've been callous or not. But what you said can be objectively proven one way or another.

I challenge you to find one post where I misinterpreted sources and wrote ridiculous things that are not halacha.

Cheiny

Post Wed, Nov 21 2018, 11:00 pm
smileforamile wrote:
Breaking my own rule not to engage...

As I said before, I'm a conservative. I don't have any problem with calling them Dems, although I don't do it myself. I think that it can possibly come off sounding attacking, like "what are those Dems up to now?" And my previous comment was only that I knew you had started the thread because of the word use, not that I specifically had a problem with it.

But I'll be quiet now.

Not so fast. First of all, you specifically called me out for using the term “dems” as if it was used as an insulting label. It was a mere abbreviation. Second, you said I have attacked people personally. I asked you to provide some proof. You’ve provided none. And just for the record, me thinks you protest too much, and too many times, and I don’t buy it for a minute....(“I’m REALLY a conservative! Really I am! I’m a conservative, I say! A conservative!”)

Cheiny

Post Wed, Nov 21 2018, 11:04 pm
shabbatiscoming wrote:
When I wrote that it was from a frum website, that was to make a point to seas because she said she never trusted the israeli authority. I was showing her that this wasnt a story about a frum family found on haaretz (a very anti religious site). That was my ownly point about where this story was found.

I was not taking that as evidence. But Im not going to get into this with you either as there is no way we are going to agree as I do not see talking about abuse, in any way shape or form, to be lashon hara. It has to be brought out into the open.

Uh huh. That’s funny because I don’t recall the Chafetz Chaim stipulating that all the laws of lashon hara do not apply to certain topics, such as abuse. Your blanket statement that anything said (“in any way, shape or form,”) about alleged abuse is not subject to the rules of lashon hara is simply baseless and sinful. And I’d bet if someone made up allegations, or spread vicious gossip against a male relative of yours, c’v, you’d be singing a much different tune.

Rappel

Post Thu, Nov 22 2018, 12:14 am
southernbubby wrote:
It's interesting how angry, hurt, or excited people get over comments from people whom they will never meet IRL and who don't even know who they are.

This site is only interesting because of the variety of opinions that come from a variety of perspectives.

I can only appreciate recipes, due date forums, and stroller reviews so much.

I do come on here, however, for the eye opening ideas that come from so many sources.

I can't say that I 'get along' with all of the posters and one of them came out and said that she was largely anti-social and liked very few people so I realized that it wasn't only me.

I think that it is one thing to attack an idea and another to attack the person themselves. Cursing people out, calling them names, insulting them or their derech, or ascribing to them sentiments that they didn't express at all, make the thread derail, go south, and get locked because it then evolves from a discussion to a fight.

Hear, hear!

nomismommy

Post Thu, Nov 22 2018, 6:11 pm
Seas wrote:
OK I'll bite. Callousness can be in the eye of the beholder, so there's no point in arguing whether I've been callous or not. But what you said can be objectively proven one way or another.

I challenge you to find one post where I misinterpreted sources and wrote ridiculous things that are not halacha.

I don't care where you get your halacha from.. you could get it from an Instagram feed .. couldn't care less.
I just don't like the way you always try to make people feel like you know better (like you just did "prove me wrong"). You mention halacha when clealry noone asked for it. You reprimand when clearly noone cares to hear it .. why don't you just let people be. We're fine without your halacha comments. And if we're really such rasha's and do everything wrong I'm sure hashem will be dealing with it. He doesn't need you as his lawyer here
Page 5 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5 Recent Topics