Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Where to find cheap kids pjs??

Twizzlers

Post Sun, Oct 07 2007, 5:20 pm
well, after my nice little speech about only spending $10 per outfit for my one year old, I must confess that I have not had the same success with pajamas.
throughout the summer, I let him sleep in a onesie; he doesnt have a/c in his room, so it was kinda warm in there, but I think I need some real pajamas for the winter. wherever I look they are sooo expensive! (according to my standards anyway) I'm looking for like $5 pjs. (or less Smile ) I just cant see spending as much $$ as I spend on daily cloze on pjs that only his crib sees!

JMto2

Post Sun, Oct 07 2007, 5:24 pm
walmart and target have good buys on Pj's

greenfire

Post Sun, Oct 07 2007, 5:28 pm
hm ... kids r us ... just get a cheap sweatsuit for the winter and nice yummy socks ... clearance sales work for everything ... (almost) have gotten good ones at childrens place too for $5 - at old navy too ... you have to wait a month though for new winter stuff to go on sale ...

BrachaVHatzlocha

Post Sun, Oct 07 2007, 5:30 pm
If you go to Children's Place, many times they have savings when you buy a few. I have a 15% off coupon if you want to pick it up (or I can mail it to you) if it's kdai. Something like this might be k'dai http://www.childrensplace.com/.....nce=0 - it's $8 and change. Use a coupon, it's even less.

I have gotten warm PJs in Bargain Hunters on Avenue M when my kids were little (like sizes 12 M, 2T) - don't know if they still have them. Also, you can try ebay. Smile

In addition, there's a children's store on McDonald between O & P that has some inexpensive PJs. I've gotten there, as well. I know you live a little further away now, but it might be worth the drive.

Twizzlers

Post Sun, Oct 07 2007, 6:55 pm
thanx alot for all your suggestions. I went to childrens place online and checked out those stretchies - thanx Bracha! I have the 15% coupon too so it came out to $6.75 per peice, not too bad.

chocolate moose

Post Sun, Oct 07 2007, 7:13 pm
check out jcpennney's and discount places, but you can't be too fussy.

once dd slept in a suit with hollies on it..dh was angry!

Twizzlers

Post Sun, Oct 07 2007, 7:18 pm
chocolate moose wrote:

once dd slept in a suit with hollies on it..dh was angry!

funny u should mention that bec. childrens place had halloween ones that were $3 cheaper then the others! dh said he didnt care so I got them Smile
(I also got one of the "normal" ones for the times we sleep over by my inlaws (they would not be too pleased to see pumpkins and ghosts on their grandson Clown )

dewyt

Post Sun, Oct 07 2007, 7:31 pm
I got today really really cute onsies in size 2T carters from costco for like $7 they are really warm and fuzzy!.

gryp

Post Sun, Oct 07 2007, 7:40 pm
the cheapest pajamas I can think of is the Hanes sweatpants for $3.99 at Target. with a onesie or undershirt, it's all a kid needs. They also have matching sweatshirts for the same price, I buy them for the kids to lounge around the house in on cold mornings.

I usually buy the 2 for $14 deal on the Carters pajamas in Target but I can't find them lately. Confused

chocolate moose

Post Sun, Oct 07 2007, 9:53 pm
Twizzlers wrote:
funny u should mention that bec. childrens place had halloween ones that were $3 cheaper then the others! dh said he didnt care so I got them Smile
(I also got one of the "normal" ones for the times we sleep over by my inlaws (they would not be too pleased to see pumpkins and ghosts on their grandson Clown )

you can also turn the shirt inside out.

GAMZu

Post Sun, Oct 07 2007, 10:08 pm
It's a full stretchie- can't turn it inside out.
Hollies are plants. My DH wouldn't even realize something's off.
If there were santas, that's another story.

Pumpkins and ghosts (or peppers and snow dogs, as per my 3 year old) I wouldn't want on my kids' PJs.

chocolate moose

Post Sun, Oct 07 2007, 10:16 pm
GAMZu wrote:
IPumpkins and ghosts (or peppers and snow dogs, as per my 3 year old) I wouldn't want on my kids' PJs.

Awwww.....cute !!!!

DS would point to pumpkins, scowl, and mutter "tomato".

cheerios

Post Sun, Oct 07 2007, 11:53 pm
I go to Kid City in the Georgetown Shopping Mall (Ralph Ave. & Ave. K) and I stock up on the warm winter one piece pj's with feet for $2.88, and sometimes I pay $3-4 for a 2 piece. Not more.

mushmom

Post Mon, Oct 08 2007, 12:22 am
a good place to stock up on kids pjs is the Syms twice-yearly (or is it more?)Bash. I go there with Dh to buy all his suits and discovered that the kids section has decent clothing and lots of carters pj sets. With the Bash discounts, they come out very cheap. Theyre pretty soft and wash well. otherwise, ive nver been able to get cheapers than 10 a pair (toddler pjs) at old navy, tcp etc.

GAMZu

Post Sat, Oct 13 2007, 11:08 pm
Twizzlers, I know you live in BP- so this might help.
I've been to Kings recently on 18th and 65th and they have cute PJ's for $4 on their lower level.

Also Bergament Kids on 37th between 13/14 have $3-$4 pajamas for a one year old.

BlumaG

Post Sat, Oct 13 2007, 11:52 pm
kmart has blanket sleepers on sale for 2/$8.99

greenfire

Post Sun, Oct 14 2007, 12:06 am
I stopped with the footed sleepers when the kids feet started to sweat ... so a cotton sweat suit with sockies work much better ... and easier to go to the bathroom with too ...

amother

Post Mon, Oct 15 2007, 10:23 am
JMto2 wrote:
walmart and target have good buys on Pj's

Just yesterday I bought Carter's cute PJ for under $7 at Wallmart.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics