Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
How to help families that moved to the "wrong" community
Previous  1  2

amother
Forestgreen

Post Sat, Nov 24 2018, 9:09 pm
OP here. Thanks to all who replied with thought-provoking viewpoints. It's nice to hear what other people think. I'm going to bow out of the conversation now, since my feelings are hurt by the people who've decided I'm an awful person. I wish imamother threads didn't always turn into attack-the-OP. Wishing everyone a good week.

ProudMommie

Post Sat, Nov 24 2018, 9:22 pm
amother wrote:
OP here. Thanks to all who replied with thought-provoking viewpoints. It's nice to hear what other people think. I'm going to bow out of the conversation now, since my feelings are hurt by the people who've decided I'm an awful person. I wish imamother threads didn't always turn into attack-the-OP. Wishing everyone a good week.

For what its worth I think that you are a good and caring person asking a valid question because u r in a position to help others. Hatzlacha to you in all your efforts!

NovelConcept

Post Sat, Nov 24 2018, 9:54 pm
naturalmom5 wrote:
OP..... I apologize if this isn't helpful. I really need to vent about something thats upsetting me a lot today..

All I can tell you is that these families should come to Lakewood for a month... They will go back to their current community and kiss the ground and hug every single member of the community...

Have a wonderful Shabbos

I've been turning this thought over and over and over in my head, and I just can't come to answer, so I'll ask you directly:

Why do you live in Lakewood if you l hate it so much?

And more importantly, why did you become Jewish if you hate Jews so much?

naturalmom5

Post Sat, Nov 24 2018, 9:58 pm
My comment was mostly tongue-in-cheek... Smile

But you sincerely want an answer you can PM me

bestme

Post Sat, Nov 24 2018, 10:56 pm
I would see who the realtor is and see if the realtor is a person that I could explain the situation so that that the next time a family wants to move to the neighborhood he could explain exactly what the 2 neighborhoods are like so that people could understand their choice more better before buying a house. This will only work with certain types of Realtors.

amother
Puce

Post Sat, Nov 24 2018, 11:06 pm
Forget about the haters, OP. Some people just don’t get it. I think as said above, you should try to get these BTs together maybe at a Shabbos meal, or some other event so that they can get to know each other and form a support system. Are they in the right shul? Maybe you can direct them to a different one that would suit them better. Are their kids in the right school? Maybe you can introduce them to families from the other neighborhood that are more their speed. Then they may realize that should move to the other neighborhood on their own...

amother
Puce

Post Sat, Nov 24 2018, 11:07 pm
BTW, I’m a BT for many years and I still have a hard time with it /)
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics