Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
What do you do when your babysitter cancels?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 25 2018, 9:08 pm
My babysitter called to say she's sick and probably won't be able to watch my kids tomorrow. I'm totally stuck. I cannot take off from work. My DH just took off last week because of a different cancellation (someone else in the house had been sick and we didn't want the kids exposed). We can't find anyone to watch the kids.

What do you do when your babysitter cancels last minute?

Last edited by amother on Thu, Jul 11 2019, 11:33 am; edited 1 time in total

amother
Brown

Post Sun, Nov 25 2018, 9:17 pm
Post on a community message board or email list to ask for help.

Are you in the NY/NJ area or somewhere else where there are college students who live at home? Sometimes they only have classes a couple days a week, and might be able to help you out tomorrow.

Depending how many kids you need covered and when, is there a drop in babysitter who you could send to for the day? Yes, I know this is complicated with the measles issue.

seeker

Post Mon, Nov 26 2018, 1:36 am
Call all the friends and neighbors, shamelessly (or not) beg for help, and pray to be able to pay it forward someday!
But in the end sometimes it comes down to taking that day even when you "can't." Parenthood...not for those who favor stability in life. Depending on your line of work, sometimes a baby can be taken along if it's really rare and desperate...

cuties' mom

Post Mon, Nov 26 2018, 7:38 am
Depending on how much you're willing to pay and where you work, there is the option of back-up/drop in care. Bright Horizons is expensive, but they are designed for that situation and provide back up care throughout the country. I know they have a deal with chase bank and chase employees get free back up care. There may be other jobs that do that too.

Last edited by cuties' mom on Mon, Nov 26 2018, 7:56 am; edited 1 time in total

gibberish

Post Mon, Nov 26 2018, 7:51 am
I have a relationship with another babysitter in town whom I call whenever these situations come up
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics