Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Do you have a rotisserie oven?

amother
Ruby

Post Sun, Nov 25 2018, 10:41 pm
(Anon because I've been asking around...)

My parents have a great countertop rotisserie oven but it's discontinued and I really want one - my kids love rotisserie chicken and it's so easy! (I can borrow my parents' but it's a big shlep and a pain in the neck.) The ones that I've found have mixed reviews - the best one seems to be a Cuisinart but some reviews say that the rotisserie function isn't great and that's the whole point... I don't need a toaster oven. And the models on Amazon all seem to be made-in-China junk.

Anyone have one to recommend? TIA!

amother
Ruby

Post Mon, Nov 26 2018, 12:57 pm
Bump. Anybody?

ra_mom

Post Mon, Nov 26 2018, 1:01 pm
I slow bake "rotisserie" chicken in the oven and it comes out amazing. I prefer not to have extra appliances out on the counter.

watergirl

Post Mon, Nov 26 2018, 1:01 pm
I do!!!! I have the Ronco one and we use it at least three times a month. Other than the incredible chickens that come out of it (2 at a time!), it makes unbelievable roasts as well. I LOVE LOVE LOVE mine.

watergirl

Post Mon, Nov 26 2018, 1:03 pm
ra_mom wrote:
I slow bake "rotisserie" chicken in the oven and it comes out amazing. I prefer not to have extra appliances out on the counter.

We keep ours under the counter. The way that it rotates the chicken mix it incredible. And faster than slow cooking, plus the while meat is juicy!

amother
Ruby

Post Mon, Nov 26 2018, 1:23 pm
Thanks watergirl! I think the one my parents have is a Ronco and I can't find any Sad they seem to have been discontinued. The only ones I see are used (and expensive!) and obviously not going to buy that. Which model do you have?

Thanks ra_mom for the suggestion, I also don't love having clutter on the counter but I have room to store this one and it's one dinner that my entire family will eat without complaints, so it's worth it! I'll probably use it at least once a week.

mom!

Post Mon, Nov 26 2018, 1:25 pm
ra_mom wrote:

Please post recipe/instructions...

ra_mom

Post Mon, Nov 26 2018, 1:29 pm
daniels mom wrote:
Please post recipe/instructions...

Try this recipe it's amazing. Make sure to gently pull the skin back and get the seasoning under the skin to cover all of the chicken.
https://www.allrecipes.com/rec.....tyle/

watergirl

Post Mon, Nov 26 2018, 1:33 pm
amother wrote:
Thanks watergirl! I think the one my parents have is a Ronco and I can't find any Sad they seem to have been discontinued. The only ones I see are used (and expensive!) and obviously not going to buy that. Which model do you have?

Thanks ra_mom for the suggestion, I also don't love having clutter on the counter but I have room to store this one and it's one dinner that my entire family will eat without complaints, so it's worth it! I'll probably use it at least once a week.

I’m not sure which one I have. I got it as a gift 4 years ago almost, it was the newest one at that point.

amother
Ruby

Post Mon, Nov 26 2018, 1:57 pm
From the bit of googling that I've done it seems that Ronco went bankrupt, which explains why I can't find any new ones. Thanks again watergirl.

Anyone else have one to recommend?

Amarante

Post Mon, Nov 26 2018, 3:53 pm
You can actually do a rotisserie chicken in the crock pot.

I remove as much fat as possible and also a lot of skin so it's not too fatty. The skin doesn't crisp up anyway but the meat is extremely moist and succulent.

Season however you want and rub the seasonings into the chicken

Place breast side up on four balls you have made with tin foil - this enables the chicken to be suspended above all the liquid that will be accumulated.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen